Actors/Actresses whose movies you AVOID?

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Renee Zellweger
    Owen Wilson
    Vince Vaughan
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I think there is a big difference between an actor you don't like simply being one of a number of actors in a film that otherwise appeals to you, or the film itself being essentially a vehicle for that person.

For example, I would always avoid any comedy movie built around Rob Schneider, but if he was simply one of the cast of a movie with other actors starring then it would not bother me, certainly if the movie otherwise appeaeled to me.

I agree with this. I avoid vehicles for/films starring:

Sandra Bullock
    Julia Roberts
    Katherine Heigl
    Anne Hathaway
    Sarah Jessica Parker
    and Jennifer Aniston

but if they are just part of the cast (usually with a relatively small role) I don't mind too much. There's a chance they may get a role different to the characters they usually play over and over again. Typecast actors doing something different can be really interesting.
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Four pages in and no hatred for Martin Lawrence, what's wrong with you people?
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Nesbit
    Julia Roberts
    Will Ferrel
    Woody Harrelson
    Chris Rock
    Jim Carrey
    Adam Sandler
    Kate Hudson
    Nick Cage
    Will Smith (his "comedies" at least) and his kids
    Bruce Willis
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    Four pages in and no hatred for Martin Lawrence, what's wrong with you people?

He is somewhat similar to Rob Schneider in that they keep making comedy vehicles for him, so you really need to be a fan of his to watch this stuff as the whole movie revolves around him.

And frankly neither of these people are funny enough to carry a movie anyway.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where to start?

Adam Sandler obviously,
    Will Ferrell
    Ben Stiller
    Vince Vaughan
    Any of the rest of that lot
    Jim Carreyi
    John Cusack (apart from Con-Air)
    Arnie
    Sean Connery
    Michael Douglas
    Andie McDowell

There are all sorts of things that make me avoid films, actors, genres, images on the DVD cover or posters, most of the one line descriptions you get on, On Demand.
    Michael Douglas has made some great movies. Fatal attraction. Falling Down. Basic Instinct. Wall Street.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with this. I avoid vehicles for/films starring:

Sandra Bullock
    Julia Roberts
    Katherine Heigl
    Anne Hathaway
    Sarah Jessica Parker
    and Jennifer Aniston

but if they are just part of the cast (usually with a relatively small role) I don't mind too much. There's a chance they may get a role different to the characters they usually play over and over again. Typecast actors doing something different can be really interesting.

I don't even count Sarah Jessica Parker as an actress...shes more of a prop ;)
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    Michael Douglas has made some great movies. Fatal attraction. Falling Down. Basic Instinct. Wall Street.

It's more the role he plays. I've never found him remotely convincing as the heart throb male, who has women 20 years his junior infatuated by him. Maybe it could just pass in SOSF but not any time since then. The passionate scenes hindered two of those. Wall street was good, never seen Falling Down.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    George Clooney
    Brad Pitt
    Angelina Jolie
    Tom Cruise
    Action stars - Arnie, Stallone etc
    Adam Sandler
    Will Smith
    Renee Zellweger - Kathy Griffin's description is hilarious.

To be honest, anyone too famous in the leading role/s puts me off. It usually ends up being more of an ego trip for them than anything else.
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nic cage- after the mid 90s
    Vin diesel- after pitch black.
    Angelina jolie-best supporting actress my arse.
    Aniston-same shite different film.
    Keira- head on a stick pouty face.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's more the role he plays. I've never found him remotely convincing as the heart throb male, who has women 20 years his junior infatuated by him. Maybe it could just pass in SOSF but not any time since then. The passionate scenes hindered two of those. Wall street was good, never seen Falling Down.
    You must see it. It is a great film.