Samsng LE32R41BD - no Freeview channels

I purchased a Samsung 32" LCD TV (Model LE32R41BD) last week following good reviews, and was particularly looking forward to doing away with my Freeview Box, as Freeview is advertised as 'built in'. During initial Setup the TV only tuned the five terrestrial channels. The instructions make no mention of Freeview at all.
I connected the Samsung to my SAGEM Freeview box, and all the available digital Freeview channels were immediately present - I presume this means the aerial is OK? The picture quality is excellent by the way, but through the Freeview box, none of the normal control features function.
Help please from any experts out there.......any reasonable suggestions welcome

Comments

• John CurrieJohn Currie Posts: 2,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jba12001 wrote:
    The instructions make no mention of Freeview at all.
    Help please from any experts out there.......any reasonable suggestions welcome

LE28/32R41BD Digital Tuning.
    Press DTV
    Press D Menu
    Down the left-hand side should be...

Guide
    Preferences
    Feature
    Channel
    System

Using the down arrow scroll down to Channel and press Enter.
    You should then have "Autostore" already high-lighted...press the right arrow and the set should then display the on-screen bargraph and start searching.
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    You have to tune in the digital tuner seperately. Press 'DTV' then go to 'D menu' Go down to 'Channel' then ' Auto Store' the rest should be self explanatory.... :) hope it helps. let me know if you are still having trouble...

Whoops someone beat me to it as I was typing... :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the model I'm planning to buy. (I'm holiding out til Easter in case they have a bit of a sale).

What do you think of it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    :) John Currie & call100
    Thanks for your guidance. All set up and running now.
    Feelsolucky. Although only in use for one week , it looks like a good buy to me. Picture definition looks good, sound OK. Looking forward to testing the High definition perfor :) mance
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    I have one excellent.
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Fantastic set... :D:D:D
  • upnunderupnunder Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had mine about a week now and I am loving it.
    Far better than the CRT i just got rid of.
    great value for money as well.