Comments

• ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,207
    Forum Member
    Chris Addison is now 1-10 favourite! :eek:
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    ntscuser wrote: »

I cannot possibly believe that he'll get the job. Just, no. Even Roy Kinnear would be preferable!
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Adam Rayner seems like a possibility, but I can't see him playing The Doctor at all...:o
    Forum Member
    The odds are fluctuating wildly at the moment with no clear trend but Andrew Scott is now back in the frame in fourth place.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,576
    Forum Member
    It will be like last time, almost everyone thought it would be Paterson Joseph until the reveal programme
    They are just playing with you and keeping you interested ;)
    Forum Member
    I think with some of these actors, you have to ask yourself would they be really interested in playing The Doctor? That's the only way we can eliminate a few of these possibilities. :)
    Forum Member
    The odds are fluctuating wildly at the moment with no clear trend but Andrew Scott is now back in the frame in fourth place.

Please no :(
  • GillrayGillray Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Isn't Wishaw that one on the BAFTAS who looked coked up? don't think he would be picked, I would hope not anyway.

As someone said about Chiwetel Ejiofor, Whishaw is far too good for Who.
    Chris Addison is now 1-10 favourite!

To quote 'The Pitch of Fear': "Any c**t with an Equity Card"
  • GilaGoraGilaGora Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Chris Addison is cast I'll jump out of the nearest window. I'd like to think that Moffat has more sense than that.
    Forum Member
    GilaGora wrote: »
    If Chris Addison is cast I'll jump out of the nearest window. I'd like to think that Moffat has more sense than that.

I remember a similar reaction in this forum when Catherine Tate was first announced! :D

The stupid thing is Addison has only just signed for a sit-com with Sky.

Betfair's odds don't necessarily reflect the wider market. As far as traditional bookies are concerned Rory Kinnear is still a certainty and they are refusing to take new bets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just no :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    doop wrote: »
    Just no :eek::eek::eek::eek:

He's long since fallen back to even money but is still favourite at Betfair.
    Forum Member
    I hope we get an announcement next month, to be honest. Surprised no one's mentioned Christian Cooke..
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why repeat back to me the very same point I'd already made?

Because you were saying the newer Doctors do more for PR etc than the older ones did? If it wasn't you I apologise but you do seem to be repeating your points over and over.
    By the way, why 'Ecclescake'?
    Forum Member
    Talma wrote: »
    why 'Ecclescake'?

Why not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    I hope we get an announcement next month, to be honest. Surprised no one's mentioned Christian Cooke..

Press release in Paris?
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »

Just googled him - another pretty boy in his mid-twenties. :yawn:

Please let it be Rory or Ben.
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not.

It just sounds childish to me, something you'd hear in the playground. Whatever.
  • GilaGoraGilaGora Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ben Daniels is probably the best realistic candidate, but he's rumoured to have already turned down the role.
  • VideoTapirVideoTapir Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Addison would be brilliant, but only if he played an ineffectual Doctor manipulated into action by his scheming companion, Malcolm Tucker...

(as an aside, how brilliant would Peter Capaldi be as the Doctor?)
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Capaldi would be wonderful. But I really don't think we are anywhere close to who will be Who. This is all smokescreen. It's a decision made by 4 or 5 people they can keep it quiet if they want to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you jealous of other attractive men or something? you keep repeating the same thing constantly all the time does it actually matter what the actor looks like be they good looking or not because to me and many others it doesn`t matter at all.
    Forum Member
    Peter Capaldi would be wonderful.

Yes but having been in it before I associate him too strongly with the character he played in Fires of Pompeii.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Alex Pettyfer was spotted in Cardiff this week.. He's very popular with young women..

PANIC!!!
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Yes but having been in it before I associate him too strongly with the character he played in Fires of Pompeii.

He had a major role in Torchwood Children Of Earth to which is obviously cannon in the WHO universe

He was playing a descendent of his Fires of Pompeii character