Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A feminist perspective from Louise Pennington
    Jimmy Savile Did Not 'Groom the Nation'

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/louise-pennington/jimmy-savile-did-not-groom-nation_b_2467813.html

And a cracking good read it is too!
  • cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see anything in the Daily Star about that. Do you have a link to the story?

Type operation Yewtree in google, and click news section and it's the first section at the top
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A feminist perspective from Louise Pennington
    Jimmy Savile Did Not 'Groom the Nation'

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/louise-pennington/jimmy-savile-did-not-groom-nation_b_2467813.html

And a cracking good read it is too!
    Jimmy Savile didn't just abuse children in the 1960s and 1970s. That may be when most of the current reported cases occurred but to blame it on "different social attitudes and the workings of the criminal justice system" is to help deflect and minimise blame. Attitudes have not changed considerably, as the Giving Victims a Voice report claims. One only has to look at the child sex grooming cases in Rotherham or the case of Steven Pollock who was convicted of sex with a minor after raping an unconscious 13-year-old but who received no prison term or the case of footballer Ched Evans who was convicted of rape but whose supporters have driven his victim out of this country having labelled her a 'lying, gold-digging, ****.'

Scary stuff! why did he not receive a prison term?! ETA - I read the accompanying article (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/having-sex-with-a-13-year-old-can-never-1492241#.UNBApNOU3Dk.twitter) how a 13 year old can be seen as consenting, whether or not alcohol was involved, I have no idea...disturbing.
    This is rape culture. It has not gotten better. We still live in a culture that assumes most women and children lie about rape.

:(
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7 possible arrest by Operation Yewtree, Daily Star reports

Who could they be?
    " one of the world's biggest music stars"
    " serving national politician"
    " 3 entertainers"
    " 2 members of the same 60s band"

Arrests could take an couple of weeks as some need to return from abroad, any ideas?

Well if it is actually true then the Daily Star has given them a heads up not to return ( if they are actually guilty of anything )
  • Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    That gave me nightmares when I read it as a child.

Me too!
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Scary stuff! why did he not receive a prison term?

Because we still live in a culture that assumes most women and children lie about rape & that a "proper" rape is some stranger dragging you off the street and also injuring you.
    So, in the view of Lord Turnbull, when considering the sentencing of Steven Pollock: “It is important to understand that the offence arises out of consensual conduct rather than any form of force, grooming or manipulation.”

Would you trust your 13 year old to stay at this person's house?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because we still live in a culture that assumes most women and children lie about rape & that a "proper" rape is some stranger dragging you off the street and also injuring you.

Would you trust your 13 year old to stay at this person's house?

What happens to people who lie about rape? if its possible to prove that, what punishment is there for them? something should be done to seriously deter people from doing that, if it happens much...its awful to think people aren't believed, that they just want to exact some kind of revenge on the defendent by taking them to court. It must be a small percentage that lie about something like that, surely? in a case like this, she was 13 and he was much older, so it was illegal, legally she couldn't have consented and if he knew she'd been drinking then that proves she was in a diminished capacity (I think thats what they call it? ie she was more vulnerable) but he did it anyway - disgusting. Why be leniant on him? grr.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I find this a bit chilling:-
    “If one of the letters concerned him then he could have it forensically examined as a ‘favour’ if he needed.”

so he would try to identify who was threatening to expose him? did he send people round to 'take care' of any such people? its not as if he seemed to have many morals after all...probably not but sheesh. Presumably it was all above board to have such favours done, given the ending comment
    “We have reviewed all contact relating to Jimmy Savile, and there is no evidence to suggest any wrongdoing.”

Hmmm... can regular members of the public ask for threatening letters to be examined like that?. I suppose its fair enough if so, but it does seem slightly sinister, knowing what we seem to know now about him. I'm probably very paranoid but it feels like there's something that doesn't add up, if he was good pals with people in the force and had people help destroy things such as letters etc. quite quickly and supposedly case reports have disappeared and so on, yet the IPCC etc. keep seeming to distance themselves, claiming there's no wrongdoing... it was probably just a bad set of unfortunate circumstances (catalogue of errors?), ah who knows :confused:
  • luckylegsluckylegs Posts: 7,400
    Forum Member

If true damning 'evidence' against police officers in Leeds hopefully now the cookie will crumble. I want everyone involved with him and covered up or put a word in the right ear exposed. Hopefully if any one is still alive brought to justice for aiding, abetting and corruption.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    luckylegs wrote: »
    If true damning 'evidence' against police officers in Leeds hopefully now the cookie will crumble. I want everyone involved with him and covered up or put a word in the right ear exposed. Hopefully if any one is still alive brought to justice for aiding, abetting and corruption.

Unfortunately, I doubt if there will be any complete exposure if it is the police that investigate themselves.

As said before, all the victims of sexual abuse, not just by JS, need to get together and ask for a truly independent inquiry. .
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Scary stuff! why did he not receive a prison term?! ETA - I read the accompanying article (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/having-sex-with-a-13-year-old-can-never-1492241#.UNBApNOU3Dk.twitter) how a 13 year old can be seen as consenting, whether or not alcohol was involved, I have no idea...disturbing.

:(

Lord Turnbull? Responsible for the prosecution case against Luke Mitchell. Handles almost all high profile cases. A total Rottweiler of a prosecutor, a conviction at all costs is his usual way of doing things.
    Yet another example of out of touch judiciary.
  • LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    MC is fine! ;)
    She sounds a bit deranged and/or obsessed. The bit in the express article "immediatedly recognised Satanic regalia". How? I would have no idea, even now. Let alone as a child. Anyway, I doubt there is an organised Satanic underground that has a uniform set of outfits, rituals etc. I would think false memory syndrome may have a hand in this. At best.

There have been all sorts of stories about worldwide Satanic abuse groups since the 1970s. ISTR that most of them were debunked in the 80s/90s, including by the FBI?
  • dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You guys are doing a great job of getting paedophilia in the press hopefully,we know that lots of us have visited the David Icke forum especially the VIle thread, sad news that the fm that started that mammoth thread has died,he was known as Anders7777 he done do much research and the thread is epic,yes it can be abit 'weird' but information is on that forum regarding paedos is fantastic.

I know that some FMs used to check that forum.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You guys are doing a great job of getting paedophilia in the press hopefully,we know that lots of us have visited the David Icke forum especially the VIle thread, sad news that the fm that started that mammoth thread has died,he was known as Anders7777 he done do much research and the thread is epic,yes it can be abit 'weird' but information is on that forum regarding paedos is fantastic.

It was a shame about Anders, at Christmas time too. I enjoyed reading some of his posts.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lord Turnbull? Responsible for the prosecution case against Luke Mitchell. Handles almost all high profile cases. A total Rottweiler of a prosecutor, a conviction at all costs is his usual way of doing things.

Well spotted:D
  • dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a shame about Anders, at Christmas time too. I enjoyed reading some of his posts.

The research that guy done was awesome.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Well spotted:D

Aye. Been reading up on him. Thanks.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luckylegs wrote: »

Thats what you'd hope, eh? it sounds to me like their not too concerned about what they've found and don't plan to follow up.
    inquirer64 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I doubt if there will be any complete exposure if it is the police that investigate themselves.

As said before, all the victims of sexual abuse, not just by JS, need to get together and ask for a truly independent inquiry. .

I'm all for that. Are there not government e-petitions to that affect already? there are one or two I've signed, I don't think I have the links anymore though

Oh? there was a piece on Reporting Scotland last night about Mitchell being filmed taking a lie detector test, wasn't there? and that it should have never been posted on the internet/youtube...a bit strange(?).

There was a semi-exodus a month or two ago whereby alot of the regular contributors seemed to leave here and go to his forum after getting frustrated with the way the discussion was headed (although I think its improved since). From what I gather, his views are rather extreme and peculiar, I haven't felt particularly keen to check it out...I've known the Digital Spy forums/site for a few years so decided to stay put.

Wow, im sorry to hear he died :( very sad.

This is a little off topic but I was a bit surprised (shall we say) to discover this evening that in our prospectus, they've highlighted a particular student as a case study example for the course their studying, when I know for a fact that he got in big trouble last year after my colleague caught him looking up extreme torture videos on youtube (they seemed to be videos of women being tied up and attacked! we have a web filter but it doesn't always catch everything and youtube is generally allowed for access to educational videos I think).

His tutor caught wind after we managed to print out a list of the sites/videos he'd been to through the monitoring system we have and his computer account was suspended so he couldnt use computers on campus - I guess that doesn't reflect on his interest in the course but I was surprised to see they chose to use him to represent the course somehow - that course is full of nice mature students, why pick him? I was really surprised when I saw his face on that page. I know other people complain that they try and get very disruptive or/and aggressive people kicked out but management end up believing them when they say they won't do it again and let them stay and it happens all over again..we like to believe people will change but they often don't...gah, students(!) Anyway, uh, pardon me[/vent]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3month old baby is violently killed at the hands of his father. And he gets less than 4yrs for killing him - this is NOT justice

https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/statuses/291254492807192576
    I will be writing to the Attorney General regarding the sentence of Stephen Coukham (21) jailed for just 3yrs 8months for killing his son

https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/statuses/291256327186042880
    Last sentence I wrote to Attorney General about was the rape of a child by 2 offenders & it resulted in increased sentence. So is worth it

https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/statuses/291256749338542080
    This is the last case I wrote to Attorney General about: Men who raped 11yr girl have sentences doubled by Ct of Appeal http://flip.it/RIrot

https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/statuses/291259331981221888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Difficult to authenticate blogs like this
    http://daffodilrites.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/letter-to-savile-investigations.html?zx=29f4586f56f9a3e5
    but an interesting read.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R5 Double Take
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01pvw0z/Double_Take_13_01_2013/
    From 36mins.
    Discusses if sexual offences will be dealt with more effectively as a result of Savile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Letters to the Guardian following last Friday's reports
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jan/15/jimmy-savile-sorry-tale-abuse
This discussion has been closed.