Options

very confused... skype phones on 3

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Myself and the OH need new phones, but the market seems to have expolded since I last took out a contract and now I am very very confused indeed!

I am not a high mobile user anymore, few texts a day. Most talktime is either to the OH or to friends in Europe. The double SKYPEphone PAYG deal with 3 for a seems like a good idea... is it?

Can you use it to call non-skype phones?
What is the PAYG top up for if SKYPEing is free?
Are they really so handy that you can use them as dongles too?

Hope someone can help! Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Bang Bang BoomBang Bang Boom Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can use them as dongles. U can use them to make non skype calls i think but u would ave to top uq ur skype account. U have to top up to use skype as 3 want to make money out of the free service and they mite ave skype costs?
  • Options
    b.leverb.lever Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can use them as dongles. U can use them to make non skype calls i think but u would ave to top uq ur skype account. U have to top up to use skype as 3 want to make money out of the free service and they mite ave skype costs?

please type proper .
  • Options
    Bang Bang BoomBang Bang Boom Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    b.lever wrote: »
    please type proper .

sorry, are u incapable of reading? do u need large print or in more simple terms?
  • Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    When you top up by £10 it goes you 90 days Skype access.
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,798
    Forum Member
    sorry, are u incapable of reading? do u need large print or in more simple terms?

Making some attempt to be readable would help.

As Ricardodaforce says, when you top up you get 90 days of Skype, so to get free Skype you would need to top up regularly. If you only make the occasional call and text you would find your credit building up. Which you could save for future use.
  • Options
    AVTECHAVTECH Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is obviously yourself that is having reading problems.

As you typed:eek: your reply you should have seen the box immediately above the message box marked POSTING TIPS and coloured red which clearly states
    "- To avoid misunderstandings, please don't use 'txt spk' and try to ensure your post is relatively typo-free. "