1151617181921»

Comments

• jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chorletoooooooon!!!!!!!!!!!
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    This a great episode of 'How TV Ruined Your Life' on BBC2 now...
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    The TV call in show for murderers is genius :D.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    When pens get hot :D
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The repeat of the wonderful "How TV Ruined Your Life" shows just how lacking Weekly Wipe was.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Really? One was the host of a panel show. The other is the host of a panel show.
    Carr makes a lot of self-mocking jokes about rape and paedophilia. His role as host has not relied on him having the moral high ground. Where-as HIGNFY does rely on that. What made Deaton's position untenable was Christine Hamilton saying, "If my husband is disgraced, what are you?"
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I kind of agree but I also think it helps that it's on C4 and his bosses stuck by them.

Carr knew he was going to get a hammering. He tweeted about it before the show was recorded.
    And he did but rode it out. Even through the rest of the series and the next series there were one or two jokes pointed at Carr and he accepted them.

Who knows what would have happened if the BBC backed Deayton. Then again there were the rumours that Ian and espeically Paul didn't get on with him so for them it was good timing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    Carr makes a lot of self-mocking jokes about rape and paedophilia. His role as host has not relied on him having the moral high ground. Where-as HIGNFY does rely on that. What made Deaton's position untenable was Christine Hamilton saying, "If my husband is disgraced, what are you?"

Mountains out of molehills. It would've blown over.

And "Carr makes a lot of self-mocking jokes about rape and paedophilia"? Does that insinuate he's been accused of both of those? I don't think he has.
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I kind of agree but I also think it helps that it's on C4 and his bosses stuck by them.

Carr knew he was going to get a hammering. He tweeted about it before the show was recorded.
    And he did but rode it out. Even through the rest of the series and the next series there were one or two jokes pointed at Carr and he accepted them.

Who knows what would have happened if the BBC backed Deayton. Then again there were the rumours that Ian and espeically Paul didn't get on with him so for them it was good timing.

I'd rather Ian and Paul had gone if they wanted to fuss about it, but I've said that loads of times before so I won't continue it here.
  • The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    The repeat of the wonderful "How TV Ruined Your Life" shows just how lacking Weekly Wipe was.

I really think you believe that we should sit down and listen avidly while you deliver the sermons from the mount.

I've seen your website (you self promote it constantly) and this is why any criticism you give to Brooker sticks in the throat somewhat.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone notice that in the trailers for the new Ancient Egypt programme (BBC2 next Friday) that the presenter sounds just like Philomena Cunk?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Screen Wipes could be good, great or even excellent, if only the Producers had recruited someone basically competent, and not ham such as Charlie Brooker.
  • Top Gun 001Top Gun 001 Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Talk about money for old rope!
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    Did anyone notice that in the trailers for the new Ancient Egypt programme (BBC2 next Friday) that the presenter sounds just like Philomena Cunk?

Lol maybe it is her ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really think you believe that we should sit down and listen avidly while you deliver the sermons from the mount.

I've seen your website (you self promote it constantly) and this is why any criticism you give to Brooker sticks in the throat somewhat.

Pardon me all over the place for having an opinion!
  • SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It would be awesome if the programme was presented in that style.

"..and then they were all, like, worshipping this god, that was supposed to be the Sun or something, but you could clearly see, it were just a dog, in a funny hat, and they were pulling out the organs of this poor dead blerk, and sticking them in old jars, but the dog would have probably been 'appier just eating them from a bowl or summat. Idiots"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supratad wrote: »
    It would be awesome if the programme was presented in that style.

"..and then they were all, like, worshipping this god, that was supposed to be the Sun or something, but you could clearly see, it were just a dog, in a funny hat, and they were pulling out the organs of this poor dead blerk, and sticking them in old jars, but the dog would have probably been 'appier just eating them from a bowl or summat. Idiots"

:D Brilliant
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I heard a bbc radio trailer by someone who sounded just like her as well . . . . .
    Forum Member
    I watched HNTLYL last night and at a point he was saying something and it sounded exactly like how Cunk would say it. As he was speaking her voice popped into my head.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/y4csg/?t=11m45s
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member

No she doesn't, the actress playing Philomena (Diane Morgan) comes from Bolton (Lancashire) and Dr Joann Clark is from Barnsley (Yorkshire).

Maybe if you're from down south they sound the same.
    Forum Member
    I've always thought there was a similarity in voice between Morgan and Lauren Laverne and they are from opposite sides of the country.