Noob who needs help

homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
Forum Member
I live in the midlands and want to watch 7e, 13e and 42e so i'm going to go for a motrized system.

Questions are

What is the best hd box which allows recording?

Best 1m dish i can buy?

Quietest motor d1.2?

Best lnb for the above postions?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Anyone?
  • pedro2000ukpedro2000uk Posts: 2,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    I live in the midlands and want to watch 7e, 13e and 42e so i'm going to go for a motrized system.

Questions are

Best 1m dish i can buy?

Quietest motor d1.2?

Thank you in advance

What is the budget because the BEST can result in a massive difference in price and then there's taste/ preferences...

eg... the best 1m dishes are probably plastic/fg V-Sat dishes - see Prodelin etc..

quietest diseqc motor is easier - probably the Dakmotor Superior or Supreme but Stab might be a close second noise wise or quieter & then there's performance measures..
    Forum Member
    What is the budget because the BEST can result in a massive difference in price and then there's taste/ preferences...

eg... the best 1m dishes are probably plastic/fg V-Sat dishes - see Prodelin etc..

quietest diseqc motor is easier - probably the Dakmotor Superior or Supreme but Stab might be a close second noise wise or quieter & then there's performance measures..

Budget around the 300- 500 mark.

Thanks for replying:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Non Linux Receiver- TM5402HD + WD Passport 1tb HDD & Patriot USB flash drive

Linux- DM800HDse decent built clone

loads of other receivers though- plus twin & triple tuner etc..

Motor?- For a 1m, Darkmotor Superior or Stab Motor HH100 or TM2600 (they're all pretty quiet now but some are quieter than others) lots of other good motors badged but are those 3 - you just need to know them as there's too many & so many to avoid

Dish - Triax 1.1 is a 1m in the offset measure or Orbital steel or ali 1m (bit smaller) or Gibertini 1m (bit smaller still- or the one's I've measured are)

LNB - Inverto Black Ultra or Invacom but there are several to also recommend & they can & do vary in a batch

decent install/ survey/ brackets/ wall fixings /coax/ connectors ....

get one thing wrong & it can all too easily be 'not so good' as a result...

get it all right .... & it's fantastic.
    Forum Member
    Non Linux Receiver- TM5402HD + WD Passport 1tb HDD & Patriot USB flash drive

Linux- DM800HDse decent built clone

loads of other receivers though- plus twin & triple tuner etc..

Motor?- For a 1m, Darkmotor Superior or Stab Motor HH100 or TM2600 (they're all pretty quiet now but some are quieter than others) lots of other good motors badged but are those 3 - you just need to know them as there's too many & so many to avoid

Dish - Triax 1.1 is a 1m in the offset measure or Orbital steel or ali 1m (bit smaller) or Gibertini 1m (bit smaller still- or the one's I've measured are)

LNB - Inverto Black Ultra or Invacom but there are several to also recommend & they can & do vary in a batch

decent install/ survey/ brackets/ wall fixings /coax/ connectors ....

get one thing wrong & it can all too easily be 'not so good' as a result...

get it all right .... & it's fantastic.

Many thanks for the help:D this project is going to be done correctly and with help.
  • jw75jw75 Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    1m is a bit excessive for those satellites. You don't really need to go above 70cm, maybe 80 for a specific beam.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jw75 wrote: »
    1m is a bit excessive for those satellites. You don't really need to go above 70cm, maybe 80 for a specific beam.

13e & 28e definitely but you might get a few on 7e getting a bit thin at 70cm there. The ones to watch are lower power/ higher threshold ie- 8psk x higher fecs &/or where both pols are in use.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    13e & 28e definitely but you might get a few on 7e getting a bit thin at 70cm there. The ones to watch are lower power/ higher threshold ie- 8psk x higher fecs &/or where both pols are in use.

Indy Car feed's on atm on 7e- high bit rate too .... you do get some good feeds on there if that's what it's for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »

Questions are

Best 1m dish i can buy?

Quietest motor d1.2?

Thank you in advance

The Gilbertini 100 Alu is a very good 'Quality' Dish. However if you can go directly to the 'wholesaler' you would avoid any risk of damage to the Reflector whilst being sent by a 'third' party to you.
    We will now only collect Dishes ourselves (above 90cm.) as damage is easily caused by poor handling.