The Digital Spy Apprentice Series 4: Task Announcement Thread

Comments

• _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope the final task is going well for both candidates!

Just a reminder that all work must be completed and posted by 6pm tomorrow, I'll open threads for both at you and 5pm and you'll have till 6 to post. If viewers have any questions they have until the final boardroom begins, at 8:30pm, to ask them!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both pitches have now been posted in Roxie and Shadi's respective threads.

Apologies for this but something's come up tonight which means I may have to postpone the start of the boardroom till around 9/9:15 - hopefully this is not a problem for either of you, it shouldn't be as the boardroom would have gone on way past that time even with the earlier start, and I'll try and make sure it doesn't go on for too long!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies for the delay! The final boardroom will be posted in the next few minutes - tune in to see who the next apprentice is!
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Shadi to win please! :D:D:D
  • NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxie to win! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go Roxie :D
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe Shadi has got this, thanks to Team Inspired. :D
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Roxie for me :)
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not just because they were the only person who bothered doing market research, or because throughout the series they have asked me about ideas and taken my suggestions and incorporated them, but I really think that Roxie should win. Her idea is realistic, very current, and original enough to work, and I think she has gone above and beyond herself this time.
    Forum Member
    Shadi made a really interesting point there about the fact that Roxie's company is creating products itself... that had not occurred to me, but I think it's a good point. Will they have the money for that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadi made a really interesting point there about the fact that Roxie's company is creating products itself... that had not occurred to me, but I think it's a good point. Will they have the money for that?

Since both Body shop and Lush started out the very same way I would think so :cool:
    Forum Member
    Since both Body shop and Lush started out the very same way I would think so :cool:

I don't know about them, it just seems quite extravagant. I've never done it, but Shadi seems to know what he's talking about.
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really can't call this! :D:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about them, it just seems quite extravagant. I've never done it, but Shadi seems to know what he's talking about.

Since as far as I can remember both Body Shop and Lush started selling their own brand rather than using other and developing their own later I think the point is moot. :)
    Forum Member
    This is the strongest final two in the history of DSA, in my opinion.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Huge congrats to Roxie! :) The correct decision IMO. Shadi, you've been brilliant but Roxie has just been on top form throughout!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Said on there and I'll say it again, massive congratulations Roxie. I'm very happy for you, wear the title proudly. x3
    Forum Member
    Disappointed not to see Shadi win, as to be honest I was kind of wanting him to get it from the early weeks :( But I'm happy for Roxie to get it, as she is equally lovely.

Thanks for all the fun, guys! Keep in touch :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I have already said massive congratulations Roxie, you deserved to win.
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ROXILICIOUS!!!!!!! WOO! You've done it! SO proud of you! I know from speaking to you every week that you wanted to seriously win this and you worked your bloody arse off! Massive congrats! You best be looking forward to LAS'ing next year :D

Shadi, your store was so nostalgic and original. it was a brilliant pitch and you have also been brilliant throughout!

Niall, you've done amazingly well as LAS - strong, fair and considerate of your candidates availability! Excellent series guys. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huge congratulations to Roxie who has been the strongest throughout the Series. :D
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats Roxie :) Thoroughly deserved.

Commiserations Shadi, if I'm honest, I think the turning point was the art task, where Roxie got the plaudits for her pitch but you as the winning PM kind of went under the radar a bit.

So a year to go until the next series, who's thinking of applying? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not me, my appearance was going to be just a one-time thing, but I will be watching all of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huge congratulations to Roxie, you've been a fantastic player and I hope you bring this game back next year, I think you'd make a fantastic LAS! Well done to Shadi for getting 2nd as well, you've also been a brilliant candidate :D

I'd like to say a big thank you to my brilliant advisors Louise and David, and also anyone else who's helped with any of the tasks - Tyjet, Katie, Alex, Aliyah, Jakk.

Also a big thank you to all the viewers who have commented in this thread, asked questions, voted or generally taken an interest - particularly to Amy who has shown a zealous interest in this series and often have great contributions to the thread :D

Also a massive thank you to all the contestants who took part - we really would not have a show without you and the amount of dedication and hard work shown by the contestants has really made the whole thing worth it.

It's been hard at points and seemed like it took forever to get the whole thing started, but I've had a brilliant time being Lord Sugar and I hope you've all enjoyed this series as well! Here's to DSA5 :D
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Not me, my appearance was going to be just a one-time thing, but I will be watching all of it.

You never know! Mine was as well last year, but I ended up doing it a second time. I won't be doing it again though - twice is enough, with Virtual Apprentice as well!