The most incredible Sugababes "live" performance EVAR!

DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's an apples-to-oranges comparison, but still, it needs to be posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWk0RUng8-A

It's obviously not as easy as everyone thinks performing live as a new-ish group, judging by The Saturdays, JLS and The Wanted, so I think 4.0 deserve more credit. At least it's live and entertaining/active, not an auto-tune/lip-syncing monstrosity.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol at Keisha's dancing from 1.10-1.25.

I think this performance just proves that they're nothing without Heidi. She might not be an original member, but I think she's been a big factor in their success. If Keisha and Mutya had carried on as a duo after Siobhan left, I really don't think they'd have gone anywhere.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you pick an awful one of Mutya and Keisha purely to big up 4.0?

Shame the public don't agree with you. If they did, maybe their album wouldn't have flopped horribly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    Lol at Keisha's dancing from 1.10-1.25.

I think this performance just proves that they're nothing without Heidi. She might not be an original member, but I think she's been a big factor in their success. If Keisha and Mutya had carried on as a duo after Siobhan left, I really don't think they'd have gone anywhere.

PMSL!
  • theone82theone82 Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    So you pick an awful one of Mutya and Keisha purely to big up 4.0?

Shame the public don't agree with you. If they did, maybe their album wouldn't have flopped horribly.

Are you a Keisha fan? do you really expect her to be a success like?

She'll be dropped from Island Records by Christmas, no make that Easter if she's lucky.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she'll do very well - I genuinely believe she'll get next to no TV support, especially chat shows, unless she plays the victimised ex-Sugababe card (which can only last so long) - but I'm looking forward to the album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this doesn't sound live, :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2.0 (and early 3.0) used to lip-sync a lot of their up-tempo tracks, to pre-recorded "live" tracks.

A good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4bQN3ySWrw

A bad one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q28MMJYy7Lg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    I know it's an apples-to-oranges comparison, but still, it needs to be posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWk0RUng8-A

It's obviously not as easy as everyone thinks performing live as a new-ish group, judging by The Saturdays, JLS and The Wanted, so I think 4.0 deserve more credit. At least it's live and entertaining/active, not an auto-tune/lip-syncing monstrosity.

Ooh Jade would get it:D

Incidentally, I feel this is their best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg9KQPRgllA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heidi and Amelle got better, and Jade's naturally excellent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXJO2h4lhcI
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2.0 (and early 3.0) used to lip-sync a lot of their up-tempo tracks, to pre-recorded "live" tracks.

It really annoys me when singers do that. There's just something really dishonest about it. I don't mind someone like Britney miming, for example, because at least she makes it obvious that she's miming. She just sings over the CD version of the song. But to deceive your fans into thinking you're singing live is just out of order in my opinion.

I think there should be some sort of message flash up on the screen when someone's miming during a TV performance. Might stop it happening so much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but they would always sing their ballads and mid-tempo tracks live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theone82 wrote: »
    Are you a Keisha fan? do you really expect her to be a success like?

She'll be dropped from Island Records by Christmas, no make that Easter if she's lucky.

No, I'm not a Keisha fan. I'm a Sugababes 1.0-2.0 fan. Not a fan of imposters.

It's surprising the amount of psychics there are on here. I mean I wasn't sure they really existed, but so many know exactly how Keisha's career is going to go, it's scary.

Do you know what next week's winning lottery numbers are please?
  • Arthur CucumberArthur Cucumber Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    No, I'm not a Keisha fan. I'm a Sugababes 1.0-2.0 fan. Not a fan of imposters.

It's surprising the amount of psychics there are on here. I mean I wasn't sure they really existed, but so many know exactly how Keisha's career is going to go, it's scary.

Do you know what next week's winning lottery numbers are please?

People are just applying their common sense. Look at how Mutya's solo career quickly flopped, and I think most people perceive her as more talented and likeable than Keisha.

To be honest I don't think any of the six Sugababes can cut it as a commercially successful soloists.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are just applying their common sense. Look at how Mutya's solo career quickly flopped, and I think most people perceive her as more talented and likeable than Keisha.

To be honest I don't think any of the six Sugababes can cut it as a commercially successful soloists.

Common sense would suggest that nobody knows how Keisha's solo stuff will be received. I personally thought Cheryl Cole was ****ed when I first heard the monstrosity that is FFTL but it was one of the biggest selling singles of the year.

I'd rather wait and hear Keisha's stuff for myself, rather than believe idle, nasty speculation from bitter 4.0 fans.
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but Cheryl was the nations sweetheart she could've gone platinum with a disc of bowel sounds.

Keisha on the other hand has spend 10 years as the face of the "moody" girlband and spent years being known as a bully thanks to Siobhan only to then be kicked out of her own band - she certainly doesn't have the same public standing as Cheryl so it will be based almost entirely on the music. Everyone thought Mutya would be huge but because she was just "the moody one that was in Sugababes" nothing came of it.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of my favourites

For the ballad fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwPJMVai9tw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vkmax wrote: »
    Yes but Cheryl was the nations sweetheart she could've gone platinum with a disc of bowel sounds.

Keisha on the other hand has spend 10 years as the face of the "moody" girlband and spent years being known as a bully thanks to Siobhan only to then be kicked out of her own band - she certainly doesn't have the same public standing as Cheryl so it will be based almost entirely on the music. Everyone thought Mutya would be huge but because she was just "the moody one that was in Sugababes" nothing came of it.

Cheryl Cole was a poor example, but so many songs become mega hits that I would have never thought possible.

I don't claim to know whether Keisha will be successful or not. Just find that everyone claims to know that she'll flop quite confusing - maybe it's just them telling themselves that Nasty Keisha won't be successful. Maybe it makes them feel better because they know how dreadfully their beloved Sugababes are doing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member

They're dressed very casual for an awards ceremony. lol.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Heidi looks freakishly like Jessica from Libery X In the First video!

3 or 4 can't compare to this performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa9RfwtmEFs&feature=related

Keisha, Heidi and Mutya are the Sugababes.
  • Ryan-BRyan-B Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they are supposed to be singing the new single at v in a few weeks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great lineup, but Keisha, Siobhan and Mutya were the original and best imo :)
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I love 1.0 and 2.0.

Was gutted when Mutya left and knew the group would never be the same :(
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love 1.0 and 2.0.

Was gutted when Mutya left and knew the group would never be the same :(
    Just bought 'Overloaded: The Singles Collection' and was reminded of how wonderful Siobhan's voice was on the track Overload.:) Not even sure why Amelle's on the cover - should really be Mutya.:rolleyes:

Line-ups 1 & 2 will never be matched, with no. 4 being particularly farcical.