Options

Two Things Confuse Me about Katie

SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,704
Forum Member
First one, I find it a little bit at odds with her hard-go-getting attitude that she continues to be known as Katie, rather than the more serious sounding Kate.

I'm certainly not saying that anyone should have to change their name to appear more serious or more professional, just that as her personality and approach has been shown, I'd have thought she might go for something a bit less feminine - although all the doe eyed lash flattering and upward glances seemed like business techniques of a completely different kind; so perhaps not then.

Btw - not wishing to sound judgemental or offensive to anyone with the name - simply that girls' names ending with an ie or y sound usually strike me as particularly feminine, or indeed younger (thinking of Deborah Harry's name change a few years back) The train of thought kind of fits in with the white suit/black suit observations too if you see what I mean - a bit of pop psychology from the candidate perhaps?

Secondly - with all her talk of the Mavis and Dereks of this world, I'm wondering if southern Katie secretly craved a life ooop north on the Coronation Street cobbles? ;)
http://www.corrie.net/profiles/characters/wilton_mavis.html

Random thoughts perhaps, but at least it's a change from childcare, bitching and man-eating :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie is full of contradictions:

She is ruthless and willing to walk all over people/she follows her heart

She needed to give her parents the courtesy of asking if they would look after her children for three more weeks while she sorted out a possible move to London/she upset her parents by some of the newspaper articles abut her private life but they have to accept that as she follows her heart

She puts her family above everything/she wants to be a Tory MP

Her husband left her days after she had her second child for a younger woman so she is more sinned against than sinning/she will continue to go for any man she wants, married or not, as she follows her heart
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,005
    Forum Member
    Another aspect of 'Katie' I noticed rather than say 'me' or 'I' she would often use her name instead. As if 'Katie' was another person.
  • Options
    GratingCheeseGratingCheese Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bevheth wrote: »
    Katie is full of contradictions:

She is ruthless and willing to walk all over people/she follows her heart

She needed to give her parents the courtesy of asking if they would look after her children for three more weeks while she sorted out a possible move to London/she upset her parents by some of the newspaper articles abut her private life but they have to accept that as she follows her heart

She puts her family above everything/she wants to be a Tory MP
    Her husband left her days after she had her second child for a younger woman so she is more sinned against than sinning/she will continue to go for any man she wants, married or not, as she follows her heart

The bit in bold says it all really. Her and Teresa May would be a good match and would oh so deserve each other.
  • Options
    Martin KongMartin Kong Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes the Edwina Currie/John Major affair look trivial.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bit in bold says it all really. Her and Teresa May would be a good match and would oh so deserve each other.

She will never be a Conservative MP, for three main reasons:

1) She is highly unpopular amongst the public - hardly a vote winner.
    2) Her attitude and the way that she behaves are not conducive to getting a job in the Conservative party. Romps in fields are not highly rated by party members.
    3) Her approach to things is not in sync with those of David Cameron, and she wouldn't fit in.

Altogether, she is in cloud cuckoo land if she thinks that she even has the remotest chance to become an MP for the Conservative party.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    The thing that really made me laugh about her was her insistance that having a Gold BA card was something to aspire to! To me that shows that she hasn't made it but is a wannabe! Personally, I think Nick got the measure of Katie. She is indeed a showgirl and quite frankly is all mouth and no trousers.
  • Options
    Martin KongMartin Kong Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozza73 wrote: »
    The thing that really made me laugh about her was her insistance that having a Gold BA card was something to aspire to!

Wow, that impressive.:yawn:

What's next a gold 'I'm worth it' card?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,543
    Forum Member
    I know! Lmao!
    Every other minute on The Apprentice we've been hearing about her damn BA Gold card!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we can assume that she doesn't have an Amex Black card then?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised she would even consider getting out of bed in the morning to work for a company that didn't have its own private jet.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,704
    Forum Member
    Well I don't, for one moment, trust anyone who talks about themself in the third person, it smacks of ducking responsibility and divorcing themself from the consequences of their own actions.

There's definitely 'legs' there in the mouth and no trousers comment, but I'll let you make your own jokes.