Options

Sunset Overdrive

Comments

• Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Dan27 wrote: »
    That'll be the only time it hits 1080p/60 ;)

Just like bloodborne.....
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »
    We'll see ;)

If it were too, it will probably be a year later and we've all moved onto the next big thing. :p Of course it will give the 'other side' more fuel to add to the fire.
  • Options
    Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I played it for a couple of hours earlier, controls take a bit of getting used to, it's funny, and when you start getting used to it it's a lot of fun. The story is funny so far, and makes you want to play more to find out more....I had to go to work so was a little gutted. It reminds me of Jet Set Radio, but with guns, lots of guns. It made me chuckle just by the names of some of the guns, the Record launcher is called "High Fidelity", and the beast of a revolver you get is called "Dirty Harry". Haven't played multiplayer, but probably play it tomorrow morning.

so so far highly recommended :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This game is delightful.

It's hard to explain why i love this game so much because there really is nothing out there to compare it to. You'll have moments of madness where you dont know what the hell you're doing, but it all just seems to work and it leaves a smile on your face. I'm only a couple of hours in to the main storyline and iv'e loved it so far, the art-style, music, weapons and dialog all fit perfectly and iv'e had some genuine laugh out loud moments at some of the humour in this game.I'll not mention which parts because of spoilers, but some of it is quite subtle and other times its full on. This is my type of game.

Anyone up for some Co-op Friday night? I haven't tried any multiplayer yet as i wanted to get used to the controls etc before jumping in, but i'll be free Friday so i'll probably knock some invites out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got a message overnight sent to my Xbox from MS, saying sorry if I'm having trouble accessing Sunset Overdrive, here is a code to access it now.

Anyone else get this? I bought from the HK store. To be honest I didn't try and play it yesterday as I thought it was locked till Friday like in the UK.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    I got a message overnight sent to my Xbox from MS, saying sorry if I'm having trouble accessing Sunset Overdrive, here is a code to access it now.

Anyone else get this? I bought from the HK store. To be honest I didn't try and play it yesterday as I thought it was locked till Friday like in the UK.

Yes I got the message! .. I haven't checked if it was unlocked yesterday or not! :blush:
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    iv'e had some genuine laugh out loud moments at some of the humour in this game.I'll not mention which parts because of spoilers, but some of it is quite subtle and other times its full on. This is my type of game.

The humour works then? I have a hatred of games that try to be funny, because they very rarely are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Yes I got the message! .. I haven't checked if it was unlocked yesterday or not! :blush:

Tried the code and it didn't work on Xbox.com, but I then changed the site to the HK one and it accepted it.

Just starting the game up now after a system updated :D
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried the code and it didn't work on Xbox.com, but I then changed the site to the HK one and it accepted it.

I've just fired up my X1 & Sunset was already unlocked! ... didn't need the code! 😳
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just fired up my X1 & Sunset was already unlocked! ... didn't need the code! 😳

Maybe it was released on the 28th in HK too then :)

Just had a quick go, it's a lot of fun. But that first defense mission you have to do is hard.
  • Options
    Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

May have to look into some multiplayer action at a later date then :)
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Has anyone seen the deals over at our favourite "import store"? Titanfall for £11.90 with the entire season pass coming in at £3. No I'm not joking.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eventually bought Sunset. I ended up getting a hard copy of the Day One edition, though. Amazon emailed me a £5 off voucher when I spend more than £30. So it worked out at like £5 more than a digital copy from the HK store, and I'll sell it when I'm done :p

edit: Nevermind! :mad: "Will take an additional 2 days to delivery" once I ordered it. Cancelled and I'll buy digital :cry::cry:
  • Options
    MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    Definitely getting this. It's made by the same makers of Ratchett and Clank a game I absolutely adore!!

Now, I've been reading a lot about where and how to buy it, but being me I would probably screw this up! Going to have to nab someone later to talk me through it. Oh yeah, my gaming time of the year again, this is my last day for 2 whole weeks :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Multiplayer takes no prisoners!

Went in a match earlier and got destroyed constantly.

Probably going to need a full 8 player squad to make a dent in the enemy.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I'll be picking up my copy tomorrow.

Genuinely excited to play this - which is weird :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played up until the first defense mission. It feels great playing it. I know what people mean about the controls seeming a bit weird at first, but at the same time it feels almost natural?

Can't wait to get back into it tonight... alas... I'm sitting in an office until 4pm :cry:
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tempted to open this one..

when it turns up, still in transit
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The humour in this game seems really really annoying, just installing it now. Why the hell do you have to install so much before you can play it on xbone?

This thread is too dead for a new game, are you all playing? or has nobody bought except the tax dodgers?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The humour in this game seems really really annoying, just installing it now. Why the hell do you have to install so much before you can play it on xbone?

This thread is too dead for a new game, are you all playing? or has nobody bought except the tax dodgers?

Well ain't you a ray of sunshine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am quite worried about the sales of this game, i have 256 friends on xbox live, 60 of them are online right now, out of those 60 only 2 are playing SO, which seems really low for a big new release.

Everyone seems to be playing Destiny!
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Well ain't you a ray of sunshine.

He's always the same when on the XBO, H2 got the same treatment :D;-)
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am quite worried about the sales of this game, i have 256 friends on xbox live, 60 of them are online right now, out of those 60 only 2 are playing SO, which seems really low for a big new release.

How many have played it though? Under the Popular With Friends

Out of the 38 friends I have, its showing 7 have played SO which is only 1 less than Horizon 2.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All I ever seem to see is people watching telly.
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the game today and I'm playing.
    It feels very much like Saints Row but on rails