Ever Broken/Snapped a Game Disc

STeelySTeely Posts: 329
Forum Member
So Today i was playing Gran Turismo 5 , doing one of the seasonal races , but i couldnt do it , i tried and tried , i even came second 4 times , but as it went on i got angrier and angrier because i couldnt do it , so i snapped the disc , because i was angry and to stop me playing it again , as i was becoming a bit to obsessed , even playing it till 3.00am , which is not good when yo have to get up for work

btw i feel great after snapping the disc!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If i game is making you angry then just turn it off, don't break it

Like early i couldn't do a part of FFX so i started take little breaks and talking to friends on facebook, then i'd try again and fail again, so i took another break etc... until i did it

Had a just snapped the disk i wouldn't of had the joy of success after the despair of failure

Also you my be happy you broke it now but when you've had enough time to think, you'll realize it was not the right thing to do

Remember gaming is meant to be fun, if you aren't having your doing it wrong
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Last time I broke a disc it was the original Championship Manager 2 - it got frisbee'd across the room into the far wall. That's what Everton losing to Chester at home in the FA Cup 5 times in a row made me do.....

Only trouble is, I then had to go out and buy the game again.....
  • STeelySTeely Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    If i game is making you angry then just turn it off, don't break it

Like early i couldn't do a part of FFX so i started take little breaks and talking to friends on facebook, then i'd try again and fail again, so i took another break etc... until i did it

Had a just snapped the disk i wouldn't of had the joy of success after the despair of failure

Also you my be happy you broke it now but when you've had enough time to think, you'll realize it was not the right thing to do

Remember gaming is meant to be fun, if you aren't having your doing it wrong

so very true , gaming is meant to be fun , i must try to remember that sometimes!
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I have come close a few times playing the horrible lagfest that was mw3.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but not because of the game itself, during one argument with the missus she started going down the "all you care about is that f***ing video game" line, so I took Dragon Age Origins out of the PS3 and snapped it in half.

Instantly regretted it.
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not recently, but after being cheesed to death by Bison for the millionth time on SF2 I took the (SNES) cartridge out and threw it all the wall with all the force I could manage. The plastic case splintered into a million bits, but the bare board inside still worked amazingly.

Thinking about it, Seth and his 'I'm nearly dead but going to do 2 flipping unblockable super moves on you' in SF4 is about as close as I've come to wanting to frisbee the game, controller & console out of the window in recent times. Maybe I should avoid SF games!
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never broken one in anger but both mw2 and black ops cracked because they were played literally to death.
    I can't say I've ever got angry at a game, I get frustrated but not angry
  • STeelySTeely Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    So some 12 hrs later i feel a little foolish , silly even for breaking the game disc , will never get angry like that ever again and will learn to walk away , after all it is only a videogame!!

Btw just went CEX to buy a new copy of GT5 , brought the collectors edition
  • monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    I have come close a few times playing the horrible lagfest that was mw3.

i never experienced lag on mw3
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STeely wrote: »
    So some 12 hrs later i feel a little foolish , silly even for breaking the game disc , will never get angry like that ever again and will learn to walk away , after all it is only a videogame!!

Btw just went CEX to buy a new copy of GT5 , brought the collectors edition

*bought
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I broke a disc trying to get the damn thing out of the box lol. It was stuck in good and proper. I pressed down in the middle to help take it out but it wouldn't budge and I managed to snap the disc lol. took it back to the shop and even the store staff couldn't get it out lol.

It was like it had been glued into the box
  • General ZodGeneral Zod Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    Vashetti wrote: »
    *bought

You're pedantry is rediculous.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Powerstone on DC many years ago, crushed the disk in my hand and ended up cutting through to my bone on my thumb and had to have stitches.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more a smash the controller against the floor/wall person.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting up, taking out the disc, and then snapping it in half sounds like it would take a fair bit of effort. I don't know why you bothered.

If i get frustrated, i go and make a cup of tea. Five minutes later, i'm feeling ok.
  • sickparrotsickparrot Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only one I've ever snapped was Sensible Soccer on the Amiga. I thought I had it sussed, getting to the final and being 5-0 up at half time. Then it decided to cheat, it was like I completely lost control of my players and there was absolutely nothing I could do to stop it getting all 6 goals back before the game ended.

Pulled the disk and trashed it, didn't regret it one iota.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sickparrot wrote: »
    The only one I've ever snapped was Sensible Soccer on the Amiga. I thought I had it sussed, getting to the final and being 5-0 up at half time. Then it decided to cheat, it was like I completely lost control of my players and there was absolutely nothing I could do to stop it getting all 6 goals back before the game ended.

That wasn't very sensible. :rolleyes:
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once cracked a PS3 disk by clicking it into its box after I'd been playing on it for a few hours.
    It was still very warm and when I next came to play it, it had a small crack coming from the hole in the middle.
    Any I use a lot I either wait for them to cool or put them in a thin jewel case that is a bit of a looser fit.
  • cpikey316_cpikey316_ Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sickparrot wrote: »

It was a terrible game for that. You'd get an important goal and suddenly the computers players could run twice as fast and shots from anywhere would go in for them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No never. I'm not sad enough to do that. I simply turn the console off and go do something else
  • akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being quit new to the world of gaming i was going to start a thread about what you do when you get frustrated, i have been playing darksiders 2 for a while now and have been frustrated a few times, but i have'nt yet snaped the disk in half or thrown my controller across the room, although i have felt like it.

Also these people who go straight through a game on "you tube", do they use cheats to do it, or are they just very good at gaming, or am i just really crap at gaming and should give up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    never broken or snapped a game disc just got angry and switched off the system. Never get to the point of breaking anything through frustration.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope I haven't personally buy my ex girlfriend snapped my Fallout New Vegas GOTY edition when she was angry at me one day. Glad that relationship didn't last cause that was a low blow.
  • Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never broke a disc but I did smash my PS3 controller to pieces once and had to buy a new one.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Vashetti wrote: »
    *bought

one of my pet hates on this forum, when people put brought instead of bought so i applaud your correction of this nonsense :D

anyway back on topic no havent broke a game disc because i was angry