Rory Kinnear ?

18910111214»

Comments

• Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    ntscuser wrote: »
    Alternatively they do know and are spreading misinformation in order to try and pull off a betting coup.

That's also quite possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    The Doctor with an Irish accent...I think Andrew Scott would be great!

I've seen Rory in three stage productions - as Hamlet, Iago, and in a contemporary role - and he is incredibly versatile and believable in whatever he does. I heard someone say yesterday that casting Rory would bring them back to the show after many years absence.
  • steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Checked out an interview with the guy on you tube, seems nice enough, however, a comment below from presumably a fan of his caught my eye:

'Oh God, let it not be true that this extraordinary actor may be destined to rush around after a man in a dustbin with a sink plunger sticking out the front of it. RK please dodge Dr Who and carry on with the kinds of choices you have been making to date. Leave rhe knitted scarf for someone who needs it.'

See, that's just the kind of snotty nosed, 'but he's an ac-tor' mentality that I hate.

Also, anyone else notice the amateur spelling mistake? Thought I'd leave it in there, just to make a point :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Checked out an interview with the guy on you tube, seems nice enough, however, a comment below from presumably a fan of his caught my eye:

'Oh God, let it not be true that this extraordinary actor may be destined to rush around after a man in a dustbin with a sink plunger sticking out the front of it. RK please dodge Dr Who and carry on with the kinds of choices you have been making to date. Leave rhe knitted scarf for someone who needs it.'

See, that's just the kind of snotty nosed, 'but he's an ac-tor' mentality that I hate.

Also, anyone else notice the amateur spelling mistake? Thought I'd leave it in there, just to make a point :D

I can't see the spelling mistake. Put me out of my misery? :)
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure they could make Rory Kinnear look other-worldly enough to be the Doctor. And a balding Doctor??? Call me shallow, but I like my Doctors hairy!
  • scumcatscumcat Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    saralund wrote: »
    I'm not sure they could make Rory Kinnear look other-worldly enough to be the Doctor. And a balding Doctor??? Call me shallow, but I like my Doctors hairy!

You are shallow,

Hair loss does not run in my family

It sprints:mad:
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scumcat wrote: »
    You are shallow,

Hair loss does not run in my family

It sprints:mad:

;) Didn't hurt Captain Picard...
  • scumcatscumcat Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    saralund wrote: »
    ;) Didn't hurt Captain Picard...

Make it so then.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    scumcat wrote: »
    Make it so then.

That being the case, Patrick Stewart anyone ?
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's one of those would have been great doctors but I can't see the BBC being able to afford him or him having the free time to do it, but he would be magnificent.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's one of those would have been great doctors but I can't see the BBC being able to afford him or him having the free time to do it, but he would be magnificent.
    :):)
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could allways guest star. Would make a great baddie or freind for 12 and clara. Get on the phone and make it happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/06/18/rory-kinnear-and-rupert-grint-top-choices-new-dr-who-uk-social-media-users
    Rory Kinnear is the top public choice on social media to play the new Dr Who, research from Crimson Hexagon has found, with a third of those discussing actors choosing him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.seenit.co.uk/doctor-who-bookies-make-rory-kinnear-favourite-for-role/0628468/

Bookmakers William Hill have named Rory Kinnear the Even money favourite to replace Matt Smith in Doctor Who as the market was reopened.
    A flurry of bets had earlier seen Kinnear race to the top of the betting from 33/1, prompting the firm to close stop taking bets as it believed an announcement was imminent.

However with no announcement yet made, and the BBC indicating the name of the next Doctor will be announced in late summer or early autumn, William Hill has re-opened betting.

Just over a week ago, it looked like a done deal for Rory Kinnear, but as time has gone on and no announcement has been made, doubts have started to creep in and we believe it is a wide open race again,” said William Hill spokesman Joe Crilly.

Odds and runners:
    1/1 Rory Kinnear
    3/1 Chris Addison
    5/1 Ben Daniels
    16/1 Andrew Scott
    16/1 David Harewood
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Urgh, Chris Addison would be awful.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Urgh, Chris Addison would be awful.

How do you know? Have you seen his audition?

I really don't know how anyone can say that about any actor* after the flack Catherine and Matt got before they even started.

*Except Russell Brand
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    I've seen enough of him in acting roles and as a comedian to know I will not like him, don't need to see an 'audition'.

As for Tate and Smith, I was happy Tate was going to be a companion when it was first reported and she is still my favourite companion since the revamp and Matt Smith I had never seen in anything before his role as the Doctor so couldn't judge.

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/409588/Who-s-who-Rupert-Grint-v-Rory-Kinnear-to-be-next-Doctor
    Computer company Crimson Hexagon analysed more than four thousand internet posts to find out who they would like to be the next actor to take over the controls of the Tardis.

Kinnear topped the count, with a third of fans wanting him as Matt Smith’s replacement.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is surely a load of rubbish! What about the posts which do not want Rory Kinnear as the new Doctor - such as mine?