Options

Cher Lloyd - Sirens

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
Forum Member
I really wish Cher all the luck with her new song, im just worried that there has been almost no promo here in the UK.

She has been away for ages and surely her label want to establish Cher again in the UK. Does anyone think this song has a chance of success?

Comments

• Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved her first album. When is this out officially?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Next week i think!
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wish Cher all the luck with her new song, im just worried that there has been almost no promo here in the UK.

She has been away for ages and surely her label want to establish Cher again in the UK. Does anyone think this song has a chance of success?

The fact that she still hasn't released it despite the video coming out what seems like an eternity ago can't help. The video was played many times on music channels but I think the interest may have died down again. Also I'd be surprised if it got airplay on Radio 1 or Capital so you might as well write it off now tbh. Shame as it's a great song.
  • Options
    blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have waited a few months until X Factor it's gonna unfairly flop.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Her best song yet..love it!
  • Options
    MikeJWMikeJW Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's on BBC Breakfast tomorrow, I think, so I guess the promotion is just about to kick off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has there been anymore? No performances!
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    Great song and video from her. Wrong time of the year to release it.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    They should have waited a few months until X Factor it's gonna unfairly flop.

I agree, she should have released it in Autumn, performed on X Factor and released the album the following week or the week after. The release of this is a mess. Has it even been added by any radio station?
  • Options
    ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a huge fan of her earlier material, but this is an absolutely fantastic song. Shame it's pretty much guaranteed to flop thanks to terrible airplay.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    'I wish' was better and more likely to be a success . This whole era will flop for Cher sadly.
    But I guess without airplay she never stood a chance anyway
  • Options
    Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    I hate to say this, but considering its nearly three years she released last, I think she is forgotten now.
  • Options
    kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should do well because it's a great song. They play it alot on the misic channels on tv. But the album just isn't that good, there's maybe 3 good tracks on it?
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not really a fan of her, but this is a great song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a shame this has flopped. Cannot believe it has missed the top 40. Easily her best single to date. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dory353 wrote: »
    Such a shame this has flopped. Cannot believe it has missed the top 40. Easily her best single to date. :(

I thought it would at least get 30 .

But I can't agree its her best single. 'With ur love' and 'want you back' were far better, and they both sold far better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dory353 wrote: »

The thing is I don't even think Sirens is the strongest song on the album and there are 2 or 3 that would do well with airplay/promotion. They took way too long to release Sirens imo. The video came out ages ago and it was being played quite heavily on music channels around a month ago. It should've been released then. I'm hoping for an X Factor live slot for one of the future singles but that is still months away. Human needs to be released but I'd go for Dirty Love or Bind Your Love next. It's such a strong album and she deserves a hit single.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    I thought it would at least get 30 .

But I can't agree its her best single. 'With ur love' and 'want you back' were far better, and they both sold far better.

By that logic Swagger Jagger was her best. I'm sure you'd agree that that is definitely not the case :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    By that logic Swagger Jagger was her best. I'm sure you'd agree that that is definitely not the case :D.

i was including america :p

anyway her album is number 5 on itunes at the moment ! :o
    i wonder how long it will hold out?

its beating neon jungle who have 2 top 10 singles from that album.
  • Options
    CalpowellCalpowell Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    It will probably drop like a brick soon as she is doing 0 promo this week, she isn't even doing CD signings, and I think she's off to america on Wednesday for a concert on the 2nd
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i got chers latest album this week as a gift.
    im really enjoying it. which is odd as i wasnt keen when i heard the previews online.

maybe its the loud speakers.

it deserved a higher placing and promotion