"Swagger Jagger" released on July 31 - predictions of chart placement please!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Definite top 3

THINK: TOP 3 ANYWHERE
    HOPE: #145

it is POOR!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Cher but I don't think much of this song, but it will probably do ok. I don't think it will be no.1
  • field_442field_442 Posts: 2,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends how strong her fanbase is. I myself hate the song, can't see something as bad as that getting much radio play, and only think it would get into the top 10/15 if any other artist released it.

As it's Cher her sheep will probably go out and by it regardless and it will make the top 5.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    Air of desperation releasing this "song" in the summer.

Think it will make top 10.

Hope it will not chart.
  • SageDragonSageDragon Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    It's not what I wanted to hear from Cher, but as far as disposable landfill pop goes, it's actually quite good disposable landfill pop. Annoyingly catchy but dangerously close to being a 'novelty' song. And the comparisons with Crazy Frog are all too apparent.

I wouldn't attempt to second guess the tastes of the Great British Public - the song is as divisive as the lady herself. In that regard, it may just turn out to be a masterstroke...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    It will hit top 5 no doubt.. I thought the remix could of been a no 1 which she played on radio 1 extra on westwoods show it seemed even more Cher Lloyd but unfortunately its not upto Cher which verison get's released.. i hope both versions are on the cd and itunes
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll be #1 obviously. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    As a big Cher lloyd fan i think the song isnt great am 100% sure theres many better songs on the album.. but she can make this track even better live and that will help it sell i feel as a performer shes the best ever on the x factor no doubt..
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Number one. Yo faves better run, run, run.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No 5.
    It was weird that Scott Mills or Becky didn't say anything about the song after it was played or read out listeners texts.
    Not a good sign, i think, that was the first and last time it will be played on Radio 1. Goodluck to her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »
    No 5.
    It was weird that Scott Mills or Becky didn't say anything about the song after it was played or read out listeners texts.
    Not a good sign, i think, that was the first and last time it will be played on Radio 1. Goodluck to her.

Maybe CBeebies radio will play it :p
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe CBeebies radio will play it :p

Lmao, well those kids need a new nursey rhryme lol
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    No 5.

Yes I noticed that too and thought it very strange. He was also doing a feature on how he can predict the future and was waiting on him saying that he predicted a number one
  • jcallaghan86jcallaghan86 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #7 I think
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think below 20s
    Hope Doesn't chart.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Think: #4-ish.
    Hope: top 10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Think: Maybe 25
    Hope: 82
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    think it will go top 5, even no 1 if she gets the promotion right. the song is not living up to the hype for me though.
  • pixiepiepixiepie Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really don't like the song but think it will probably be a number 1.
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if her PR had not made sure that she was seen and photographed all over the place I'd have said it wouldn't chart at all ;). Seeing as chart success is often in direct proportion to column inches I'd say Top 5.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is dire. I would imagine only her young hardcore fan base will buy it becuase they like her. I did not like her performances on X Factor but honestly thought she would have released something better than this for her debut.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Moyles show (apart from Aled) hated it but did give it loads of publicity by making a parody of it to the tune of my darling clementine and then playing it loads
  • wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    Chris Moyles show (apart from Aled) hated it but did give it loads of publicity by making a parody of it to the tune of my darling clementine and then playing it loads

surely this can't be good though if radio 1 are taking the p**s - or is he not representative.

I really like Cher and I find it hard to believe that an artist that Syco clearly see as having a huge future, can be so badly advised - even if it's a huge hit, it's still a joke song that makes it difficult to build a sustainable career on the back of. Or am I being too negative - I just don't get what they think they are doing:confused:
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    Swagger Jagger is like Cher herself - Marmite. So it will either be #1 or never make it to the top 40. Depends on how many people actually like Cher.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surely this can't be good though if radio 1 are taking the p**s - or is he not representative.

I really like Cher and I find it hard to believe that an artist that Syco clearly see as having a huge future, can be so badly advised - even if it's a huge hit, it's still a joke song that makes it difficult to build a sustainable career on the back of. Or am I being too negative - I just don't get what they think they are doing:confused:

I totally agree and I worry for the single of 1D's. Luckily Matt and Rebecca have other input which hopefully will help or does Simon Cowell (control freak) have the final say in everything?