Man United Supporters Thread (Part 27)

Comments

• JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    I'm sick of seeing about tonights game full stop.

If I could have, I would have slept since last Sunday and woken up tomorrow and missed it all.

I lay in bed last night thinking would I rather endure tonight or 90 mins of flying through turbulence (which is my biggest scary thing). I went with the turbulence :cry:
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I had tattoos and drank beer, at this stage I'd say something like ....

Man up!
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    I actually feel phyisically sick this morning. I dreamt about it all night last night :(

I went the other way to work to avoid the Etihad - I couldn't face even seeing it.

M was all stressy as well this morning - yesterday I ironed and starched his shirt (he's going to OT straight from work), he'd laid out his Bobby Charlton/George Best cufflinks and his big coat with it being horrendous weather. Naturally today is glorious so instead of just changing the coat he was being stubborn and still put it on. Just had an email saying he's going home in a bit to change it.

Dad has told Mum not to tell him the score til the final whistle. Twice he's rung me when he's out to check our score against Everton in the final minutes and well you can guess how that ended up!!

Strangely I feel the same, my stomach just has a really funny feeling, very nervous. Didn't get to bed till about 4 am and it was one of those ones where you lay in bed tossing and turning, not being able to get to sleep for about an hour. I'm really going to struggle to get through the rest of the day, already feel like pacing up and down the road :cry:

Another Rooney wonder goal would be lovely. Or even a dramatic last second Owen style winner...though I'm not sure I'd still have a beating heart by that time!
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »
    Strangely I feel the same, my stomach just has a really funny feeling, very nervous. Didn't get to bed till about 4 am and it was one of those ones where you lay in bed tossing and turning, not being able to get to sleep for about an hour. I'm really going to struggle to get through the rest of the day, already feel like pacing up and down the road :cry:

Another Rooney wonder goal would be lovely. Or even a dramatic last second Owen style winner...though I'm not sure I'd still have a beating heart by that time!

I don't think I was this nervous on CL Final nights!

My perfect day would end with a Tevez OG to win the game :D
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    What do you mean?? Coming out?? George, Zippy, Bungle and Geoffry were ace. Not to mention, Rod, Jane and Freddy.

I loved Rainbow when I was younger! :D:D:o:o
    I even went on to one of their roadshow tours! :D:o
    And I collected loads of their magazines, I was addicted to that show! :D:D:o
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since today is a very special day, what with it being the day Hitler killed himself,and then my dad being born all on the very same day, I am going out to a birthday lunch with him and my mum to celebrate those facts, so hopefully that will take my mind off of tonight somewhat!
    Forum Member
    Since today is a very special day, what with it being the day Hitler killed himself,and then my dad being born all on the very same day, I am going out to a birthday lunch with him and my mum to celebrate those facts, so hopefully that will take my mind off of tonight somewhat!

Hope you have a lovely day with your dad :)
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    You celebrate Hitler killing himself :confused:
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member

Maybe we can get a sing along at the game going?

Who Do You Think You Are Kidding silly City
    If You Think We're On The Run?
    We Are The Boys Who Will Stop Your Little Game
    We Are The Boys Who Will Make You Think Again
    'Cause Who Do You Think You Are Kidding silly City
    If You Think United's done?

And it's strange Jo, I kinda feel the same way. I was more pumped up than anything else for the CL final last season, whereas today is a completely different feeling...I have faith and confidence...yet mixed in with tonnes of nerves! Terrible combo.
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »
    Maybe we can get a sing along at the game going?

Who Do You Think You Are Kidding silly City
    If You Think We're On The Run?
    We Are The Boys Who Will Stop Your Little Game
    We Are The Boys Who Will Make You Think Again
    'Cause Who Do You Think You Are Kidding silly City
    If You Think United's done?

And it's strange Jo, I kinda feel the same way. I was more pumped up than anything else for the CL final last season, whereas today is a completely different feeling...I have faith and confidence...yet mixed in with tonnes of nerves! Terrible combo.

I keep going over different scenarios - the win, the draw, the loss, the Everton game, the possibility even that we could win the league on Sunday (:eek: :eek: :eek:) - its just all too much for my tiny mind to cope with!!!

CL Final is pretty straightforward with 90 mins to worry about - we win we get a present - we get beat we get sod all. Tonight has just too many outcomes especially with other games to follow.
  • KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    You celebrate Hitler killing himself :confused:

yeah... that's a little weird
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member

Thanks Batdude, sounds strange to be saying that for a personal post as such. I decided to look up my own Birthday, as someone whom I thought I'd shared a birthday with actually I don't thank goodness. However, on looking through, I share a birthday with Geoff Bent. I'd long since been sort of jealous of my best friend for she shares a birthday with Duncan Edwards, but hey ho... Always a little part of me now will wish Geoff a happy birthday on my own day.
    Forum Member
    Kierenj wrote: »
    yeah... that's a little weird

It's not weird at all, only as weird as the UK celebrating the hanging, quartering and then dragging of Guy Fawkes through the streets of London for the last 406 years......
  • zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    I just hope the real Man Utd turn up tonight and not the same united that have lost vital points in recent matches and the same united who flopped in Europe.
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    People celebrate the failure of the gun powder plot, not his death.
  • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    its all going to depend on how we defend tonight i think. Im sure we can score goals there, but if we defend like we did with everton and give them space all over the place they will rip us apart again. If we defend like we did for the 5 games before that we will be ok.

really nervous but i keep telling myself in these games that really matter its not very often we fail. Just hope its another good night tonight
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Batdude, sounds strange to be saying that for a personal post as such. I decided to look up my own Birthday, as someone whom I thought I'd shared a birthday with actually I don't thank goodness. However, on looking through, I share a birthday with Geoff Bent. I'd long since been sort of jealous of my best friend for she shares a birthday with Duncan Edwards, but hey ho... Always a little part of me now will wish Geoff a happy birthday on my own day.

I share my birthday with the brazilian Ronaldo and Alex Stepney.

Today would have been my grandma's birthday. It's John O'Shea's birthday today.
  • MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    I'm extremely nervous for tonight's game.

Especially as it looks like we are going with 1 up front.

Is Toure available for them?
    Forum Member
    its all going to depend on how we defend tonight i think. Im sure we can score goals there, but if we defend like we did with everton and give them space all over the place they will rip us apart again. If we defend like we did for the 5 games before that we will be ok.

really nervous but i keep telling myself in these games that really matter its not very often we fail. Just hope its another good night tonight

I've just looked at the clock and it said 12.12 and you posted at 12.12. Its an omen!!! 1-2?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superstitious moi?!! Yep!

I can't believe just how jittery I am!
    Forum Member
    I just realised, I don't think I've been so giddy before a game since Barca 99. Not that this is any way shape similar, it's just a strange giddy feeling. Thankfully then I was in a bar from god knows what time, trying to forget that I'd phoned in work ill, knowing my Blackburn Rovers supporting head teacher knew where I would be....

Strange how quickly a 24 hour bug can clear up..:D
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just looked at the clock and it said 12.12 and you posted at 12.12. Its an omen!!! 1-2?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superstitious moi?!! Yep!

I can't believe just how jittery I am!

Unless both teams go out for an all out attack?:eek:
    Forum Member
    I just realised, I don't think I've been so giddy before a game since Barca 99. Not that this is any way shape similar, it's just a strange giddy feeling. Thankfully then I was in a bar from god knows what time, trying to forget that I'd phoned in work ill, knowing my Blackburn Rovers supporting head teacher knew where I would be....

Strange how quickly a 24 hour bug can clear up..:D

I remember coming out of the pub afterwards as cars were driving round bibbing their horns with no idea of what time it was. It was like daytime carnival activity but during the night.
    Forum Member
    Unless both teams go out for an all out attack?:eek:

Stop it!! I'm already reaching for the diazepam and a brown paper bag!
    Forum Member
    Stop it!! I'm already reaching for the diazepam and a brown paper bag!

What's in the brown paper bag Jo?
    Forum Member
    What's in the brown paper bag Jo?

:D

I nearly gave OH one this morning - he has panic attacks and nearly had one at the Chelsea home game. I can only imagine what he'll be like tonight!!

I was just contemplating nipping to the Pomona for a swift one to settle me down! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.