Options

Revenge US series 2 (possible spoilers in this thread)

Comments

• Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I didn't know Barry Sloane from Hollyoaks, I can't take his accent seriously at all. lol
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Is his accent supposed to be Australian?
  • Options
    lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Declan'/ burglary storyline is the beginning of the end for him. I certainly hope so! There's something not right about the owner of the property he stole from, looks like he could be trouble, especially the way he was eyeing up the bar on his way out.

Sounded like Kara's voice on the phone to Conrad, do you think she is part of the Initiative too?

Episode highlighted how thick Daniel is, IMO. Charlotte is coming into her own now, I like that she is taking a more central and trusted role.

Aidan and Emily are well matched, at least pairing them together is believable.

Glad Amanda and Jack are finally over now. Amanda might get Revengy with Emily for making her go to the press conference, although their split was on the cards for a while.

I don't see the point of the flight recorder from Victorias flight, why would Emily trade the WHMs stuff for it when it is useless?

Not as good as previous episodes but still ok. Interesting that faux Amanda is now integrated in with the Graysons, especially now jack has binned her off...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Is his accent supposed to be Australian?

:D I don't think so. He's just putting on a very posh accent (presumably so American audiences can understand him). It's just jarring after being used to his northern accent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just started on Episode 1, and I'm treated to Jack and Nolan topless in the first 10 mins (not together lol) Lookin' good so far.....
  • Options
    Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so relieved Nolan isn't dead. He's my favourite character!
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It took me a long time to get into revenge as must see week in week out.

But after six months I've caught up to present time,

WOW! I love revenge, can't wait for season two to unfold!
  • Options
    CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »
    Maybe Declan'/ burglary storyline is the beginning of the end for him. I certainly hope so! There's something not right about the owner of the property he stole from, looks like he could be trouble, especially the way he was eyeing up the bar on his way out.

Sounded like Kara's voice on the phone to Conrad, do you think she is part of the Initiative too?

Episode highlighted how thick Daniel is, IMO. Charlotte is coming into her own now, I like that she is taking a more central and trusted role.

Aidan and Emily are well matched, at least pairing them together is believable.

Glad Amanda and Jack are finally over now. Amanda might get Revengy with Emily for making her go to the press conference, although their split was on the cards for a while.

I don't see the point of the flight recorder from Victorias flight, why would Emily trade the WHMs stuff for it when it is useless?

Not as good as previous episodes but still ok. Interesting that faux Amanda is now integrated in with the Graysons, especially now jack has binned her off...

The alignment of fake Amanda with the Graysons is an intersting twist. She looked like a lamb being brought in for slaughter when Victoria brought her up onto stage with the rest of the family. Amanda might be tough but she isn't smart enough to battle Victoria so I don't think this will end well for her.

I'm wondering if this new Declan plot is part of some convoluted plan to get the bar off the Porters? I'm assuming Trey is working with the guy whose house they broke into. Either way, I'm sure I'll be bored to tears of whatever story unfolds as I am with most things involving Jack and Declan. I know they will keep Jack on the show as they are going for this whole unrequited love thing with him and Emily but they could at least get rid of Declan. Charlotte is really coming into her own so you don't need him anymore to play his par in the obligatory teen romance plot that we had in the first season.

I'm loving the treachery of Conrad and Victoria but I wonder how long it will be before it becomes too OTT. The press conference scene and Conrad revealing that they were going to remarry were great but they did veer slightly into Dynasty territory. At least there was some light shed on how Victoria came to get off the plane this week.

I want Aiden to stay. I love Barry Sloane as it is but I think he has a really good chemistry with Emily. Also, he appears to have a good backstory which I'd rather see explored than sit through more Porter dross.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Easily the best episode this season. The show definitely had one kick in the direction with this one.

My sympathies for Amanda continue to increase. Victoria, Emily and Jack all screwed her in this episode and now she's in a coma.

I don't want Amanda to die, I've really gotten used to having her around.

The reveal of Kara trying to kill Amanda as a child was a shocker though. Emily's reaction towards seeing Kara/Amanda at the end was fantastic. It totally floored her.

Aiden for a tough guy was taken out pretty sharpish by Kara as well. I still like him as a character.

I actually think I like Padma and I'm starting to warm to her and Nolan too.

Nice that we got something on Nolan's past as well with his father, though Padma seemed interested in that signed cheque by David though.

Ashley seemed to have grown a backbone and personality in this episode. Probably won't last but I like Daniel not trusting her though.

Bored with Jack's financial problems and not sure if I care about whatever scam Trey/Kenny are trying to pull either.

Nice scene with Declan and Charlotte though. 9/10.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Just watched episode 3, did Victoria inviting Amanda on stage catch even Emily off guard, it seemed like she was expecting to be invited onto the stage herself. Agree wasn't the best episode, but the press conference and the scenes immediately before and after it where everything I want from Revenge, fun, soapy and hovering over the edge of "too over the top".

I never disliked like Jack as much as others, because I like him and Emily together, but him and Declan are even more useless than last season, even Charlotte has stepped up so why can't the writers do the same to them as well. I'm looking forward to Daniel trying to play his mother's game, and I can see it backfire massively unless Emily helps him.

Still loathe Conrad and not in the fun soap villain way, I can see why he's necessary to make sure that we still have a little sympathy for Victoria, but I would love Victoria without the excuse of a horrid husband.
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    I have only just got round to watching the past three episodes because my wife kept falling asleep, so we had a Revenge marathon and it was awesome!

I am loving where this new season is going.
    I like Aidan, he's a good addition. I am not to keen on Emily's mum (I expected her to be more like Emms, classy, intelligent etc) but she's a let down for me. I think they should of got someone famous to play her.

I like how Daniel now see's Ashley for the conniving little cow that she is.
    Victoria is great, I am so glad we didn't lose her in the crash.
    I'm gutted about Amanda and the baby and I hope both survive:(

The double crossing and the depth to the story just keeps getting better and better.

Love it!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what's happening, but my love for Revenge is dwindling.

And I can't quite put my finger on it. In some ways it's awesome, in others I'm cringing.

During this episode, Victoria had obviously just had a fresh batch of botox injected into her face. It was frozen rigid more than usual. lol

But, this story, whilst a good turn of events was just silly. The scene of Amanda falling could have been done better. I thought the execution was terrible, they should have had her fall down the stairs rather than do a silly flip flop over the banister. Looked a little too choreographed.

And I'm getting more confused about who's involved with what, but nice to see we're learning more about Americon now.

Nolan and Padma, it managed to grab my attention with the scene in the warehouse but I'm still finding it painful to get through their scenes. They are the Declan and Charlotte of season 2.

Hopefully this guy taking over the bar somehow makes Jack interesting or relevant. I like him, but the writer's really don't know what to do with him outside of being one of Emily's end goals. Shame.
  • Options
    WolfGirl2WolfGirl2 Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I don't know what's happening, but my love for Revenge is dwindling.

And I can't quite put my finger on it. In some ways it's awesome, in others I'm cringing.

During this episode, Victoria had obviously just had a fresh batch of botox injected into her face. It was frozen rigid more than usual. lol

But, this story, whilst a good turn of events was just silly. The scene of Amanda falling could have been done better. I thought the execution was terrible, they should have had her fall down the stairs rather than do a silly flip flop over the banister. Looked a little too choreographed.

And I'm getting more confused about who's involved with what, but nice to see we're learning more about Americon now.

Nolan and Padma, it managed to grab my attention with the scene in the warehouse but I'm still finding it painful to get through their scenes. They are the Declan and Charlotte of season 2.

Hopefully this guy taking over the bar somehow makes Jack interesting or relevant. I like him, but the writer's really don't know what to do with him outside of being one of Emily's end goals. Shame.

According to Mike Kelly the creator/producer the whole season is gearing towards a dramatic story for Jack and Emily plays a big part in it. Maybe it's something to do with his boat being blown up? Although I'm sure MK said it was something to do with a love triangle :rolleyes: Unless it's all tied into the same thing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WolfGirl2 wrote: »
    According to Mike Kelly the creator/producer the whole season is gearing towards a dramatic story for Jack and Emily plays a big part in it. Maybe it's something to do with his boat being blown up? Although I'm sure MK said it was something to do with a love triangle :rolleyes: Unless it's all tied into the same thing!

That sounds good. Like I said, I like Jack and Declan, but the writer's need to make them more relevant to the central plot.

They seem to have pulled Nolan away from it too and have given him his own subplot, which is quite bland. Although could get better.

As for a love triangle, lol, I think it's an Octagon by now. Emily, Jack, Amanda, Daniel, Ashley, Aiden. :D

Let's hope something good comes from it.
  • Options
    WolfGirl2WolfGirl2 Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Yeah that love triangle is getting a bit stretched!:D Regarding the Jack storyline maybe Amanda does something cos she thinks the baby isn't his or maybe Emily's crazy mum does something. Or maybe Aiden or Takeda feel that Emily's feelings for Jack are interfering so they want rid of him. By the way this may seem like a stupid question but does Fauxmanda realise Jack's in love with Emily and Emily's in love with Jack or is she really thick!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Nolan love story will result in him not helping Emily out so much, or is Padma going to be part of Nolcorp's downfall? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WolfGirl2 wrote: »
    Yeah that love triangle is getting a bit stretched!:D Regarding the Jack storyline maybe Amanda does something cos she thinks the baby isn't his or maybe Emily's crazy mum does something. Or maybe Aiden or Takeda feel that Emily's feelings for Jack are interfering so they want rid of him. By the way this may seem like a stupid question but does Fauxmanda realise Jack's in love with Emily and Emily's in love with Jack or is she really thick!

I've never actually thought about that. That is slightly silly.

I think part of her knows Emily is in love with Jack, she'd have heard Emily's stories about him and she's asked her is she's jealous or something a couple of times.
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today I watched all so far of the second season. I'm loving it but finding the flash back and forward a bit confusing. They seemed to be having a one year anniversary of Victoria's "death" then Victoria pushed fauxAmanda off the balcony when Amanda was very pregnant. I thought Amanda was very pregnant at the end of the first season when the plane went down so she would have had to have been pregnant for well over a year.

All very confusing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    Today I watched all so far of the second season. I'm loving it but finding the flash back and forward a bit confusing. They seemed to be having a one year anniversary of Victoria's "death" then Victoria pushed fauxAmanda off the balcony when Amanda was very pregnant. I thought Amanda was very pregnant at the end of the first season when the plane went down so she would have had to have been pregnant for well over a year.

All very confusing!

:confused: What do you mean back and forward?

It wasn't a one year anniversary.
    It was a memorial service which they held on Memorial Day.
    Season 2 is set around 2-3 months after the end of season 1.

Although I am struggling to keep up with it myself, the plot twists and turns in different directions about 3 times per episode. lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chloe_26 wrote: »
    I wonder if the Nolan love story will result in him not helping Emily out so much, or is Padma going to be part of Nolcorp's downfall? :confused:

Could be both actually.
    We're also supposed to be meeting Nolan's ex-boyfriend as well.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have only just got round to watching the past three episodes because my wife kept falling asleep, so we had a Revenge marathon and it was awesome!

I am loving where this new season is going.
    I like Aidan, he's a good addition. I am not to keen on Emily's mum (I expected her to be more like Emms, classy, intelligent etc) but she's a let down for me. I think they should of got someone famous to play her.

I like how Daniel now see's Ashley for the conniving little cow that she is.
    Victoria is great, I am so glad we didn't lose her in the crash.
    I'm gutted about Amanda and the baby and I hope both survive:(

The double crossing and the depth to the story just keeps getting better and better.

Love it!!!

Jennifer Jason Leigh isn't some unknown actress! I think hiring her to play Emily's psychotic mother is quite the coup for the production team as she is acclaimed for playing offbeat, uncomfortable, tortured and often psychotic characters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bottleofbeast, I don't know where you got the impression Emily's mother would be classy or intelligent. Mike Kelley and the show itself made it clear she would be a broken, mentally disturbed woman.

As Smokeychan said JJL is not an unknown and is at her best playing these types of characters.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member
    :eek: :eek: :eek: The best part of episode 4! Big Spoilers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO2hRQ3OVs8
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: :eek: The best part of episode 4! Big Spoilers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO2hRQ3OVs8

You're OK, this is the US pace thread so we have watched Ep4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a terrible scene. Could have been very good but the execution was bad and Stowe's acting was awful. lol