Pete: I DID IT FOR MUM

124»

Comments

• bom-jiggybom-jiggy Posts: 15,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dark v1.1 wrote:
    Whatever reasons he wanted to win it, all the others wanted to win as well. I wish them all good luck.

Is it a crime to want to win?

Seems to be in England.

Nice thread BTW.

:D

Ta :D:D:o:p

BTW, of course it's not a crime to want to win. I'm not sure Richard got a lot of criticisms for stating that his main reason for going on BB was to win the cash prize. As for Pete, he can do what he likes but I don't think it's out of place to criticise his sincerity :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have agreed if there hadnt been a couple of other instances over the last week that also disappointed me, namely that he needed to win to prove their was a heaven, and his hiding when Grace came back. Now I know he has problems communicating in ackward situations, but he is a 24 year old man, he didnt need to say anything, but he could have stood next to Ais, like Jenny did, and therefore showing Grace that he wasnt OK with Grace, but instead he choose to hide.

I see your point re hiding. If Pete had the benefit of hindsight in this situation, I wonder how he would choose to react. I use the word "react" because IMO it was purely a "reaction". It was not IMO, a response.

I've got nothing with substance to say with regard to the "heaven thing". Only that as a child I can recall wishing for something that I really wanted and if my wish came true then it meant to me there was a God.

Yes Pete is a 24 year old man. However this 24 year old probably has more baggage than your average 35 year old. Im not mitigating Pete's behaviour, simply trying to be objective.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Popski, I believe Pete would still choose to hide if the situation is played out again. Remember- he doesn't like confrontation! Otherwise, he might have trottled Lea quite early on!
  • micky1micky1 Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bom-jiggy wrote:
    Popski, I believe Pete would still choose to hide if the situation is played out again. Remember- he doesn't like confrontation! Otherwise, he might have trottled Lea quite early on!

what people seem to forget is that Pete was already in bed when Grace came back. So wasnt actually in the room when she can out of the DR And then was in the bath room.

She gave pete the picture from nikki and then went out to have a love fest (for want of a better word ) with Glyn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    doesn't seem to form serious attachments
    rubberband wrote:
    What has the last bit of supposition got to do with anything?
    FYI, I believe Pete has been in two serious longterm relationships. He's 24 years old.

I was judging on what I saw in the house - he did not get 'exclusive' and want to spend all his time with one person. he shied away from people, women, trying to monopolise his time. he came out as independent and not wanting to be exclusive. He didn't seem to have the unqualified enthusiasm for Nikki that she would want - she didn't appear first in his thoughts. On what we saw, he does not like to be tied down ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    micky1 wrote:
    what people seem to forget is that Pete was already in bed when Grace came back. So wasnt actually in the room when she can out of the DR And then was in the bath room.

She gave pete the picture from nikki and then went out to have a love fest (for want of a better word ) with Glyn.

Call myself a BB fan! :eek: Missed this, thanks.

So if the issue/debate on Pete hiding is totally irrelevant have I been sucked in by an Ais fan?
    Entirely my own fault, I should have had my facts straight in the first place. :o

StreetwiseAis, do you think you might be able to give Pete the benefit of the doubt now?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem I have with Pete is that he did everything possible to gain the sympathy of the voting public and his fellow HMs. He openly stated several times that he'd like to pay off his mother's mortgage as a thank you for all she'd given up for him - if that's not blatant, I don't know what is. As for that 'friend from heaven' drivel - give me strength and pass the sick bucket.

All anyone has to do to win a future BB is keep on telling everyone that they'd give their winnings to the starving of Africa or Cancer Research and they'll be guaranteed to come first.
  • streetwise Aisstreetwise Ais Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popski wrote:
    I see your point re hiding. If Pete had the benefit of hindsight in this situation, I wonder how he would choose to react. I use the word "react" because IMO it was purely a "reaction". It was not IMO, a response.

I've got nothing with substance to say with regard to the "heaven thing". Only that as a child I can recall wishing for something that I really wanted and if my wish came true then it meant to me there was a God.

Yes Pete is a 24 year old man. However this 24 year old probably has more baggage than your average 35 year old. Im not mitigating Pete's behaviour, simply trying to be objective.

Fair enough, after all we can only offer our own take on things, and I appreciate your point about a child might say that, but, like you say, he isnt a child.
    I just think and maybe its unfair, but you (general you) tend to get more dissappointed with someone who you see them one way then believe that you have been "conned", whereas someone like Grace, you knew where you were.
    I just felt a bit conned by him in the last 10 days, hope I'm wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    popski wrote:

So if the issue/debate on Pete hiding is totally irrelevant have I been sucked in by an Ais fan?
    Entirely my own fault, I should have had my facts straight in the first place. :o

StreetwiseAis, do you think you might be able to give Pete the benefit of the doubt now?

Pete did hide in the toilet while Grace was there. This was shown in the highlights.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pete did hide in the toilet while Grace was there. This was shown in the highlights.

...and of course the highlights are not edited are they, they show the full story :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    popski wrote:
    ...and of course the highlights are not edited are they, they show the full story :eek: :eek: :eek:

So you seriously think they'd have deliberately edited it so St Pete looked bad? People howl with derision whenever Ash fans say she was badly edited and claim this doesn't happen, so....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    popski wrote:

It was also covered on the whatm "live" thread :cool:
  • streetwise Aisstreetwise Ais Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popski wrote:

no sorry he was in the bathroom when she came in, and she went nto the bedroom to give him the pic. She talked to him and told him she had something from Nikki for him and would leave it on his bed whilst he was still in the bathroom where he stayed until she went off into the garden with Glyn. Pete then after a bit returned to the bedroom where he stayed for a few minutes before going back and staying in the bathroom till she left.

Like I said I dont have a problem that he didnt have a go at her, but he is a 24 year old man and should be able to stand up and at least show by standing by Ais and Jennie that he agreed with them. I doubt if people would be so understanding if a 24 year old man without tourettes had done the same. Personally (and I know I'm biased) I think Ais is the only one who treated Pete as an adult, rather than a child that needed protection.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you seriously think they'd have deliberately edited it so St Pete looked bad? People howl with derision whenever Ash fans say she was badly edited and claim this doesn't happen, so....

I'm being objective! :o
  • micramicra Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ais is the only one who treated Pete as an adult, rather than a child that needed protection.
    Good point, I would say a lot of the people on here treated/treat him in the same way (as a child that needs protection).
  • Crystal321Crystal321 Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    The Spoon wrote:
    doesn't seem to form serious attachments

I was judging on what I saw in the house - he did not get 'exclusive' and want to spend all his time with one person. he shied away from people, women, trying to monopolise his time. he came out as independent and not wanting to be exclusive. He didn't seem to have the unqualified enthusiasm for Nikki that she would want - she didn't appear first in his thoughts. On what we saw, he does not like to be tied down ;)

I don't believe Nikki wanted his unqualified enthusiasm. The main reason I thought Nikki and Pete were good together was that they had time together but also gave each other space. I don't think Nikki needed to be around him all the time - unlike Lea.