I hate James

FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
Forum Member
✭✭
What an idiot, how can anybody take Gary Busey of all people that seriously? Reeks of insecurity.

Was Gary's joke potentially offensive? Yes. But did Gary mean to offend James? No, I really don't think so.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    James should be ashamed of himself saying along the lines of.... I've never punched a 70yr old...
  • Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is indeed hateful, so yours is a natural response OP.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    What an idiot, how can anybody take Gary Busey of all people that seriously? Reeks of insecurity.

Was Gary's joke potentially offensive? Yes. But did Gary mean to offend James? No, I really don't think so.

Gary was being laddish - he was with the blokes and thought his joke would be well received.
    He misread the situation as james overeacted ridiculously.

It was a JOKE.
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary was being laddish - he was with the blokes and thought his joke would be well recieved.
    he misread the situation as james overeacted ridiculously.

It was a JOKE.
    I agree with you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    the whole argument was hilarious - loved when gary said '' stand up! ''.

but i'm surprised that james is that easily offended. plus i didn't like the way he was talking down to gary like a child.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    ' Look at me when I'm talking to you!'
    ' Don't look at them look at me!
    Pompous tw*t!>:(
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ' Look at me when I'm talking to you!'
    ' Don't look at them look at me!
    Pompous tw*t!>:(

I can think of a better word than that for him..but I don't want a ban
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not liking James or David at the moment at all.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see more of his body before deciding if I hate him or not.
  • mrsdidimrsdidi Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I like James and I like Gary as well I don't feel I have to pick one or the other.

Gary appears to have no "filter button" and that seems to be annoying not just James but some of the others as well, a few of them have said so. This can happen in people who have had brain injuries and his statment that he didn't remember what he said along with his confusion on the opening night makes me think he has more problems as a result of his accident than maybe he lets on.

James is very confident and sure of himself and I think that will get annoying as the series goes on but I do think he genuinely was surprised by what Gary said and offended some people would have let it slide but James doesn't seem to be the type to do that and I find it odd how some people shout about "keeping it real" being so important but when somebody does react in an honest way they call him names
  • scotslassiescotslassie Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James could have simply said "no, I'm not gay" then laughed to be polite.

That was extremely uncomfortable to watch.
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate him, but he is coming across exactly like he did on strictly......A complete knob with delusions of grandeur.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member

I agree....

Most people have come accross family or friends with problems associated with diminished cognitive skills.

The man has lived a life with a great deal of adoration and status, and I think that he is slowly driving himself insane, as I believe he is aware of his worsening condition.:(

James, If he was a nice guy, as he is trying to pretend to be, would have shrugged it off and, if necessary, rebutted in a polite manner.

All we have in this house now is a group of people who see attacking Gary as a ticket to more airtime.

I don't appreciate homophobic jokes, the real villains are the pack of Hyenas with little excuse for their behaviour.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrsdidi wrote: »
    Well I like James and I like Gary as well I don't feel I have to pick one or the other.

Gary appears to have no "filter button" and that seems to be annoying not just James but some of the others as well, a few of them have said so. This can happen in people who have had brain injuries and his statment that he didn't remember what he said along with his confusion on the opening night makes me think he has more problems as a result of his accident than maybe he lets on.

James is very confident and sure of himself and I think that will get annoying as the series goes on but I do think he genuinely was surprised by what Gary said and offended some people would have let it slide but James doesn't seem to be the type to do that and I find it odd how some people shout about "keeping it real" being so important but when somebody does react in an honest way they call him names

I agree.
  • Wildrover06Wildrover06 Posts: 4,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me that David, James & Audley are all desperately trying to establish themselves as top dog, & failing miserably in the process.

Less is more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary was being laddish - he was with the blokes and thought his joke would be well received.
    He misread the situation as james overeacted ridiculously.

It was a JOKE.

Which James, of all people, should realise, having earlier made sexist comments about his own missus, and offering to provide a particular... erm .. service for Dee...
  • white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R82n8 wrote: »
    I don't hate him, but he is coming across exactly like he did on strictly......A complete knob with delusions of grandeur.

Precisely. Plus him jiving in his tragic underpants later was NOT a good look!! Ola needs to shop somewhere better. :o
  • 777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't really understand it (Must switch on the subtitles) but surely James did/said as bad or if not worse than Gary? (not that I'm keen on Gary either)
  • -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    I'd like to see more of his body before deciding if I hate him or not.

This :D
  • KittenPartyKittenParty Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Very uptight not very bright up for a fight, that's what he came across as last night.

I've never heard of him before, but he really isn't someone you'd want be stuck in a room with for longer than a minute. Let alone a house for a few weeks.
  • 2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought that James acted like a complete bellend!
    And the to speak for the whole of Britain when he said that we don't like jokes like that. What a stuck up pompous fecking prat.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Geez Gary really can do no wrong in peoples eyes, it amazes me
  • lightupvmlightupvm Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly this. The fact he said 'F off' proves he thinks being gay is a bad thing.
  • MaisieMooMooMaisieMooMoo Posts: 1,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And when James was later speaking to the others, he said he didn't want to talk about it and within seconds, he was telling them everything and enjoying their reactions
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    And when James was later speaking to the others, he said he didn't want to talk about it and within seconds, he was telling them everything and enjoying their reactions

That really got my goat, it wasn't just once either - he was boasting..... at someone who obviously is damaged and can't help themselves. Where is his humanity?

Maybe Gary is damaged and offensive, but I find James is so insincere that it hurts...picking on someone who needs help just for some more airtime.....

If this is him putting his best foot forward, can I suggest he just goes backwards out the door.