Options

Mayday, BBC1&HD, 9pm Sun-Thu

Comments

• Options
    linfranlinfran Posts: 5,607
    Forum Member
    The best bit for me was realising that Fiona had set up Everett to protect her family - didn't see that one coming.

I have to agree with that.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    So any evidence against Everett is now a pebble,,Thats MAGIC:D:D

Did he choke at the end (hope so. Hope both of them did )

I thought Fi planted the hair in Everett's.

It's late and I'm feeling obtuse. What happened with the stones/charm?
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Linus killed his mother. That wasn't obvious :rolleyes:

He didn't really though did he? He was a 5 year old who left his Thomas the Tank Engine out on the landing and she slipped on it. He shouldn't be blamed for that you lot of meanies!
  • Options
    Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    Well if it only takes a holes-ridden, impossible load of loopy nonsense to get the BBC to pay for it, I reckon we DSers could come up with something superior dead easily. Fancy being a screenplay writer anyone? :eek:
  • Options
    heart of glassheart of glass Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    linfran wrote: »
    The best bit for me was realising that Fiona had set up Everett to protect her family - didn't see that one coming.

I have to agree with that.

You agree with a child murderer getting away with it? Nice. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with others, it couldn't decide what it wanted to be.

If it wanted to do lame supernatural stuff about magic stones, then go all out and do it, I could have stopped watching pretty quickly. They just tacked on the magic stones near the end, but it became a major plot point.

There was decent stuff in there, I thought it started well. Even the 'witch' thing wouldn't be that bad, if it really was just that guy feeling paranoid about some 'curse' that was just in his mind. But the whole thing about the body swapping, the magic stones etc... took it too far from what seemed to be an interesting murder mystery.
  • Options
    AlabasterCodifyAlabasterCodify Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    You can chuck in "what was the train station sighting all about?" into this growing list of questions too
  • Options
    Kayjay2405Kayjay2405 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a good ending. The blood on his shirt was from work, and the suspension/clearing of him was real. Hattie was a type of witch and said to him if he killed him she'd come back for him. So she took over the body of her twin to show Caitlin who killed her and also removed the 'evidence' and replaced it with a pebble to clear Linus' dad. The only thing that was missing was the policeman dying at the end, he should have had a heart attack or something so Hattie's revenge was complete. Simple. Well ok not that simple but I'm a Twin Peaks/Lost fan so am used to suspending belief ;)
  • Options
    JayneWJayneW Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought a better ending would have been the policeman having a heart attack with the final shot of Fiona looking at Caitlin.
  • Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Lol, glad I'm not the only one still confuzzled by the whole thing. :rolleyes:

Seriously, what happened to the hair charm thing that disappeared and presumably means Everett is freed?:confused:

Why did the murderer already have blood on his shirt when he picked up Hattie? :confused:

As Linus was only 16, wouldn't they have had to put him into foster care when they arrested his dad?:confused:

*starts singing 'There are mooooore questions than answers' :rolleyes:

Whoever said Fiona was acting a la Tamwar was 100% spot on. :D

Hattie turned it into a stone :confused: I'm assuming that as she'd been dropping stones onto her sister to let her know she was there. :confused:
    But as AlabasterCodify said:
    if it was supposed to be a show about the paranormal, then more paranormal things should have happened throughout. To base the whole twist on an almost out of the blue magic event just made it look daft when everything else going on was odd but not magical.
    :confused:
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Well I'm probably in the minority, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The incident between Everett and Fiona 20 years before was obviously a one night stand and she didn't take the rejection well.
    The blood on Alan's shirt was from the earlier arrest that he had old Fiona about and most likely the trigger that led to Hattie's death.
  • Options
    satellitebadgersatellitebadger Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Didn't see tonight's ending - what exactly happened to Hattie and how did it end?
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was utter crap. So many unanswered questions that have already been mentioned. I take it that Linus told Caitlin who the killer really was, decided to dress up as her twin so as she can punish him by haunting him for the rest of his life? :confused:

When he was killing Hattie, she did tell him that she would 'come back for him'... so did he choke on his cake and die at the end? :D Or will he still be roaming free with Caitlin dressing up as Hattie all the time and haunting him?

What was the curse that Hattie put on the killer?

The only thing I liked was the truth coming out regarding Linus and his dad, and the dead mum. And Linus and his dad becoming closer again. I wanted to know what happened in 1992 though... and I want to know if Linus's dad will go free. I hope he does, so he can be with his son. I laughed so much at Lesley feeding the ashes to the dog :D

Overall though, five hours of my life I'll never get back.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Money for old rope Malcolm paying Linus to shag girls in the woods. Was Malcolm tommytanking watching that Alan with Hattie thinking they were doing the same, then he puked when he realised what had happened? That explains why Malcolm didn't just go to the police?
  • Options
    Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took the show in a slightly off kilter, and twin peaks style, and in that it delivered. You can't really call the paranormal stuff tacked on at the end when in the very first episode we saw ghosts.

edit: I think the final story is quite simple. Cop hit on Hattie she's a weirdo who believes in crap, put a spell on him, he believed it and went a bit mad, the work incident pushed him over the edge and he killed her. The supernatural stuff I'm fine with.
  • Options
    JayneWJayneW Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wished the explained the bite marks on the little girl she did appear to be frightened by her dad, I wonder of this was part of the curse and he bit her?
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    That was utter crap. So many unanswered questions that have already been mentioned. I take it that Linus told Caitlin who the killer really was, decided to dress up as her twin so as she can punish him by haunting him for the rest of his life? :confused:

When he was killing Hattie, she did tell him that she would 'come back for him'... so did he choke on his cake and die at the end? :D Or will he still be roaming free with Caitlin dressing up as Hattie all the time and haunting him?

What was the curse that Hattie put on the killer?

The only thing I liked was the truth coming out regarding Linus and his dad, and the dead mum. And Linus and his dad becoming closer again. I wanted to know what happened in 1992 though... and I want to know if Linus's dad will go free. I hope he does, so he can be with his son. I laughed so much at Lesley feeding the ashes to the dog :D

Overall though, five hours of my life I'll never get back.

It was a 'Twin' thing, Hattie was communicating through Caitlin, was my take on it.
    Caitlin apologised to Linus saying she had to do what Hattie wanted her to do. Which is why Linus thought he had lost her.
  • Options
    evie squeezyevie squeezy Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Do you think Linus told Caitlin it was Alan because of the phone message Hattie left when she was in the car with him?
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant episode and ending. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I never thought that Fiona would be protecting her husband. As for every question needing an answer, well personally, I do like a certain open element which leaves the audience to decide for themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JayneW wrote: »
    I wished the explained the bite marks on the little girl she did appear to be frightened by her dad, I wonder of this was part of the curse and he bit her?

Not sure if we aren't meant to suspect that the little girl and her mum saw a glimpse of daddy and Hattie.
  • Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pretty good series.....fantastic ending.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    I thought Fi planted the hair in Everett's.

It's late and I'm feeling obtuse. What happened with the stones/charm?

She did and it turned into a stone, (i think)
  • Options
    Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if we aren't meant to suspect that the little girl and her mum saw a glimpse of daddy and Hattie.

Absolutely. Explains the argument when the girl aid they saw Hattie, and even explains her shifty acting all week, though I still just put that down to horrendous acting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you think Linus told Caitlin it was Alan because of the phone message Hattie left when she was in the car with him?

How do you mean, how would Linus know where Hattie had called from?:confused:
  • Options
    linfranlinfran Posts: 5,607
    Forum Member
    You agree with a child murderer getting away with it? Nice. :confused:

No, no, I was trying to quote the original poster who said their best bit was that Fiona had set up Everett to protect her family and to say I agreed it was the best bit for me too.

How do you highlight a part of someone's post?