Grand Hotel - Sky Arts 2

Comments

• lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    I just found season 2 - dvd boxset is on El Court Ingles website for a mere 15 Euros (+ Amazon.es for about 19.00), one small catch. No english subtitles. I don't think my Spanish is quite at the point where I can manage without them(!)

I have been watching series 2 in Spain at the moment. Won't be posting any spoilers though as I don't understand much!.............although I will say that just about everyone is still at the hotel
  • xelxxelx Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    The last ever episode of this series aired last week in Spain. 39 episodes in total.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another Spanish drama coming to Sky Arts and December for Grand Hotel. season two.
    Sky Arts has acquired Spanish period drama Isabel after agreeing a deal with RTVE.

The arts channel will air the 13 x 90-minute series Isabel in September on Sky Arts 1.

Isabel, which is produced by Spanish indie Diagonal TV for public broadcaster RTVE, is set in the 1400s and follows the early life of Isabella, the Queen of Castile, through childhood to her marriage to Ferdinand II of Aragon.

Isabel, which is distributed by RTVE’s international sales arm, follows Sky Arts purchase of Grand Hotel, described as the Spanish Downton Abbey, from Beta Film, and French comedy Hard, from Box Distribution.

Sky has renewed Grand Hotel for a second season, along with French comedy drama Hard.

The second series of Hard will launch at the end of August, while the second series of Grand Hotel will run in December.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/international/sky-arts-acquires-spanish-period-drama/5058430.article
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Isabel sounds interesting. Might give that a watch. Thanks for the update, derek. :)
  • pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    Thanks for posting. I so hope I don't miss series 2!
  • xelxxelx Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Isabel is kind of like The Tudors, though the lead character is much more "virtuous", she was Catherine of Aragon's mother.
  • mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    teabag444 wrote: »
    just had a look at comments on sky arts site and they say season2 of Grand Hotel will be shown later this year.

So excited .... Next new episode (S2/E1): Sky Arts 1 HD Sun 29 Dec, 7:00pm
    :)
    Forum Member
    Thanks so much. I've been keeping an eye out for it, but I was sure I'd miss it! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    LOVE this show and so happy that season 3 is carrying on next week from tonight's season 2 finale, with no waiting! season 2 has been great, motoring along at full speed with never a dull moment.

(is this the only thread for grand hotel? or is there a more current one somewhere i can't see?)
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I wonder if they will show all of Series 3 together, as aired in Spain, or just show the 8 episodes that were originally part of Series 2, and the rest of Series 3 at a later date.

I'm guessing it'll be the latter since Radio Times has tonight's down as 8/16, which means we will have to wait (hopefully not that long) for the final 14 episodes.
    Forum Member
    I wonder if they will show all of Series 3 together, as aired in Spain, or just show the 8 episodes that were originally part of Series 2, and the rest of Series 3 at a later date.

I'm guessing it'll be the latter since Radio Times has tonight's down as 8/16, which means we will have to wait (hopefully not that long) for the final 14 episodes.

ah, well spotted. yes I think you've spotted we'll get the first 8 of season 3 as part of this current run and then have to wait for the final batch!

at least we'll get to see what happened after tonight's season 2 cliffhangers next week
  • Welsh WitchWelsh Witch Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Love this show, it's got more drama and twists and turns than anything I've seen in ages! I'm pretty much obsessed with it. I'm really surprised it's not more popular to be honest. It's probably the programme I most look forward to watching and I love the fact that it's nice and long too :) The only thing that bugs me is the lack of strong, intelligent women - they're either passive and docile or complete cows. Maybe it's an Era and cultural thing.
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have only just discovered this, so I downloaded the first series on Sky boxed sets. I think it's fantastic. I agree it's obsessive, I just watched all 9 hours over 3 days LOL. I find it nothing like Downton though, apart from it being in period costume and having an upstairs downstairs aspect, it's not a classic middlebrow drama, but a melodramatic romp of a soap much more like Dynasty with exaggerated intrigues, twisted plotting, cliffhangers, and vengeful characters all hellbent on scheming. In the first series I don't think a single conversation went unheard by the last person the speakers wished to hear it, nor did any letter get delivered without first being intercepted, nor any secret document not get discovered by at least 3 people, plus there wasn't one normal pregnancy to boot!!! Pascual, when he went to collect the blackmail money, dropped a props departments worth of clues and conveniently tore his cape on a bush and burst off buttons and what else I don't know! Excessive!

Anyway, my question is, I can now access Series 2 as it continues and I have got as far back as Ep 7 on catch-up, but us there anywhere I can access the first episodes of Series 2, as I'm dying to know what happens next!!!
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,526
    Forum Member
    duncann wrote: »
    I have only just discovered this, so I downloaded the first series on Sky boxed sets. I think it's fantastic. I agree it's obsessive, I just watched all 9 hours over 3 days LOL. I find it nothing like Downton though, apart from it being in period costume and having an upstairs downstairs aspect, it's not a classic middlebrow drama, but a melodramatic romp of a soap much more like Dynasty with exaggerated intrigues, twisted plotting, cliffhangers, and vengeful characters all hellbent on scheming. In the first series I don't think a single conversation went unheard by the last person the speakers wished to hear it, nor did any letter get delivered without first being intercepted, nor any secret document not get discovered by at least 3 people, plus there wasn't one normal pregnancy to boot!!! Pascual, when he went to collect the blackmail money, dropped a props departments worth of clues and conveniently tore his cape on a bush and burst off buttons and what else I don't know! Excessive!

Anyway, my question is, I can now access Series 2 as it continues and I have got as far back as Ep 7 on catch-up, but us there anywhere I can access the first episodes of Series 2, as I'm dying to know what happens next!!!

Sorry this isn't answering your question, but I noticed on Sky Box Sets that series 1 and 2 of Maison Close are available and thought you might like that too. It's French and set in a brothel (nothing like Grand Hotel :D) but it's very good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry this isn't answering your question, but I noticed on Sky Box Sets that series 1 and 2 of Maison Close are available and thought you might like that too. It's French and set in a brothel (nothing like Grand Hotel :D) but it's very good.

Thank you, I shall download it!! Looking at your username, I also love Wallander. What happened to the Swedish 2013 Krister series, was it shown here, I spend a lot of time overseas and am wondering if I missed it?
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,526
    Forum Member
    duncann wrote: »
    Thank you, I shall download it!! Looking at your username, I also love Wallander. What happened to the Swedish 2013 Krister series, was it shown here, I spend a lot of time overseas and am wondering if I missed it?

Hello duncann :) The latest Wallander starring Krister hasn't been shown yet so you haven't missed it! As far as I know it should be on this year, not sure exactly when though. I must see if I can find out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello duncann :) The latest Wallander starring Krister hasn't been shown yet so you haven't missed it! As far as I know it should be on this year, not sure exactly when though. I must see if I can find out.

Hello! Hello! Greatly reassuring to hear that. I can sleep sound tonight. I wonder why they've taken so long to show it?? Don't they know we're desperate?!
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if sky is showing the next episode of this?

It's not listed and I think it will be the last episode of this series...gutted if they aren't showing it - surely there's been a mistake or something!!?? :(:confused:
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Last night's was the last episode of this series. In Spain they aired the second half of Series 2 as part of Series 3, Sky Arts are showing Series 2 as it was originally intended. Hopefully they will air Series 3 at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later, if they do intend to air it I can see it starting in December like this series did.
    Forum Member
    Last night's was the last episode of this series. In Spain they aired the second half of Series 2 as part of Series 3, Sky Arts are showing Series 2 as it was originally intended. Hopefully they will air Series 3 at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later, if they do intend to air it I can see it starting in December like this series did.

Ah Ok, thanks for that. I'm gutted we have to wait that long, it was the one thing I looked forward to on a Sunday :(
    Forum Member
    Love this show and sorry that season 2 has come to an end. Look forward to this programme and the weekly visit to cantaloa more than any other show. Billed as the Spanish downton abbey but more plot happens in one episode of grand hotel than has happened across an entire series of downton! And all the better for it. Can't wait for season 3 to return although will be bitter sweet as it means it will be moving towards its permanent end (no season 4).
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming no-one has found out any more about series 3 (or the last few episodes, anyway)? I love this programme. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pelicano wrote: »
    I'm assuming no-one has found out any more about series 3 (or the last few episodes, anyway)? I love this programme. :(

Yes, I love it too. It is quite obsessive. I am sure Sky Arts will show Season 3, surely they must?! I would love to see it just to see what on earth else the bonkers writers can wring out of the situation and these characters, there can't be any plot twists or turns known to humankind they haven't already thought of and milked dry! I half suspect they look at old episodes of Dallas and Dynasty to get ideas, the goings-on in this hotel are excessively convoluted - and thoroughly entertaining!!
    Forum Member
    Definitely! I can't help but think that they ought to have a bigger police force, with all the murders that go on there! :D
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    I called Sky to check when Series 3 will be on air. So far accdg to their schedule they only get one month programming in advance and so far Grand Hotel S3 is not yet listed.

So frustrated that I resorted to watching it on Youtube and patiently going with the flow even though I can't understand what is being said...it's in bloody Spanish obviously!!:blush::D

But I'm so in love with Julio, Alicia, Diego, and Andres!!!