Xbox One Community chat

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    According to [this] aticle the hypervisor on X1 allows developers to draw system RAM that's allocated for the Windows OS and use it for games.

This is an interesting feature that isn't being talked about but it's nice to know there is flexibility there which should help to further future proof the machine.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minnimo wrote: »
    There are still a few of us around here ;)

However, the gaming section fairly became crammed with nothing but complaints which actually became quite tiresome to read over and over again.

Kudos Arrow! It was you that started the original COD4 beta community and I hope this one will grow in the same way :)

I'm getting it also so like in the beginning I will be depending on all of your good reviews within this one thread. One stop shop and all that :D

Minni! It's been a while.

I'm hoping that we can get a bunch of DS players come launch to play together. Exciting times ahead :D
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Minni! It's been a while.

I'm hoping that we can get a bunch of DS players come launch to play together. Exciting times ahead :D

Was playing cod4 a few weekends ago and was on the vacant map. Brought back some good memories. Then promptly went private and had a knife game. I vaguely toyed with the idea of putting up a thread to see if anyone wanted to have a game but realise not many of old players are still reading like Jedi, Speedy, Monkey etc to give a mention to a few left out up above. There was someone else that I always confuser with Reaper but can't think of his name.

Anyway back on topic. I am looking forward to this coming out. Wish it would bring with it better connection a mind you!!
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »

I seem to remember Feed the Reaper been a bit of a shit stirrer.

He did it so well!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Right I have both x1 and ps4 on pre order and have been finding it hard to choose, but after all the ps "fans" acting like children with mines bigger than yours type arguments from the uneducated masses it seems, I will be getting the Xbox One. It's nice to see a thread like this crop up. If ps fans make any comments please people just ignore them
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spike305 wrote: »
    Right I have both x1 and ps4 on pre order and have been finding it hard to choose, but after all the ps "fans" acting like children with mines bigger than yours type arguments from the uneducated masses it seems, I will be getting the Xbox One. It's nice to see a thread like this crop up. If ps fans make any comments please people just ignore them

Not looking to start anything, but you talk like xbox fans were angels back when their console was on top, and the other guy was suffering.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Not trying to!! Just getting a little sick of all the trashing I read on every article about x1
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted. off topic and veering the thread into usual terrain.
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    deleted. off topic and veering the thread into usual terrain.

Least you seem to find common sense.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/424451/xbox-360-dlc-season-passes-transferable-to-xbox-one/#comments

This seems a good idea to help people who may not buy a console on launch day. If you buy the 360 version of a game you can buy a season pass for DLC content and then when you buy an Xbox 1 and its version of that same game all your DLC content will be available on Xbox 1.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/424451/xbox-360-dlc-season-passes-transferable-to-xbox-one/#comments

This seems a good idea to help people who may not buy a console on launch day. If you buy the 360 version of a game you can buy a season pass for DLC content and then when you buy an Xbox 1 and its version of that same game all your DLC content will be available on Xbox 1.

Now that is good news! Wish it were applicable cross platform though e.g. EA Origin BF4 Premium to PC and Xbox for example but would never happen!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Just noticed that the Day 1 console has sold out on Amazon.
    Forum Member
    An in-depth hands-on with the X1 controller at CVG. link

Sounding very nice!
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An in-depth hands-on with the X1 controller at CVG. link

Sounding very nice!

Jeez, is that dude awake? (Yawn)
    Forum Member
    That's just kind of how he is. I liked this because it covered most if not all areas of how the controller feels, some people just skip to what they think is important and leave out the smaller details that hardcore gamers care about like the feel of the D-pad etc. whereas he done a pretty good job.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Can't wait to try that on PC, new D-Pad looks great and is suppose to feel great to, if the altered design is better, then even better for PC Gamers, the plug and play of the Xbox 360 controller has made PC gaming even more easier than before, and now with the Xbox One controller on the horizon, we're finally getting another "oficial Windows endorsed" controller to use to, hope it's backwards compatible with previous controller games, that would make PC Gaming with the controller somewhat ironic to. :p
    Forum Member
    Yep, Microsoft make some of the very best controllers, X1 looking their best work yet.

Also, Killer Instinct, Chief Thunder revealed

Very glad to see him coming back, the more I see this game the more I want it. :cool:
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Decided to bite the bullet and upgrade my internet to fibre in time for release.Planning to download a few games rather than buy physical copies ,Killer instinct being one of them.

I just wish they'd announce a release day already.The longer they leave it the less chance I have of getting a couple of days booked off at work.
    Forum Member
    I didn't think it would at first but I have to say fire optic makes a big difference. Some of my downloads on XBL are lightning fast and nothing is really an inconvenience. I presume the servers will be even quicker on X1.

Release day will be coming at Gamecom on Tuesday. The above Killer Instinct vid states they are launching day 1 in November so I think that's going to be the month at least.
    Forum Member
    New Trailer for us on Monday

https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/368425305775419392
    I just watched one of the best trailers I've seen in a long, long time. I LOL'd (in a good way) multiple times. See it on @IGN on Monday :-)

Not sure what game could be worthy of multiple 'lols' dead rising 3 maybe?
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I didn't think it would at first but I have to say fire optic makes a big difference. Some of my downloads on XBL are lightning fast and nothing is really an inconvenience. I presume the servers will be even quicker on X1.

Release day will be coming at Gamecom on Tuesday. The above Killer Instinct vid states they are launching day 1 in November so I think that's going to be the month at least.

But 2D you already admitted you're not expecting PC sized games, sorry man, but games being 8GB and lower will soon become a thing of the past, expect games being around 15GB to 25GB now as standard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And why would servers be quicker on Xbox One when they're using the same servers, much less you won't get a home connection that is going to beat the connectivity of CDNs...
    Forum Member
    Positive thread guys......positive

PM him if it bothers you so much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if you want a thread full of bullcrap and myths then fine, be my guest.
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    Well, if you want a thread full of bullcrap and myths then fine, be my guest.

Good, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.