Options

BBC Children In Need Single - God Only Knows (feat. Just about everyone...)

13»

Comments

• Options
    *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    I got most but missed a few like the lady on horse and black girl at end

BIB - The lovely Eliza Carthy
  • Options
    AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just another crap charity cover version.
    Meh.
  • Options
    storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian Wilson sounds a bit auto tuned. Nice to see the variety of artists on there. Jake Bugg sounded like MIKA.
  • Options
    danny_gamerdanny_gamer Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just horrendous and embarrassing. Shame on Dave Grohl.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For a charity single (and given all the promotion on the BBC), this track hasn't performed very well. It entered the charts at 20, and has now fallen to 38 in the second week.

It hasn't replicated the success of Perfect Day at all.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a charity single (and given all the promotion on the BBC), this track hasn't performed very well. It entered the charts at 20, and has now fallen to 38 in the second week.

Poor choice of song, simply doesn't work with the "charity single" format.

Perfect Day was originally recorded for the BBC's 75th anniversary and only later released as a charity single due to public demand.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I didn't even know it was out. I thought it would be released the week of Children in Need or something.

I haven't even seen it promoted on the Beeb or even played on the radio since the days after the unveiling.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RaiseItUp wrote: »
    I didn't even know it was out. I thought it would be released the week of Children in Need or something.

I haven't even seen it promoted on the Beeb or even played on the radio since the days after the unveiling.

They've been playing bits of the track quite often between programmes, to advertise "BBC Music".