Options

Doctor Who Fans (Part Barbara)

Comments

• Options
    Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »

Argh! The comment under the article! Ratings!
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    Argh! The comment under the article! Ratings!

saw them, totally inaccurate as well, even minus the timeshift the show is easily out rating the ratings before the show was canned. And the comparison ignores the fact that back then there were 4 tv channels and that shows regularly got 20 million viewers....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member

Karen had one while in the States (resulting in a bruise on her arm which she hoped Craig Ferguson wouldn't notice and bring up during their interview :D, he did :p).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen had one while in the States (resulting in a bruise on her arm which she hoped Craig Ferguson wouldn't notice and bring up during their interview :D, he did :p).

"why do i let you out alone" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AI of 87, so actually one point lower than last week, but hardly supports the idea people can't deal with the dumbed down/too complicated storyline....:D
  • Options
    WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plus side is it gives them more time to study tv...:)

Given their rather bizarre views on the imminent cancellation of DW, I'd rather assumed they'd been studying transvestites rather than television....:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WelshNige wrote: »
    Given their rather bizarre views on the imminent cancellation of DW, I'd rather assumed they'd been studying transvestites rather than television....:D

everything suddenly becomes clear! :eek:
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AI of 87, so actually one point lower than last week, but hardly supports the idea people can't deal with the dumbed down/too complicated storyline....:D

Aye, 87 certainly not to be sniffed at is it.

Good stuff!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I must admit that after not finding last series overly impressive (that's not to say I didn't enjoy it, just not as much as previous years), this series has started superbly.

I think these two episodes blow anything from last season out of the water, and I have really high hopes for the rest of the series.

It's interesting that the first 2 AI's seem to be slightly higher than the majority of last year, so perhaps the viewing public at large share my view....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WelshNige wrote: »
    I must admit that after not finding last series overly impressive (that's not to say I didn't enjoy it, just not as much as previous years), this series has started superbly.

I think these two episodes blow anything from last season out of the water, and I have really high hopes for the rest of the series.

It's interesting that the first 2 AI's seem to be slightly higher than the majority of last year, so perhaps the viewing public at large share my view....

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the story, i know it's not much fun if you don't enjoy a series much as i didn't like series 2. Much as I loved these stories, i would still rate two or three storys last year ahead of this one though!:)

The AI's are up on early last series, but you have to bear in mind that the first half of the series was something of a transition period so one would expect slightly lower ai's at that time, and they did increase as the series progressed.

I'm interested to see how the data develops this year anyway...:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the story, i know it's not much fun if you don't enjoy a series much as i didn't like series 2. Much as I loved these stories, i would still rate two or three storys last year ahead of this one though!:)

The AI's are up on early last series, but you have to bear in mind that the first half of the series was something of a transition period so one would expect slightly lower ai's at that time, and they did increase as the series progressed.

I'm interested to see how the data develops this year anyway...:)

To me AI is hugely important as it judges the 'feel' for an episode from both ardent and casual fans alike, and DW's AI ratings since 2005 have been nothing short of excellent, and quite rightly so IMO.....

If this series continues it's very strong start (and next weeks episode looks to be a corker) then I'm sure this trend will continue...

Happy days....
  • Options
    LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IGN cast interviews: http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/04/29/doctor-who-whats-to-come-in-season-6

Seems to have been made before the series started airing, and Arthurs got his lovely pheasant jumper on again :rolleyes:

A couple of points stood out for me, I'll put them in spoiler tags below although the first two aren't that spoilery and may be old news
    We find out who River is in episode 7
    River Song's identity is "going to affect Amy in ways you can't even imagine"
    MS: "There may be other timelords out there, who knows, there may be"
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it just me or have they ever so slightly tweaked the theme tune? There is now more bumbumbumbumbumbum in the bass sound compared to last year! I sounded a lot better! Unless of course I've been listening to exactly the same theme as last year but didn't notice!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bah hah this is brilliant....:D

http://i.imgur.com/GVbXM.jpg

Goddamnit Steve!:D
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Steve Silent and Jimmy Big Hands! :p The Blogtor commentary was most amusing :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Chris Ecclestone is on The One Show this evening....:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Consider that yoinked...... * Looks at screen name* It wasn't me lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aww chris looks lovely....:)

he said he was at a street party on friday!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    aww chris looks lovely....:)

he said he was at a street party on friday!:D

I'm so sad I've recorded it!

Anyway just checked the Jack list. We have 87 to reduce to 50. :eek::eek:How do you want to do it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tumpy wrote: »
    I'm so sad I've recorded it!

Anyway just checked the Jack list. We have 87 to reduce to 50. :eek::eek:How do you want to do it?

well i think it will be slightly more, i am just going to bold the ones i think might need to be broken down in to separate moments, let me know what you think, or if you see others that should be! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    well i think it will be slightly more, i am just going to bold the ones i think might need to be broken down in to separate moments, let me know what you think, or if you see others that should be! :eek:

OK I'll check again later
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tumpy wrote: »
    OK I'll check again later

i've done it, just a few to consider.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is this i am reading on twitter about our prime minister supporting a campaign to stop gay couples kissing/embracing on tv before 9pm? If this is true then i have to say i don't think we should have a prim minister who would support such blatant discrimination! :eek:

I'm hoping it's not true!
  • Options
    LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is this i am reading on twitter about our prime minister supporting a campaign to stop gay couples kissing/embracing on tv before 9pm? If this is true then i have to say i don't think we should have a prim minister who would support such blatant discrimination! :eek:

I'm hoping it's not true!

Reported here by DS: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a317367/brooke-vincent-slams-cameron-gay-rights-support.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lowri wrote: »

It's mind boggling if true...but i don't see a quote from Cameron, though. But if it's true what a disgrace!!!!! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.