Dancing With The Stars New Season Rumours

Comments

• dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Shatner was joking there!!

Screencap in a US paper today suggests boxer Victor Ortiz, Bachelorette Emily Maynard, Kourt ey Kardashian and Honey Boo Boo's mum :eek:
  • AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    I think Shatner was joking there!!

Screencap in a US paper today suggests boxer Victor Ortiz, Bachelorette Emily Maynard, Kourt ey Kardashian and Honey Boo Boo's mum :eek:

Wow, they're really starting to bottom scrape now. I cannot even begin to wonder who is upcoming and solidified as contestants. I think they should go to one season per year now, but then the momentum might wane.

Just please stop with the fusion dances and go to how it was a few seasons ago.

Did Derek make a decision yet? I saw some tweet a few days ago that he was going to make some announcement, but I lost track.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cast will be announced on Good Morning America, February 26th.

Presuming the rumors will begin to turn in over the next few days for two weeks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say Victor Ortiz is plausible at the moment.

This is the second time I've heard his name - I think the others were mentioned to grab attention.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sean Lowe (The Bachelor) is now rumored.

Don't worry, he's a lot nicer than Jake Pavelka, supposedly.
  • MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Tamar Braxton do DWTS. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MuSiKe wrote: »
    I'd like to see Tamar Braxton do DWTS. :D

Same - and hopefully she'd do better than Toni. I reckon she would, as Tamar has such a wild, carefree personality.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Brace yourself folks. The New York Times are saying-

Victor Ortiz (boxer), Kourtney Kardashian (reality star), Emily Maynard (Bachelorette) and Mama June (mother of devil child Honey Boo Boo) are all in the cast!

Too many reality stars for me to even begin to comprehend!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brace yourself folks. The New York Times are saying-

Victor Ortiz (boxer), Kourtney Kardashian (reality star), Emily Maynard (Bachelorette) and Mama June (mother of devil child Honey Boo Boo) are all in the cast!

Too many reality stars for me to even begin to comprehend!

I reckon Victor will happen, this is the second time he's been rumored.

TLC has denied Mama June will be in.

And it sounds like Sean Lowe (Bachelor) will be in, instead of Emily!
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Less than a week until the cast reveal, yet everything is very quiet on the rumour front. I'm sure we usually know a few more names by this time - ah well, hopefully there'll be some pleasant surprises. (I'm fairly sure that Gladys, Martina, Katherine etc weren't rumoured at all. The Americans are a lot better at not leaking the names to the press than we are!).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want Jamie Lynn Spears, too. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Less than a week until the cast reveal, yet everything is very quiet on the rumour front. I'm sure we usually know a few more names by this time - ah well, hopefully there'll be some pleasant surprises. (I'm fairly sure that Gladys, Martina, Katherine etc weren't rumoured at all. The Americans are a lot better at not leaking the names to the press than we are!).

Last season, about half the cast was revealed in a TVGuide leak the night before the reveal. Everyone ended up being 'revealed' except for Gladys, who hadn't been cast at the time of the article being written.

I think the only real bet so far is Victor Ortiz, and perhaps Sean Lowe. There was even a (probably untrue) rumour calling out Kate Hudson, and Wynonna Judd supposedly deleted a tweet which linked itself to DWTS dates.

I'm hoping that they're settling on big names and finalising contracts ATM. Training starts on Sunday, so hopefully we'll start to get likely names by then!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    If any of the above mentioned turn up on DWTS it will be a joke. The PROs are more famous and liked than these reality show creations. If this is the best they can do, then just make this season about the PRO's. After all it's probably the last time they will all be together since Maks and Derek's contracts are ending soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Wynonna Judd is actually an okay shout - she's pretty famous and if people haven't heard of her, they've heard of her family name surely.

Here are some of her tweets (note that the dates aren't completely right - 24th, which she states in one, is the start of training, and 28th - maybe she's covering it up. If it isn't DWTS, she has some kinda secret, lol)
    I WILL TELL YOU THIS…..THE SECRET IS SOMETHING THAT IS CRAZY GOOD!!!!!!!!!

My secret has to do w/ saying that at this age, it would be something I would NEVER expect would happen to me.

I wonder what questions people REALLLLLY wana ask me about (Besides a response about the secret).I’m sitting here people watching (From my

Only 8 more days until I can share my secret. I’m counting down as of today.

Welllllll……..There has been a change in the day I am able to tell the secret. I have now been given the date of 2/28.UGH!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We got some rumours!!

HollywoodLife says bachelor Sean Lowe and an unidentified boxer (likely Victor Ortiz) will join gymnast Aly Raisman, chef Bobby Flay and maybe football player Colin Kaepernick.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/02/21/dancing-with-the-stars-cast-2013-sean-lowe/
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know which Pros are back yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    We got some rumours!!

HollywoodLife says bachelor Sean Lowe and an unidentified boxer (likely Victor Ortiz) will join gymnast Aly Raisman, chef Bobby Flay and maybe football player Colin Kaepernick.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/02/21/dancing-with-the-stars-cast-2013-sean-lowe/

Are they big names in America? I certainly have never heard of them! Maybe I'd know them more if I lived in the USA. :p
    Forum Member
    I know Bobby Flay- he's great but will not be able to dance!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MuSiKe wrote: »
    Are they big names in America? I certainly have never heard of them! Maybe I'd know them more if I lived in the USA. :p

Sean is on The Bachelor.

Aly is on the Fierce Five gymnastics team (who would have been in Shawn and Derek's Freestyle)

Bobby presents a bunch of shows on the Food Network.

Colin played for the 49ers in the Superbowl (one of their best players, I thought too)

And Victor is a welterweight champion boxer.

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know which Pros are back yet?

The most likely pros that are back are Cheryl, Maks, Val and Tony.

Kym won't be back as she's filming Celebrity Apprentice in Australia.

Lindsey Arnold from SYTYCD has been offered a role supposedly, likely a troupe spot, meaning one of the troupe members may become a pro in Kym's spot. (Maybe a male too in Derek's presuming he's not on)

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Derek isn't returning this season either. Its believed that Henry Byalikov from the troupe will be another of the new pro's.
    Forum Member
    Few Tweet rumours (started by Lisa Rinna) that Billy Idol might be taking part (although Lisa's original Tweet was just that she had a "random though" about him doing it)

They seem to have a token Brit most years, and Billy was always much bigger in the US than over in the UK.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Few Tweet rumours (started by Lisa Rinna) that Billy Idol might be taking part (although Lisa's original Tweet was just that she had a "random though" about him doing it)

They seem to have a token Brit most years, and Billy was always much bigger in the US than over in the UK.

I very much doubt it, but I'd like to see him on the show. Not sure if he'd be any good, though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note that in Season 14, HollywoodLife had about an 8% (yes, an astonishingly good EIGHT PERCENT) success rate in the predicting of the cast. Bobby Flay has said no, and I think there'll be no Colin, so I reckon while Victor and Sean are near locks, there's Aly Raisman who I'm looking out at now.