Options

How good was Paije in week 3?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Let's have a Paije thread. Frankly, he deserves one for his 'Ain't Nobody'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SuSrRt4IrQ

How good would you say Paije was? I thought he was tremendous.

I am beginning to think that Paije might be better than Cher and I might switch from Cher to Paije. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better - but was it really a good idea to sing the song in slow motion? Bizarre.

He's better than Cher. for sure :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Loved the soulful arrangement. It suited him down to the ground and was his best performance by far. So glad that he survived the first to sing curse!
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was fantastic. I think it may just be me but I adored the slowed down version. Much more soulful - an upbeat one may have drawn stupid "diva" or kareoke comparisons with Chaka.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He is ok, however he isn't particularly interesting to the public.

He will go on that basis possibly as soon as this weekend
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought he was excellent, much better than i expected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    He is ok, however he isn't particularly interesting to the public.

He will go on that basis possibly as soon as this weekend

People have said he's going every week since the start. He survived singing first, I think the prospects are good for Paije. I hope that at least Katie, Belle Amie and Wagner are out before Paije at the very least.

For me, he'd preferably be in it right to the end.
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    I hated the arrangement of the song - a really lovely, happy, fun number made to sound maudlin.

My opinion only folks but can't stand that style of music.

Also - don't take a lot to make a song "soulful" if you've got that kind of voice - just sing it slower and make it sound crap.

Oh I am not in a good mood!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have much preferred him to sing it at the normal speed. I think he could have done it justice.
    Also, he did get a bit of other media attention slightly, I read this morning. Apparantly Jordan wrote on her twitter thing that his looks reminded her of her son Harvey, and then she got upset because someone made some really nasty remarks about him. I wondered if it might help him being more known, due to Jordan's fame (or infamy, lol).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Yeah I think we should start taking notice of Paije, every week on here he is one of the favs to go or at least be in the bottom and yet here he is surviving the death slot on week 3 and not even in the bottom two.

I'd love to know how the voting went Saturday
  • Options
    marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    He was great, but i would have liked it to go more up tempo too at some point! But he was still absolutely fantastic though (and without a doubt performance of the night)! :D

Just really really think Danni needs to kill it week after week with Paiges song choices (she did good this week in fairness) as he SO MUCH potential - its just he hasnt had all the publicity that most of the others had, so hope he doesnt suffer from that a la John and Trey C as he is So So good!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was lovely. Wonder what he'll do next.

Simon was right about the jacket but I liked the first couple of jackets enough. Go on Paije!
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was excellent. When he gets the right songs he really shines. So please Dannii get him to sing some Ce-Lo green/Gnals Barkley at some point.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Paije were to win, he would be different enough I think, to previous winners, to enable them to do something good with him. He does have a fantastic voice, and so far for me, he hasn't put a foot wrong.
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,219
    Forum Member
    I would love to see him do some Seal - but please Dannii make sure he gets Thriller this weekend
  • Options
    marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    footygirl wrote: »
    I would love to see him do some Seal - but please Dannii make sure he gets Thriller this weekend

Oh Seal is a really good choice! I would like to see him do Seal version of Crazy/mash of Papa was a Rolling Stone - how cool would that be??!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh Seal is a really good choice! I would like to see him do Seal version of Crazy/mash of Papa was a Rolling Stone - how cool would that be??!! :D

Crazy would be brilliant - and what abpout Kiss from a rose when it is movies week - comes from Batman Forever IIRC
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I didn't think much of the performance I was playing the video in the background while doing my coursework. His voice is so so pleasant, I'd love to buy his album.
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Paije is an average singer who hasn't had a decent song choice yet but his performance on Saturday was his best performance to date. His big downfall is going to be his looks - if he looked like Zain out of One Direction, then I think he'd win the whole competition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    If he doesnt speed the tempo up a bit hell be in the bottom 2 very soon .Way too slow .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menk wrote: »
    I think Paije is an average singer who hasn't had a decent song choice yet but his performance on Saturday was his best performance to date. His big downfall is going to be his looks - if he looked like Zain out of One Direction, then I think he'd win the whole competition.

It makes me sad that looks have come to be so bloody important :(

Paije is a lovely looking lad, nice personality, amazing voice... yet people can't see past the obvious. So annoying, and so shallow.
  • Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it and he broke the curse so good on him :).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menk wrote: »

Doesn't seem to be causing a problem with Mary, Wagner or Cher :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »

Paije is a lovely looking lad, nice personality, amazing voice... yet people can't see past the obvious. So annoying, and so shallow.

Here here! very sad indeed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it just wishful thinking on my part or do you think his popularity is growing
  • Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »

Thats the way it is now I am afraid... Twitter tweenies love One Direction based on their looks... One even went on to say that looks counts for everything and that she will be voting every week for them and hopes Matt, Paije and Rebbeca all get eliminated soon.. She was obviously deluded.