Options

Announced 4 to go after phone lines opened... does it really matter?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Disappointing, maybe. Depressing? Really? I can just imagine that therapy session.

People really need to come up with more appropriate words on this forum.

Perhaps you have been to too many therapy sessions.:D

People describe the weather as 'depressing' - in the context of its other meaning 'dismal and dreary'. Neither the weather or Josie winning is however going to give anyone suicidal thoughts!
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The people on this forum enjoy being in a state of uproar. They react to producers decisions like they actually mean something and show disgust at the slightest thing they don't agree with. Their beloved Sam is not favoured by this weeks system so they complain. These are the types that constantly call people vile and vacuous and get all riled up over minor things.

You can't get through to them or reason with them. Those of us with rational minds have to let them get on with it and air their petty moans. They look for any slightly contrsversial issue to jump on. It's very sad.

BB have pulled a fast one with this four way eviction thats the be all and end all. I am not voting, my favourite went out a couple of weeks ago but it must be galling for people who have voted in the past to keep a favourite in so that they reach the final only to have BB shaft them at the last hurdle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Perhaps you have been to too many therapy sessions.:D

People describe the weather as 'depressing' - in the context of its other meaning 'dismal and dreary'. Neither the weather or Josie winning is however going to give anyone suicidal thoughts!

Good. You scared me for a minute! :eek:

Never been to a single therapy session. Or a double. Or a quadruple one shown on live television since I would definitely swear. I just thought the word 'depressing' was a tad out of place when describing BB, unless you count the HM's career opportunities upon leaving.

Can I bring my duvet to work?

Umm... no.
    :D
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does matter : they gave the impression it was a single eviction on Friday evening.Many people might have chosen not to vote if they knew it was a quadruple eviction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I'm not bothered by the fact that it's a quadruple eviction and that this wasn't announced on Friday night, because I personally wouldn't be voting anyway. And even if i did it wouldn't affect the way i'd vote.

What people are more annoyed about is the 'vote to evict' as opposed to the 'vote to save', especially with four people being kicked out before the final. This makes a Josie victory a foregone conclusion, because her nearest competition (Sam) won't get the chance to pick up any votes to win.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    I suppose the obvious question is

If Josie had not been given a straight passage to the final would there have been 4 going? She might well have been evicted otherwis - and thus couldn't have won. Also had the housemates known there were 4 going Sam etc might well have considered Josie might well be evicted so might have come to a different view.

All academic now - hopefully Aisleyne will put Josie in her place.:D

PS I hope the BB producers enjoy their last 4 weeks of employment!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    I suppose the obvious question is

If Josie had not been given a straight passage to the final would there have been 4 going? She might well have been evicted otherwis - and thus couldn't have won. Also had the housemates known there were 4 going Sam etc might well have considered Josie might well be evicted so might have come to a different view.

All academic now - hopefully Aisleyne will put Josie in her place.:D

PS I hope the BB producers enjoy their last 4 weeks of employment!

Part of your argument is that the HMs didn't know the score when they chose Josie? Yes, let the HMs in on everything and have a pointless show. Giving someone a pass to the final should've tipped them off that the rest of them were in danger beforehand, they'd be naive to think only a couple of them would go before the final. In which it was expected to include a final five.

They are only allowed a certain number of midweek shows (noise pollution in the neighbourhood etc) one for the final, a few for the UBB (all those HMs in two weeks? obvious) When you think about it, it was the only way they could have done it.

So yes. a four person cull would have happened with or without Josie in the mix. Or Elstree would have feared the wrath of the Borehamwood Neighbourhood Watch for not giving suitable prior notice. Or the community council, they need to give substantial notice in case of objection.