✭✭
Well?

Comments

• Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LucianB wrote: »
    Well?

High blood pressure at the moment but apart from that I am.
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    I verymuch doubt it, I may have phoned some one.
    Forum Member
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    High blood pressure at the moment but apart from that I am.
    Nice one. :D
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was armed also yes, otherwise probably not.
  • LucianBLucianB Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JB3 wrote: »
    I verymuch doubt it, I may have phoned some one.
    Like who?
  • Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    I might have tried to help, it's hard to say for certain as I was not there.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably not. Blokes with choppers in there hand in public I tend to avoid.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think anyone can say for sure until they find themselves in the situation. With that sort of thing it's usually an instant decision, a gut reaction. I'm sure the people who did intervene didn't stand there considering the pros and cons and weighing up the alternatives before acting. When you see interviews with people who've intervened in emergencies, they often talk about the speed of something happening, and they just reacted.

I would like to think I would have done something and not walked past or run away, but not having been put in that situation I can't say for sure.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I would have been terrified, but I would have phoned the police though.

What staggered me the most, apart from the obvious was a couple of people just sauntering past casually while one of the attackers ranted into a camera phone being held by someone else.

He had bloodied hands & a couple of knives & woman just walked past him. She did not even look at the dead body a few feet away & didn't seem a have a care in the world; in fact, 2 different women did this.

What is wrong with some people?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What staggered me the most, apart from the obvious was a couple of people just sauntering past casually while one of the attackers ranted into a camera phone being held by someone else.

He had bloodied hands & a couple of knives & woman just walked past him. She did even look at the dead body a few feet away & didn't seem a have a care in the world; in fact, 2 different women did this.

Unless someones head is off you tend to just think it's a fight in my experience and mind your own business unless it's someone you know.
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    I was thinking about this earlier, i wouldn't have strolled up for a chat as some people did, but if i'd had the opportunity i'd have ploughed into the attackers with my car without hesitation.
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know for 100% if I was with my child I would get out of there as quick as possible.

If I was on my own, my honest answer is I have no idea.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member

He had bloodied hands & a couple of knives & woman just walked past him. She did even look at the dead body a few feet away & didn't seem a have a care in the world; in fact, 2 different women did this.

In London it's not that unusual for people to be stabbed in the street, even in daytime, there have been two occasions in the last few years where a gang of schoolchildren have stabbed someone to death in front of commuters, one at a railway station and one at a bus station, then there was another on Boxing Day in front of thousands of shoppers. In Woolwich the local paper is full of news about stabbings every week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a really odd one. The murderers just seemed calm and even rather chatty. They were apologetic rather than menacing. I still think it was courageous of the people who tried to intervene/ talk to them, but not insanely so.
    Forum Member
    LucianB wrote: »
    Like who?
    The first number I came across,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He had bloodied hands & a couple of knives & woman just walked past him. She did not even look at the dead body a few feet away & didn't seem a have a care in the world; in fact, 2 different women did this.

a couple of things here -

Firstly they may not have been fully aware of the true horror of the incident or they may have been but were too shocked to react

Secondly they may have felt scared and just wanted to leave the scene without drawing attention to themselves.

People react in different ways to shocking events. I have seen footage on youtube of a horrible crash at an airshow in ukraine and seconds after the accident with people laying about dead you see people calmly strolling away. I honestly believe that these people were in shock at what had just happened before their eyes.

There is no right or wrong way to react or behave to things that happen. And everyone reacts in different ways.
  • copthis1copthis1 Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    Probably not. Blokes with choppers in there hand in public I tend to avoid.

You save yourself for the woods do you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I would have tried to do whatever I could . But unless you are armed yourself then there isn't too much that could be done to save that poor bloke.

What a cowardly and despicable thing to do to him
  • copthis1copthis1 Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one can be totally sure of what they would do....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a really odd one. The murderers just seemed calm and even rather chatty. They were apologetic rather than menacing. I still think it was courageous of the people who tried to intervene/ talk to them, but not insanely so.
    If there is a war on terror (islam) then the soldier was a combatant on the opposing side from their point of view. It's the reason why they never harmed anyone else in the 20mins or so they were there chilling. I'm sure any one during the course of a war does not sit there and reflect when they kill an opponent.
  • General LunacyGeneral Lunacy Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have started running and not stopped until I reached Oxford.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have tried to have gotten to the casualty for sure but not by putting myself in immediate risk!
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Tough decision, my martial arts training and sense of civic duty says 'yes I probably would', my common-sense says 'hell no, don't be a dick'.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really know to be honest. Him having a massive blade stops me from instantly saying yes. I don't know.
  • RampentRampent Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »
    Tough decision, my martial arts training and sense of civic duty says 'yes I probably would', my common-sense says 'hell no, don't be a dick'.

Refer to post 8 :eek: