Actors/actress who got on screen and didn't off screen?

Comments

• Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Gurgles wrote: »
    I remember seeing a documentary about Eric Morcambe and apparently he and Ernie were very close friends, as were the Two Ronnies - Barker and Corbett.
    Also Ronnie Barker and Richard Beckinsale were friends and Ronnie was devastated by his sudden death.

I had heard that the Steptoe and Son actors loathed each other.

Re Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze, where's the source that they hated each other? She said some lovely things about him after his death.

Well documented at the time and he was frustated at her lack of dance experience. the truth is they made the best of a bad situation.

The scene where they are practising their dance and she keeps giggling ..... he looks pissed off and that's because he was. The director decided to keep it in the film.

Swayze was also quoted as saying the love story wasn't particularly believable in his opinion.
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's the alleged feud between Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattrall, not to mention the infamous Vanity Fair shoot between the Desperate Housewives cast members.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I read an interview where she said Emily was her bridesmaid:confused

Anne hasn't got married but Emily did recently. You probably read that Anne was Emily's bridesmaid.
  • stairwaystairway Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minxymoo wrote: »
    Shannen Doherty and everyone.

Well, I sent Alyssa Milano a fan email, saying how I loved Charmed, and surprisingly got a reply, thanking me for watching, and she was having a break in New Orleans,
    She also said don't miss the next season of Charmed as something happens in it to the relief of everyone.
    That season was the one that Shannen Doherty left.....:D
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Smith (Fresh Prince) and the original Vivian. Which is a shame as the original Vivian is streets ahead of the replacement.
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whip wrote: »
    Apparently Emu hated Rod Hull and the fall was very suspicious, apparently Emu was meant to be holding the ladder.

Emu has an alibi, he made sure of that. Truth be told, he put the hit out to tender and Bungle and Zippy from Rainbow, got the job.
    guffybear wrote: »
    it is alleged Peter Cook did not like Dudley Moore

The truth behind this is that Peter was a bit surprised and not a little jealous that Dudley suddenly made it very big in Hollywood after the success of Arthur and 10, and he wished he could have had some of that as well!
    dd68 wrote: »
    The actors on Steptoe and Son apparently detested each other

Not true, according to the biography of Steptoe and Son that I've read and own. But everyone accepts that the public will believe that, and in a way it's a compliment to the stars' acting that the public are inclined to believe that, because they were so good at playing the bitching father and son.
  • fluffybunyipfluffybunyip Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to mention Craig Charles and Chris Barrie too, was surprised about that one!

Apparently, Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie didn't get on too well when they were making The Tourist recently.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stairway wrote: »
    Well, I sent Alyssa Milano a fan email, saying how I loved Charmed, and surprisingly got a reply, thanking me for watching, and she was having a break in New Orleans,
    She also said don't miss the next season of Charmed as something happens in it to the relief of everyone.
    That season was the one that Shannen Doherty left.....:D

I'm glad SHannen left and not Alyssa but I still prefer the original three sisters on screen.
  • noodkleopatranoodkleopatra Posts: 12,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will Smith (Fresh Prince) and the original Vivian. Which is a shame as the original Vivian is streets ahead of the replacement.

Didn't the original Vivian leave due to the actress being pregnant? She was fired for 'breach of contract' - hence why little Nicky was written in.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    GerriP wrote: »
    Alyson Hannigan and Amber Benson didn't get on (Willow and Tara in Buffy)

omg really. Is that really true as i loved them as that has slightly ruined that for me if i ever decide to re live my buffy boxsets.
    Anne hasn't been married :confused:

Emily got married. I think they meant vice versa

Shannen Doherty and Alyssa Milano never got on. Shannen was horrible to Milano but nice to Holly as they have been mates for years. Shannen announced she was leaving after series 3 but she was blatently sacked and it's not nice admitting your sacked is it so it's best to say your leaving.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    I was reading an article about Last of the Summer Wine and I was surprised to learn that Bill Owen and Brian Wilde didn't get on off screen. Similarly I also learnt that Bill Owen and Michael Bates didn't get on with each other either as they often argued about politics.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon and Ponch from the 70s series CHiPS apparently didn't get on.
    I used to like that programme.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Anne hasn't got married but Emily did recently. You probably read that Anne was Emily's bridesmaid.

I think I know the interview you were talking about and Anne mentioned that she would have Emily as her bridesmaid.
  • Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cast of the Golden Girls didn't get on that well off screen, or more specifically, Bea Arthur hadn't much time for Betty White and Estelle Getty. It's a testament to their brlliant acting that this never came across in the show.

Warren Mitchell absolutely loathed Tony Booth in Till Death Us Do Part which was probably a bonus in that their characters hated each other too.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the alleged rift between the late Wendy Richard and Barbara Windsor on the set of Eastenders. I think Wendy may have been slightly jealous that Babs came along some ten years after the show had started and became the central female matriarch character, when she'd been there from day one.

I was very surprised that Wendy died Babs was on the news after her funeral gushing about how much Wendy would have loved it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the alleged rift between the late Wendy Richard and Barbara Windsor on the set of Eastenders. I think Wendy may have been slightly jealous that Babs came along some ten years after the show had started and became the central female matriarch character, when she'd been there from day one.

I was very surprised that Wendy died Babs was on the news after her funeral gushing about how much Wendy would have loved it.
    I expect she still had a lot of respect for her and was saddened by the death.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevenjw wrote: »
    How about George Peppard's feud with Mr T in the A Team.

I think Peppard also fell out with the actress who played the team's helper, Amy, in the early days of the show...I think she was fired as a result...
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,206
    Forum Member
    Release Me wrote: »
    I'll start first...

Got on: David Jason and Nicholas Lyndhurst
    Didn't get on: James Bolam Rodney Bewes
    David and Nicholas get on fine, read in David Jason biography that they once pretended to have a row to make the cast of OFAH think they werent gettting on, spot on about the Bolam/Bews thing though, former hasnt spoken to the latter for years.
  • lemonpinkladylemonpinklady Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dennis C wrote: »
    Emu has an

Not true, according to the biography of Steptoe and Son that I've read and own. But everyone accepts that the public will believe that, and in a way it's a compliment to the stars' acting that the public are inclined to believe that, because they were so good at playing the bitching father and son.

There was a BBC3 play about how much these hated each other. Harry H Corbett was a serious classic actor before Steptoe who got carried away with the money and fame etc but despised the whole thing and Wilfred Bamble with it.
  • snoopy33snoopy33 Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that the actor who played the lead role in Jag was a nightmare to work with
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    William Shatner was loathed by the majority of the cast of Star Trek, though he is best friends with Leonard Nimoy (although they weren't close originally, I believe).
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Know these aren't actors but both never got on with each other Andy Cole and Teddy Sheringham.
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't the original Vivian leave due to the actress being pregnant? She was fired for 'breach of contract' - hence why little Nicky was written in.

She was fired for breach of contract but the problems
    went a little deeper than that. Im sure it had something to do with WIll Smith not wanting to team up with the rest of the cast to ask for more money.

She thinks he was behind her firing. Its all tit for tat but in a nutshell she thought he was a jumped up whipper snapper and he thought she was up herself. :p

Linkage.....http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_n18_v84/ai_14330371/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I was reading an article about Last of the Summer Wine and I was surprised to learn that Bill Owen and Brian Wilde didn't get on off screen. Similarly I also learnt that Bill Owen and Michael Bates didn't get on with each other either as they often argued about politics.

My grandad knew Bill Owen and did tell me that he was a fairly unpleasant person.
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member

Wendy and Bill Treacher (Arthur Fowler) were not meant to have got on either.