HDMI from pc to tv problems..

I have a hdmi lead going from my pc to my tv.
However When I use catalyst control center to do this ( on my pc graphics card ), i encounter some problems.
I set my tv as the second display
I set it up as theater mode ( to utilize the whole screen )
I then alter the resolution to 1920 x 1080 60hz.
Click ok and then the picture on my tv is perfect but my monitor is stretched and not how it should be.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
cheers in advance!! :D

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you set the two displays as Clone or Extended Desktop? In Clone both displays show the same thing and have to be the same resolution. In Extended desktop they can display different images and be different resolutions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have it on clone and cinema mode.
    I am trying to watch a film but the black bars on the screen are too big ( top and bottom of screen )
    Apart from altering this on my tv itself is there anything else i can do?
    cheers
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Use extended as chrisjr suggested.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wozski wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have it on clone and cinema mode.
    I am trying to watch a film but the black bars on the screen are too big ( top and bottom of screen )
    Apart from altering this on my tv itself is there anything else i can do?
    cheers
    Use extended mode. In this mode both displays become separate parts of the desktop. Crucially they can have different resolutions which is not possible in Clone mode.

So you can set the computer monitor resolution to whatever is appropriate to that and the TV can be set to 1920x1080.

Unlike clone mode where both computer monitor and TV have to display exactly the same thing, extended mode lets you display separate application screens on each.

So, for example, you could have the movie play on the telly and surf the web on the computer at the same time (if your computer is up to the task :))