• Options
    PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    Whey finalist :-) this makes me happy - think i actually have a good song
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Aw yay I made it through ha! :D

And commiserations to Germany, England and China who I thought were all fantastic! Especially Germany who I thought was a definite shoe-in for the finals!

Re this indie debate, I don't think it should ever be about whether a song is mainstream/indie but rather whether you like it or not and I think most people follow that. Everyone has different tastes at the end of the day. Also Radio 1 plays mainstream, chart topping songs.
  • Options
    bee.fearbee.fear Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    So one of 3 songs in the final, happy with that! Disappointed that Pegasus couldn't make it through to the final for Switzerland for me but I thought the song might not quite grab everyone the way it did me.
  • Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bee.fear wrote: »
    So one of 3 songs in the final, happy with that! Disappointed that Pegasus couldn't make it through to the final for Switzerland for me but I thought the song might not quite grab everyone the way it did me.

Well as you know I like Pegasus. However, it didn't quite make my top ten :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have put all the videos in my software for the final, yet to do all the numbering though completely. I have done the numbering but I just need to get up in the morning when I am fresher of mind and make sure everything is correct before uploading !
  • Options
    MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    My take on the whole musical style debate is that because we're a mish-mash of people with different tastes - some of us like Euro club music, some of us like metal, some of us are all shade in between - the result will always be the most popular 'average' of those styles. So, in a sense, it's always 'beige' songs that do well. However much I loved Alcest for Monaco in DSFE 50, post-black metal was never going to be everyone's cup of tea, so it didn't make it past the QFs.

Overall this contest has broadened my tastes, I see it as a bit of fun and a chance to discover music I would never have discovered on my own. The winner is never the most important thing for me in playing this game.
  • Options
    spinbrandispinspinbrandispin Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    My take on the whole musical style debate is that because we're a mish-mash of people with different tastes - some of us like Euro club music, some of us like metal, some of us are all shade in between - the result will always be the most popular 'average' of those styles. So, in a sense, it's always 'beige' songs that do well. However much I loved Alcest for Monaco in DSFE 50, post-black metal was never going to be everyone's cup of tea, so it didn't make it past the QFs.

Overall this contest has broadened my tastes, I see it as a bit of fun and a chance to discover music I would never have discovered on my own. The winner is never the most important thing for me in playing this game.

I so agree! :)
  • Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would just like to apologise for my little outburst last night, got a bit over-emotional with it all and just needed to vent my spleen, hope you can find it all in your hearts to forgive me (*puppy dog eyes*) :D

I do agree that there is more variety in the contest nowadays, that can't be argued, but I always feel it's the same type of song that gets into the final (normally by the same people) and for me that makes the finals very samey and sometimes with very obvious winners.

I know that's what the majority are liking nowadays and believe me this is much more preferable to that horrible period of time annoying quirky girls winning constantly, so guess I just need to wait for this phase to be over because it will at some point.

I've never exactly been in line with popular opinion so it's not even that, just felt very confident in my song was sad to see it go, but c'est la vie, I'm afraid to say you've not managed to get rid of me as I have to do my best for the pop cause in the final (and who else is going to sort out the CofC page on the wikia if I flounce off :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hence the rap song for Greenland:D Sorry Cuishla;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TerryP wrote: »
    I would just like to apologise for my little outburst last night, got a bit over-emotional with it all and just needed to vent my spleen, hope you can find it all in your hearts to forgive me (*puppy dog eyes*) :D

I do agree that there is more variety in the contest nowadays, that can't be argued, but I always feel it's the same type of song that gets into the final (normally by the same people) and for me that makes the finals very samey and sometimes with very obvious winners.

I know that's what the majority are liking nowadays and believe me this is much more preferable to that horrible period of time annoying quirky girls winning constantly, so guess I just need to wait for this phase to be over because it will at some point.

I've never exactly been in line with popular opinion so it's not even that, just felt very confident in my song was sad to see it go, but c'est la vie, I'm afraid to say you've not managed to get rid of me as I have to do my best for the pop cause in the final (and who else is going to sort out the CofC page on the wikia if I flounce off :D)

no worries. and thanks for CofC:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aww puppy dog eyes :) Actually, I have the image of the cat from Shrek lol :D
  • Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aww puppy dog eyes :) Actually, I have the image of the cat from Shrek lol :D

lol, yeah that as well :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can anyone resist! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trying to imagine this:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trying to imagine this:D

lol don't tell me - you can't get past the thigh high leather boots! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just an idea.... haven't really thought it through...
    Terry, maybe you can do categories for Cofc, eg rock, indie, pop etc
    and everybody gets to choose which category they think their song should be in
    so we get a winner in each category
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have to go now. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Just letting people know will open the final tonight, we're just trying to resolve a couple of unforeseen issues with the recap, results will be on Tuesday. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Welcome once more to Kazakhstan, home of American rock band Steppenwolf, no wait sorry, home of the Steppe wolf, for the final of DS Fantasy Eurovision. Who will be crowned as our 57th winner?

Here are your performing countries:

1 UKRAINE Vera Brezhneva - Dobroye Utro
    2 SLOVAKIA Peter Aristone - Sunlight
    3 SCOTLAND Charli XCX - SuperLove
    4 ITALY Chiara - Un Giorno Di Sole
    5 SWEDEN Icona Pop - Get Lost
    6 IRELAND Little Green Cars - My Love Took Me Down To The River To Silence Me
    7 CROATIA Guano Apes - Close To The Sun
    8 LIECHTENSTEIN We Are Twin - The Way We Touch
    9 BULGARIA Zhana Bergendorff - Samuray
    10 JERSEY Coasts - Wallow
    11 BELGIUM Maya's Moving Castle - When You Wish Upon the Stars
    12 DENMARK Volbeat ft Sarah Blackwood - Lonesome Rider
    13 GOTLAND Tove Lo - Out Of Mind
    14 BELARUS Alexander Rybak - Into A Fantasy
    15 NETHERLANDS Delain - Stardust
    16 ICELAND Arstidir - Shades
    17 ANDORRA Pastora Soler - Vive
    18 AZERBAIJAN Laleh - Goliat
    19 ALBANIA Bebe Rexha - I Can't Stop Drinking About You
    20 SVALBARD Hanne Sorvaag - Rain Checks
    21 GIBRALTAR Laura Welsh - Break The Fall
    22 HUNGARY ZZ Ward - Last Love Song
    23 FINLAND Softengine - Yellow House
    24 SAN MARINO Deborah Iurato - Anche Se Fuori E Inverno
    25 NORWAY Team Me - Blind As Night
    26 PORTUGAL Melanie Fiona - Gone And Never Coming Back

PLAYLIST

The recap has had to be split into two because Dropbox only allows non-subscribers to view videos up to 15 minutes.

RECAP PART 1
    RECAP PART 2

Voting will close on Tuesday September 23 at 7pm.

Please PM me your votes in traditional Eurovision style, 12, 10, 8-1. You may not vote for your own country. Regardless of whether you have an individual or shared country, all votes are individual. Do not discuss how you will vote with anyone, including your team-mate.

Unlike in the quarter finals and semi finals, in the final I will not pool votes together for team-mates. Your votes will all be counted individually, as in previous finals.

Any country that does not provide me with votes will be automatically disqualified.

If you are not in the final but are in this contest, you may also vote.

Туған күніңмен! :-)
  • Options
    yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,202
    Forum Member
    You're no Christer Björkman are you? The start is loaded, I like or love the first 8 songs :o:p:D
  • Options
    Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yoshi94 wrote: »
    You're no Christer Björkman are you? The start is loaded, I like or love the first 8 songs :o:p:D

wouldnt say your bizarre taste has anything to do with that :p
  • Options
    Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    Got a question: Will your votes in the final be solo or together because I have a song with my partner and my own song so will they be counted as my sole votes or will they be put together with my partner if they vote?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    Got a question: Will your votes in the final be solo or together because I have a song with my partner and my own song so will they be counted as my sole votes or will they be put together with my partner if they vote?

In the final everyone's votes will be counted individually, the same as previous finals. I won't be pooling them together with your team-mate in this round. :)
  • Options
    kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Ukraine - I've loved this since I first heard it. It'd make such a good Eurovision entry. Great pick!

Slovakia - Very good find for Slovakia. I like it a lot.

Scotland - I find this type of music just soulless. It's not my thing at all.

Italy - There's more than a touch of Dear Darlin' by Olly Murs in that chorus. Italian songs are like Marmite with me but there's more I like about this one than I hate.

Sweden - I always preferred All Night to I Love It....and this isn't a patch on either of those.

Ireland For a genre I'm not sold on, this is a good effort. Maybe drags on for 45 secs too long which could hurt its chances.

Croatia - I didn't see this getting as far as the final. Solid song with a pretty decent chorus.

Liechtenstein - I've voted for this in both rounds so far but I think it's run out of steam on a third listen, sorry!

Bulgaria - Every now and again this type of country proves it's capable of producing good music and this is one of those times! The thought of Bulgaria winning twice in a year is ridiculous but I'd hope there's a chance with this entry! Love it!

Jersey - Thumbs down to this

Belgium - Listening to this now, it's the most I've enjoyed it yet.

Denmark - As someone who's had Denmark twice this year, I considered sending this. Seeing it get to the final after my disasters with them sticks in the throat :kitty: It's fun though, like it.

Gotland - Nothing but indifference to this.

Belarus - Rybak and his fiddle have done much better but this final has done much worse.

Netherlands - This doesn't have a strong enough hook to catch my attention at any point. It just ends up sounding like a lot of noise to me.

Iceland - With all the strings and drums this promises a lot but delivers nothing.

Andorra - This is light relief after the last few entries. Songs like this are a dying breed but Pastora always delivers! Like it a lot.

Azerbaijan - Hands up if you haven't sent Laleh for Azerbaijan by this point :D I couldn't stand her at first but her last few songs have been good, this is no different.

Albania - Genuinely think there's a case for Albania becoming one of the Pot 1 countries! Can't remember the last time I didn't like one of their entries.

Svalbard - Heard this a while ago, loved it ever since! Sounds like it's dropped right out of a MelFest semi final :p

Gibraltar - I've heard this about twenty seven times already in this game.

Hungary - A nice song, chorus is sweet.

Finland - I'm gonna go the opposite way from most and say I prefer their Eurovision song.

San Marino - Italy 1-0 San Marino as far as this contest goes.

Norway - Meh. Another one that's been done/heard before. They all merged into one a long time ago. Even the videos are the same. There's always a lake or a forest :D

Portugal - I wanted to like this but it's one of those songs that stays on one level throughout. It's crying out for 'a moment'. That said it's a good song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quarter final placings for the countries that went out in the semi finals:

England 4th
    Malta 5th
    Germany 6th
    Turkey 7th
    Czech Republic 7th
    Crimea 8th
    Georgia 8th
    Israel 9th