Options

Now TV & iPlayer ? design change

chrisbartleychrisbartley Posts: 1,790
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone/everyone else getting a new iPlayer design which now longer fits the screen ?
all other apps this fit screen as before so assume BBC have changed something

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems so ...

LINK
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel free to let the BBC know ! - the more feed back the better

LINK
  • Options
    SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, had this update to the player on my Humax 2000T a few weeks ago but noticed just today my Roku streamers have the same UI now so they must be working their way through all the devices.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry my thread title wasn't clear enough ! - The iplayer display is wrong on the Now box

Is it fitting the screen ok on the Roku ?

cos in theory the Now box is just a re-badged Roku ?
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah had the update on my ROKU1 don't like it but i'll get used to it.
    Fits the screen fine for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks,

Here is how it currently appears on the Now box URL="https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FDBBDD96B8D777A5!58482&authkey=!AICmT-LB13h0-Kw&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg"]LINK[/URL

Don't believe its a setting issues since all other apps fit screen OK + I've not changed any settings !
  • Options
    cody jarrettcody jarrett Posts: 1,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread. Whoops
  • Options
    St@mmieSt@mmie Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it fits my screen ok but wow what an awful update, the BBC are surpassing themselves latelely, firstly they discontinue the Iplayer RSS feeds without notice temporarily knocking out open source apps like get_iplayer and XBMC now they foister this on us.
    Has anyone found a way to sop a program once it starts without completely exiting the app?
    I'm not usually slow on the uptake when it comes to these things but I can't find anyway to do anything other than to pause or FF and Rew.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks,

Here is how it currently appears on the Now box URL="https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FDBBDD96B8D777A5!58482&authkey=!AICmT-LB13h0-Kw&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg"]LINK[/URL

Don't believe its a setting issues since all other apps fit screen OK + I've not changed any settings !

Might not be any help but this is how it looks on my ROKU1 https://www.flickr.com/photos/96474878@N02/15792358451/
  • Options
    muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Displays ok on my Roku 3 box.
  • Options
    daydotzdaydotz Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Its a slight improvement at least I can now rewind and fast forward it seems to be a bit more reliable the last version
  • Options
    zedechozedecho Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Has anyone found a way to sop a program once it starts without completely exiting the app?
    I'm not usually slow on the uptake when it comes to these things but I can't find anyway to do anything other than to pause or FF and Rew.

I'd also like to know the answer to this. As soon as I stop playback, the app becomes sluggish (18-20 secs per keypress), and I have to exit out to the NowTV home screen and re-enter the app if I want to watch something else.

Was OK before this update.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK - regarding the iplayer screen not fitting the screen correctly problem I was having

This has now been traced to a setting in the Now box
    Previously I had been operating it on 16:9 setting without any issue but have now had to switch it to 720p to suit the new iPlayer - other apps/ sky channels still seem ok

Slightly odd that it was perfectly fine on 16:9 before the iPlayer design change ?