Outrageous say the Russians

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Its outrageous they claim, Europe should be ashamed that a bearded drag queen wins Eurovision Contest, hoping that in there dismay the rest of the world may not notice the Russian military intervention in The Ukraine & Crimea

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    It's not the first time an Austrian with silly facial hair who made a big impression across Europe has outraged the Russians, so you can sort of understand their concerns.
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    It's not the first time an Austrian with silly facial hair who made a big impression across Europe has outraged the Russians, so you can sort of understand their concerns.

:D:D:D:D:D
  • marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    ecckles wrote: »
    Its outrageous they claim, Europe should be ashamed that a bearded drag queen wins Eurovision Contest, hoping that in there dismay the rest of the world may not notice the Russian military intervention in The Ukraine & Crimea

Not so much the Russians as the goons in the Kremlin. The people who voted in Eurovision put Conchita third in the phone poll. Even the jury put her eleventh.

Still the whole anti-gay crusade by Putin is, as you say, a distraction. It unites the Russians against a common 'enemy' so they focus on gay people rather than Putin's machinations.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Link?
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no one cares what russia thinks anyway
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the reaction can't of been that bad , she has topped the itunes download chart in erm Russia ..
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member

:D Very good.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edit changed my mind
  • ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really not much different all these years later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4-tZqYzh84
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Putin was so outraged he took his shirt off...
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you'll find it was возмутительный that they said.
  • TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russia has past a law saying gays cannot teach it's children about being gay. They've essentially been sent back to the closet....

A bearded drag act being beamed into Russian homes. And winning. I hope it leads to a re-think.

I won't hold my breath.....
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Genius.
  • Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Russia has past[sic] a law saying gays cannot teach it's children about being gay. They've essentially been sent back to the closet.

You mean like Maggie and her Clause (later Section) 28 of The Local Government Act 1988
    Prohibition on promoting homosexuality by teaching or by publishing material.

(1) A local authority shall not—

(a) intentionally promote homosexuality or publish material with the intention of promoting homosexuality;

(b) promote the teaching in any maintained school of the acceptability of homosexuality as a pretended family relationship.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evo102 wrote: »
    You mean like Maggie and her Clause (later Section) 28 of The Local Government Act 1988

"pretended"..... I'm glad that bitch is dead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    F##k Russia.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member

:D:D:D:D:D
  • breakofdawnbreakofdawn Posts: 49
    Forum Member

Lol. I enjoyed that one! :D
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    they still have not made comment on the fact they were booed so viciously at the contest have they?

europe hates russia
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    Like I always say, I preferred Russians when they were being kept behind walls and barbed wire fences.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Like I always say, I preferred Russians when they were being kept behind walls and barbed wire fences.

I think the Russians preferred it too.
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Armi wrote: »
    It's really not much different all these years later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4-tZqYzh84

Well if we can relive the Cold War maybe we can bring back Spitting Image as well?

Although in fairness they had Gorby pegged all wrong.