Options

Aggie - A Gay Icon

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
Forum Member
✭✭
Come on boys of the faith - Pick up your phones....Could she be one of our icons???

Comments

• Options
    _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    Come on boys of the faith - Pick up your phones....Could she be one of our icons???

Nah ... Sergei can be one of mine though :p
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    Erm why the hell is she a gay icon. Nice woman but gay icon! Term is terribly overused!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Kim maybe..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is anyone a gay icon? Cos gays like them? Kim and aggie IMO were already gay icons. So IMO again, I think she could be xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There is no way she is an icon gay or otherwise. Good on her for doing the series but that's about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    funkycub wrote: »
    There is no way she is an icon gay or otherwise. Good on her for doing the series but that's about it.

So that's it then- you say so, so end of discussion. It must be great to be so accurate all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now now ladies...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So that's it then- you say so, so end of discussion. It must be great to be so accurate all the time.

thanks for the compliment. Sorry I just don't think she is a gay icon! Nice lady! Look at the people on wikipedia listed as gay icons, she isn't in the same league.

She is a nice lady, I admire her for taking on the challenge at her age but that's about it from my point of view.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bebeboouk wrote: »
    Now now ladies...

I'm not a lady, thank you ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was being ironic...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks for the compliment. Sorry I just don't think she is a gay icon! Nice lady! Look at the people on wikipedia listed as gay icons, she isn't in the same league.

She is a nice lady, I admire her for taking on the challenge at her age but that's about it from my point of view.

Yeah but Shirley Bassey makes me vomit. She is no more an icon of mine than Poll Pot is :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bebeboouk wrote: »
    Now now ladies...

And I aint a lady either, as you would know if you saw my shlong!!!!:eek:
    Make your eyes water!!!!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Tee hee!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Send me a pic ;) I amy agree about Aggie if I like it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Send me a pic ;) I amy agree about Aggie if I like it!

Ooh you cheeky monkey!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry I was checking my pm box every ten seonds and missed this!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her :)
  • Options
    pammi_ipammi_i Posts: 6,851
    Forum Member
    A good question was asked in this thread earlier that no-one has answered and I would like to know... how on earth does one become a gay icon? I asked one of my gay friends this once and was told that you didn't have to be gay to be a gay icon, but that you have to be, amongst other things, glamorous and also rather tragic cf Judy Garland, though how Kylie made it to gay icon on that basis I'll never know since she wasn't tragic until she had her cancer scare.

So go on, how does one get to be a "gay icon". Does Gaydar publish a weekly list, like the New Year's honours list or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It;s normally someone liked and respected by gays. Normally someone with longevity. Normally someone that is close to their gay audience too.

Wikipedia does have a list if you type in gay icon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    and normally the underdog.

There maybe a list on gaydar but I doubt anyone has noticed it as normally are too busy looking for sex!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's lots of things that go to make a gay icon. It can (rarely) be a man or a woman. Tragedy helps (Edith Piaf - Judy Garland), or larger than life characters - (Dolly Parton Liza Minnelli) Strength (Madonna - Mrs Thatcher)
    An abundance of camp can help secure icon status - Kylie -
    Also big bad divas - Shirley Bassey or Diana Ross, whose bad behaviour helps. For some it's plain and simply the talent - Judi Dench or Maggie Smith.
    The men are few and far between but I guess, Christopher Biggins, Graham Norton and for the sheer shaggability and lvong the fact that all the gays want to sleep with him and playing up to it - David Beckham.
    There isa list that is published annually in the gay times that us of the faith are invited to vote each year.....;)
  • Options
    pammi_ipammi_i Posts: 6,851
    Forum Member
    Okay, thanks you three, that kind of helps! I giggled a bit when I read #23 "It can (rarely) be a man or a woman" - erm, what else would it be then? lol. Your examples list cleared that up though, you meant rarely a man I realise, it's just the way it read at first! lol

Good list though, and so I was right about a list in the gay press then? Well, I include Gaydar in the gay press even though I don't think it is actually a newspaper is it? Sorry, I'm not "of the faith" myself, but quite happy with what the culture has given us (although I may draw the line at Graham Norton! :p)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pammi_i wrote: »
    Okay, thanks you three, that kind of helps! I giggled a bit when I read #23 "It can (rarely) be a man or a woman" - erm, what else would it be then? lol. Your examples list cleared that up though, you meant rarely a man I realise, it's just the way it read at first! lol

Good list though, and so I was right about a list in the gay press then? Well, I include Gaydar in the gay press even though I don't think it is actually a newspaper is it? Sorry, I'm not "of the faith" myself, but quite happy with what the culture has given us (although I may draw the line at Graham Norton! :p)

That's ok pammi, you can be my personal gay icon! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I can't stick graham norton. I look a the hundred every year and I usually cannot stick about 80 of them!
    Also on the list EVERY year is:

Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Bette Davies, Joan Crawford, Audrey Hepburn, Edith Piaf, Bette Midler, Bananarama, Whitney Houston, Dusty Springfield, Imelda Marcos, Evita, The Nolans,

Potentials this year would, IMO be Kim & Aggie !! Jane Mc Donald

Oh the list oges on,...............:D