Options

Songs where the entire lead vocal is not credited

Comments

• Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could one of the most obvious possibly be Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen. The "Wear Sunscreen" speech is narrated by Australian voice actor Lee Perry!
    You could argue that he isn't singing of course.
  • Options
    scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Australian voice actor Lee Perry!

Which reminds me... I don't think legendary Jamaican producer Lee Perry (Scratch) is credited on the Beastie Boys' "Sure Shot". Which is reasonable enough as he only had one line. ;-)
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    The woman on the meatloaf song i'd do anything for love, Not the one in the video but the woman who actually sang the vocals, And she made no money from it either..
    English singer, Lorraine Crosby who was credited as 'Mrs Loud'.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jodie Connor isn't credited on that lame Roll Deep song she sang the chorus too, which I think is unfortunate considering it's the clear hook of the song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justin asked not to be credited on where is the love. Because of the success he had with justified, he didn't want the song's success to be all down to his name being attached to it.

It never actually dawned on me that he's even in that song, but now it's so freaking obvious! :eek: I can't believe that in 11 years, I never realised that he sings the bloody chorus!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The woman on the meatloaf song i'd do anything for love, Not the one in the video but the woman who actually sang the vocals, And she made no money from it either

Interestingly the woman in the video was assumed to have sang it and got a record deal out of it

Didn't that woman crop up on The Voice or The X Factor recently?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Didn't that woman crop up on The Voice or The X Factor recently?

Yeah she was on the voice last year
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    English singer, Lorraine Crosby who was credited as 'Mrs Loud'.

Wasn't she also the same woman who used to sing on the 90s Bodyform TV Ads with the roller skating women: "OH BODYFORM, Bodyform for you"?

There is a long forgotten 1987 version of The Bee Gees song Jive Talkin which became a hit for a group called Boogie Box High. It featured uncredited vocals from George Michael.
  • Options
    Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    "Kissing With Confidence" by Will Powers. Carly Simon uncredited.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Beautiful" by Eminem.

There's a male vocalist at the start of the track, but he's never credited.
  • Options
    afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,162
    Forum Member
    Just the Two of Us by Grover Washington, Jr. Not a mention of Bill Withers anywhere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    The woman on the meatloaf song i'd do anything for love, Not the one in the video but the woman who actually sang the vocals, And she made no money from it either

Interestingly the woman in the video was assumed to have sang it and got a record deal out of it

She's called Lorraine Crosby. From North East England. Has worked with my cousin who is a guitarist/singer.
  • Options
    Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The female in Flo Rida's club can't handle me. Imo, she sounds like alexandra burke.

That would be none other than Nicole Scherzinger.
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wiley - Heatwave, I believe the female singing the chorus isn't credited?

SecondCity - I Wanna Feel - singer isn't credited
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Jodie Connor isn't credited on that lame Roll Deep song she sang the chorus too, which I think is unfortunate considering it's the clear hook of the song.

I thought they always credited the singers on their singles? Jodie Connor for Good Times, Tania Foster for Green Light and Alesha Dixon for Take Control (man, those were tunes!).
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    Wiley - Heatwave, I believe the female singing the chorus isn't credited?

Ms. D was the singer on Heatwave, but I think she was credited? She also sang on Chipmunk - Oopsy Daisy under a different name (Dayo). However, I think she might have sang un-credited on Wiley's later drum & bass single Reload.

SecondCity - I Wanna Feel is one of my favourite #1 hits this year. :)
  • Options
    Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dire Straits- Money For Nothing, Sting is on that song but he's not credited. Bonnie Tyler's- Total Eclipse Of The Heart-don't even know the name of the guy who sings on that
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha so true. Its a bit harsh when you realise why they did what they did, and take into consideration this was Meat Loafs love interest, not Brad Pitt haha
  • Options
    x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the tracks on Avicii's True album the vocalists are uncredited.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Sting features on Tina Turners 'On Silent Wings', but I don't believe he was properly credited on either the album or the singles.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    Haha so true. Its a bit harsh when you realise why they did what they did, and take into consideration this was Meat Loafs love interest, not Brad Pitt haha

Wasn't the woman in the video Pamela Starks, who later joined Ail Campbell on That Look In Your Eye?

From memory, as I no longer have the single, Campbell was credited on the sleeve but he & Starks were credited on the physical vinyl copy!
  • Options
    Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neil_N wrote: »
    "Kissing With Confidence" by Will Powers. Carly Simon uncredited.

Also - You're So Vain by Carly Simon has Mick Jagger on the chorus.

Peter Tosh - (You Gotta Walk) Don't Look Back (minor hit in 1978) has Mick Jagger on vocals.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addicted To You - Audra Mae isn't credited
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The female in Eminem's We made you
    The female in Flo Rida's club can't handle me. Imo, she sounds like alexandra burke.

None of them were credited.

I always thought that was Nicole Scherzinger on the Flo rida track?
  • Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy on Ariana Grande's 'Problem' isn't credited (his name's Big Sean apparently!) and he "sings" the majority of the chorus.
  • Options
    AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »

The singer isn't credited as the vocal is a sample of a line from a 1996 Toni Braxton song.
    George Michael provided the main vocal on 'Jive Talking' by Boogie Box High in 1987 but wasn't credited due to 'contract issues' with Epic who he was signed to at the time although Boogie Box High was Georges cousin, Andros. (No, not Ridgeley).