Options

So why is Stacey being painted as the bad guy here (Eastenders spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    This is the attitude to the storyline that amazes me - Stacey is absolutely horrified that Alfie could have put everybody in danger like that, yet she is seen as the gobby loose cannon. It is not Alfie's "mess to sort out" - it is a very serious crime.

So Stacey isn't a gobby loose cannon then?

And serious crime or not it is still Alfie's place to tell the the truth not Stacey!
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And serious crime or not it is still Alfie's place to tell the the truth not Stacey!

Stacey is a gobby loose cannon, but in this particular situation, feeling that she wants to report a crime does not make her the bad guy.

Yes, Alfie should tell the truth rather than moping around feeling sorry for himself in his self-inflicted situation. But I would have thought that by knowing about a crime and not reporting it, Stacey is putting herself at risk as well. If it was found out that she knew, could she be sent back to prison? Can't remember the terms of her getting out of jail.

I absolutely loathe Alfie and the way we are still expected to feel pity for him when he is entirely to blame for his current situation and is still thinking of nobody but himself.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It doesn't matter whose 'place' it is, the important thing is that justice is done. Stacey has a moral and legal duty to tell the police everything she knows, the last thing she should be doing is aiding and abetting a criminal given her recent brushes with the law.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    True, that doesn't ring true for me.
    Equally Linda and Shirley didn't seem bothered about Johnny being in The Albert when Phil sent his thugs round. I'd have expected Linda to give him a piece of her mind.

Or Mick to him KTFO but we all know TPTB would never allow that.

Why is Philth even allowed in the Vic after he screwed them all over?

Just look at the heartache that has caused the Carters this year.

But I now watch EE as two separate shows - one with characters whose fate or future interactions you are never sure about.

And the other as the dull and very predictable fantasy involving the Philth 'owning' everything and everybody forever.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,331
    Forum Member

No, if anybody discovers a crime has been committed they have a duty to report it to the Police and they wouldn't think twice about informing the criminal's (and that is what Alfie is whether he intended anybody to get hurt or not) wife.

I think they are portraying it this way because grassing is the worst crime of all in EE and Alfie is supposed to be suffering enough already.

I also agree that Mick isn't supposed to approve but can understand how desperate Alfie was to provide for his family and doesn't see the point in making it worse for them - they'd suffer as well as Alfie - and I can see that argument even if I don't personally agree with it.

I just wish they wouldn't portray Stacey and Tosh as being horrible and unsympathetic because they don't think it is okay to juust shrug what he did off when arguably, morally (not to mention legally) they are the ones that want to do the right thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    It doesn't matter whose 'place' it is, the important thing is that justice is done. Stacey has a moral and legal duty to tell the police everything she knows, the last thing she should be doing is aiding and abetting a criminal given her recent brushes with the law.

Well then, this 'moral' and 'legal' upstanding woman needs to inform the police that there is a 'dangerous' criminal living in the same house as her then doesn't she?

And while she's at it why not drop Mick in it for covering for said dangerous criminal and the Masoods for harbouring him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well then, this 'moral' and 'legal' upstanding woman needs to inform the police that there is a 'dangerous' criminal living in the same house as her then doesn't she?

And while she's at it why not drop Mick in it for covering for said dangerous criminal and the Masoods for harbouring him?

Yes she does. The Masoods haven't committed a crime and I've got nothing against them. Just Alfie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    Yes she does. The Masoods haven't committed a crime and I've got nothing against them. Just Alfie.

Well it's up to Stacey then to turn the ratbag in but she won't be doing herself any favours, I mean I know she goes to live with Dean but what will she do when the truth about him comes out? She won't want to live with a rapist surely and Alfie won't forgive her if she dobs him in and Kat might not either, or Mo so where will she live and who will she turn to?

I know the Masoods haven't committed a crime but they have allowed Alfie to stay there, I know they don't know he's a criminal but will they not be accused of harbouring a criminal?
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blood is thicker than water, Alfie could have killed Kat so of course it's Stacey's business. She herself or her daughter could have been caught up in that fire.
    MiniMeToo wrote: »
    because she is the bad guy, she lived for how many years letting Bradly take the blame for killing Archie, she is a little hypocrite...
    Bradley chose to take the blame for killing Archie when he was alive.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joanne MA wrote: »
    Wouldn't Kat and the children get rehoused by the Council anyway?
    not if the council have got wind of Alfie being questioned for fraud, the insurance company are already refusing to pay out for their contents
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The answer is simple. Alfie and Bert need locking up for a very long time with regular brutal beatings of the permanently scarring type.
  • Options
    KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technically the Masoods might be accused of harbouring a criminal, but it would fall through as the legal teams would need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Masood knew that Alfie had started the fire, which he does not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well it's up to Stacey then to turn the ratbag in but she won't be doing herself any favours, I mean I know she goes to live with Dean but what will she do when the truth about him comes out? She won't want to live with a rapist surely and Alfie won't forgive her if she dobs him in and Kat might not either, or Mo so where will she live and who will she turn to?

I know the Masoods haven't committed a crime but they have allowed Alfie to stay there, I know they don't know he's a criminal but will they not be accused of harbouring a criminal?

Not if they didn't know, no of course they wouldn't be accused of harboring a criminal. They'd probably be seen for what they are, kind hearted people that took a homeless family in and have been taken advantage of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LHolmes wrote: »
    not if the council have got wind of Alfie being questioned for fraud, the insurance company are already refusing to pay out for their contents

I hate to say it but Kat and the children might be better off without Alfie and Mo around. She stands much more chance of being rehoused without the two people that have committed criminal acts in or to a Council property (keeping commercial, flammable and possibly stoldn liquids in a domestic property and somebody suspected of at best unsafe disposal of a cigarette and possibly arson) hanging round her neck. She would be seen as an unknowing victim and as a single mother they'd have to help her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Stacy has every right to warn her family that Alfie endangered their lives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Keeki wrote: »

So why doesn't she then instead of just wittering on at him about it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I hate to say it but Kat and the children might be better off without Alfie and Mo around. She stands much more chance of being rehoused without the two people that have committed criminal acts in or to a Council property (keeping commercial, flammable and possibly stoldn liquids in a domestic property and somebody suspected of at best unsafe disposal of a cigarette and possibly arson) hanging round her neck. She would be seen as an unknowing victim and as a single mother they'd have to help her.

I understand what you mean but I really don't want to see Kat and Alfie split up for good. A trial separation maybe but a reconciliation in the end!
  • Options
    Forum Member

A couple of reasons, selfish or selfless.

Selfless;
    She thinks it would be better for Kat to hear it straight from Alfie and wants to give him the chance to explain it figuring there is more chance he will be foriven that way. Likewise, the Courts. are usually more leniant on people that confess.

Selfish:
    She doesn't want to be the one to hurt Kat or deal with the fallout from telling her or the Police. Ever hear the sayings about people blaming the messenger or Cassandra, the bearer of bad news not being believed?

I don'( especially like Stacey but she is in a difficult position here.
  • Options
    Gigi MichaelsGigi Michaels Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was abroad (abroad...not a broad) when Stacy was on the first time. My lover kept telling me what a great character she is. Not convinced. I haven't warmed to her eyebrows' life, the snarl she seems to perpetually wear, and the self-righteous opinion of everyone. My first impression is not a particularly nice one...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe she hopes he'll tell Kat himself if she keeps encouraging him. That would be the best scenario for everyone concerned.
  • Options
    MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keeki wrote: »

Jesus wept, as far as Alfie was concerned, NO ONE WAS IN THE HOUSE.....
  • Options
    VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He wasn't entirely thorough in checking that though was he? Anyone could nip home for some more lippy, more money or if they aren't feeling well.

This storyline has definitely divided opinion on what is morally right or wrong.

At the end of the day my opinion is that Alfie should be reported. He set fire to property that was not his (it's a house owned by the council and in Mo's name) with the intent on fraudulently claiming insurance on damages. He doesn't regret his actions and is going around blaming half the Square for his circumstances.

This is a culmination of Alfie being a prat for a long time. He broke Roxy's heart and moved in his ex-wife the same day he jilted her at the altar. He then threw a heavy metal object, already known to be strong enough to kill someone, through a window. It landed right where two children could have been playing. Then when he gets the stall he sells dodgy goods and picks fights with the market inspector. He goes to Australia and cons a woman out of £10,000. After later losing his pitch he whines and blames everyone else instead of finding another job. He's even racist towards the market inspector.

Now he is being rude to the Masoods. Did Alfie ever pay them back for the £500? He kept saying that he was sorry for taking it and he wouldn't have done if he wasn't so desperate. And after being so rude to Shabnam he then insists that 4 adults and 4 children get to continue living in the Masood's home! He is then rude and uncooperative with the letting agent and council employee.

Why didn't Alfie just contact the council after the fire to be rehoused? He was insistent that they privately rent number 43 with the insurance money.

Alfie is a man who is morally corrupt and can never accept that he may be to blame. This has continued for a year culminating in the fire. And he still hasn't accepted responsibility or shown guilt for starting the fire.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Alfie should have sense enough to realise that plans can change. He also endangered the lives of his neighbours as he had no way of containing the fire if it spread. No need to bring Jesus into it.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    He wasn't entirely thorough in checking that though was he? Anyone could nip home for some more lippy, more money or if they aren't feeling well.

This storyline has definitely divided opinion on what is morally right or wrong.

At the end of the day my opinion is that Alfie should be reported. He set fire to property that was not his (it's a house owned by the council and in Mo's name) with the intent on fraudulently claiming insurance on damages. He doesn't regret his actions and is going around blaming half the Square for his circumstances.

This is a culmination of Alfie being a prat for a long time. He broke Roxy's heart and moved in his ex-wife the same day he jilted her at the altar. He then threw a heavy metal object, already known to be strong enough to kill someone, through a window. It landed right where two children could have been playing. Then when he gets the stall he sells dodgy goods and picks fights with the market inspector. He goes to Australia and cons a woman out of £10,000. After later losing his pitch he whines and blames everyone else instead of finding another job. He's even racist towards the market inspector.

Now he is being rude to the Masoods. Did Alfie ever pay them back for the £500? He kept saying that he was sorry for taking it and he wouldn't have done if he wasn't so desperate. And after being so rude to Shabnam he then insists that 4 adults and 4 children get to continue living in the Masood's home! He is then rude and uncooperative with the letting agent and council employee.

Why didn't Alfie just contact the council after the fire to be rehoused? He was insistent that they privately rent number 43 with the insurance money.

Alfie is a man who is morally corrupt and can never accept that he may be to blame. This has continued for a year culminating in the fire. And he still hasn't accepted responsibility or shown guilt for starting the fire.

Excellent post.

Fraud and arson are serious, scummy crimes and I sincerely hope he does not get away with it. I'm just glad he didn't get paid out.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever you think of Alfie just contrast his desperation and guit compared to that of the Philth after he had burned down the Vic nearly killing everybody inside (including Stacey and young baby Lilly).

No regret or consequences for that scumbag - he recovered from his crack addiction in about 3.7 seconds and was then the 'King of the Square' bullying every character within a week.

Really I have just had enough of the pr**k - how much longer must we suffer him destroying everyone for his own warped pleasure without ever getting punished for it?