Options

3 Days To Kill (Kevin Costner)

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
You know I thought this had come and gone, considering a perfect quality copy has been floating around online for a few weeks.

It's also on retail sale in the states as well ..

http://www.amazon.com/3-Days-Kill-Kevin-Costner/dp/B00JA3RVG4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1401988938&sr=8-2&keywords=three+days+to+kill

But no .. it's released at the cinema in the UK on June the 20th ..

And studios moan about piracy ?

Comments

• Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, as this was released on 21st February 2014 in the US hence why retail Blu-Ray & DVD and I guess VOD is already available legally.

Already watched this myself, strange film it seems to me it couldn't make up its mind about what kind movie it wanted to be?!

A strange mix of action, black comedy come spy thriller, very uneven mix.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trailer desperately wants you to think it`s Taken 3. Costner looks way out of his depth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it today and found it hugely enjoyable. Thought Costner was spot on in the lead role.

Just a shame it'll likely not do a lot of business over here.
  • Options
    AraelGrayAraelGray Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Trailer desperately wants you to think it`s Taken 3. Costner looks way out of his depth.

The horror. How dare you insult my Costner-poos. I loved him when I was a kid, he was the star of the day.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is the film any good? It does look heavily like a 'Taken' sort of movie. I doubt there's anything new in this that we haven't already seen in the Taken kind of films.

I can't seem to get excited by Kevin Costner. Don't think he's going to have the kind of success Liam Neeson is currently having with these types of movies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    So is the film any good? It does look heavily like a 'Taken' sort of movie. I doubt there's anything new in this that we haven't already seen in the Taken kind of films.

I can't seem to get excited by Kevin Costner. Don't think he's going to have the kind of success Liam Neeson is currently having with these types of movies.

It does borrow from "Taken" in the sense that it's an estranged father who works for the CIA trying to reconnect with his daughter, but the added element of the fact that he's dying of a terminal illness gives it more depth IMO, and also allows you to connect to the character a bit more.

(And that's not a spoiler, it's how the film is actually promoted ..)

It's by no means a five star classic at all, but as I said a few posts up, I found it hugely enjoyable.

IMDB have it being made on a budget of $28 million with a box office gross to date of $44 million so I wouldn't completely rule out a sequel.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went and saw this with very low expectations. I mean seriously, i was expecting a big stinker and only went and saw this as a last resort. Boy, how wrong was i!

So enjoyable!! For a Luc Besson Euro-action thriller this was so much fun. I really enjoyed it. The trailer for the film doesn't do it justice. Costner was spot on for the part, he's what made the film so fun for me. He played the role so well. His part was perfect and there was a lot of depth to the character and then you add the crazyness of uber-sexy Amber Heard, Hailee Steinfeld as his long-lost daughter plus the action scenes and well it's one hell of a bumpy purple bicycle (lol) ride.

Great mix of action, emotion (didn't expect it but it's there) and black comedy. Nothing like the Taken franchise but it beats Taken 2 by a mile. It really surprised me and i'm glad i saw it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Is this nice movie of kevin costner, maybe i will watch this
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    I wish Luc Besson would stop making these terrible "Euro" McDonalds type of action movies: 90 minutes with no depth or characterisation and make more ambitious movies like the Fifth Element.
  • Options
    J105J105 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw this the other day and thought it was great......Kevin Costner was very good in it.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The media gave this bad reviews.

Out on iTunes in a few days so worth watching?
  • Options
    bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The media gave this bad reviews.

Out on iTunes in a few days so worth watching?

Don't waste your money, wait till its on TV, the only good thing is that it does have its own style or Bessons syle, but everything else is shockingly poor.
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one disappointed that the title of the film isn't actually 3 Days To Kill Kevin Costner? Now there's a film I'd pay good money to see.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I purchased this on ITunes for £9.99 well worth it. Definitely as good as the trailer.

Wasn't sure given it wasn't really out at the cinema long but has to be one of the best action films of the year. Similar to Taken? Every action movie now is compared to that but I'd say it's just a great action movie.

Not sure why there was bad reviews here Kevin Costner played a strong part. Anybody wondering whether to watch it should give it a go.
  • Options
    RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    I liked it as well, no means a classic but still a relatively entertaining movie (7/10)...