Options

Surely Misha stole the show last night?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I missed it last night so just catched up on YouTube.

Have read some threads here and looked at the best poll results.

Suprised that Misha has not got the credit she deserved. I reckon that was Misha's best performance so far. Great vocals. Haven't liked her before but she was the best last night for me.

Amelia was very good but I thought the vocals a bit West End and my attention began to wander towards the end. A bit dull.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's because she's rubbish and sounds like a waste disposal unit being clogged up by a toilet made of lead.
  • Options
    BurketteBurkette Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kablamo wrote: »
    I think it's because she's rubbish and sounds like a waste disposal unit being clogged up by a toilet made of lead.

Yes you Kitty loon we know what you think.
    That was my best performance from Misha right up there with Rolling in the Deep. Her vocals were good, she gave an animated performance and moved around the stage well, I really enjoyed it. Amelia was also good and they were the best of the night.
  • Options
    ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    I don't like Misha's sledgehammer style of singing, it hurts my ears.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she started well but as soon as she got to the up-tempo part it was back to the same old Misha blandness.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    She didn't steal the show. She mugged it.
  • Options
    icefallicefall Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    She was amazing, really grooved to her, if she ended up in the bottom 2 this week it would be a travesty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Burkette wrote: »
    Yes you Kitty loon we know what you think.
    That was my best performance from Misha right up there with Rolling in the Deep. Her vocals were good, she gave an animated performance and moved around the stage well, I really enjoyed it. Amelia was also good and they were the best of the night.

Oh right. I thought so. You don't want to believe the conspiracy around Misha because you think she can sing when it's very clear that she can't and sounds a lot like a metal recycling plant during rush season.
  • Options
    BurketteBurkette Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misha sang the song very well, people who always claim Misha just shouts want to stereotype her. Her vocals are much more controlled and steady now and even Tulisa had to admit vocally it was one of her best performances.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phjt_PpA4qg
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    You must be joking she ranked second worst of the night, behind Janet, in my opinion. But I do believe that she was set up to try and make Amelia look and sound better than she actually is, they tried to set Kitty up too but failed when Kitty hit it out of the park.
  • Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    It wasn't a great song for her - I hate Gaga's stuff anyway - I didn't think she had the vocal range to carry it off. She started out great and by the middle I'm getting slightly bored by the whole thing. I think she would do better as a studio recording artist, if she had good songs written for her and teamed up with a rapper she could do very well though I can't imagine wanting to sit through a Misha concert though ... On a plus note it was nice to see her looking so happy and confident ...
  • Options
    goldieloxgoldielox Posts: 8,425
    Forum Member
    She was flawless, as she usually is....but last night Amelia stole the show.

And Mischa's stying was, again as usual, awful. She looked like a "Trekkie" last night in that hideous blue smock.
  • Options
    plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    galena wrote: »
    It wasn't a great song for her - I hate Gaga's stuff anyway - I didn't think she had the vocal range to carry it off. She started out great and by the middle I'm getting slightly bored by the whole thing. I think she would do better as a studio recording artist, if she had good songs written for her and teamed up with a rapper she could do very well though I can't imagine wanting to sit through a Misha concert though ... On a plus note it was nice to see her looking so happy and confident ...

Yes but her future may be more as a recording backing singer and solid support for the infill duet you suggest. She's simply is not distinctive enough, whereas Rebecca Ferguson in example is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right up there with Amelia and Craig.

Not her best performance, its getting in that dangerzone where it is starting to feel samy samy.

It would be good to see just Misha and the song performing, no big production, lots of dancers etc. maybe just get a ballard and sing her heart out.....she is very good in the M&S advert, would love it if she does something like that....
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I thought she was good, but I would have preferred it just her, no dancers etc, and singing the acoustic version of the song all the way through.
    The start was very good :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was better last night than a lot of weeks, but still not really up there with the best.

Im surprised she is as low in the polls as she is - but lets face it thoses polls are very rarely a reflection of the actual performances - more of how many people like them regardless of those performances.

I thought Mish was 3rd last night, behind amelia (great performance given the timescale she had to work with) and Little Mix (still need to tighten the harmonies, but solo singers dont have to contend with that so unless there dreadful I tend to give a little leeway there.)
  • Options
    vodkamargarinevodkamargarine Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kablamo wrote: »

:D:D:D Thanks for that, just spat out my tea!! Wholeheartedly agree tho!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Amelia steal the show last night? A few people think she will win it now.
  • Options
    MiHMiH Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, she probably had one of her weakest weeks didn't she? Quite predictable and shaky at times. Every time she has a week like that I suspect she'll be bottom two and I wouldn't be surprised to see it this week. Her or Marcus the "shock" alongside Kitty.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Misha was great !
    She's the only one that properly holds my attention every week.
    I do like Craig ,Amelia and Marcus though so we'll see what happens tonight.
  • Options
    simonb65simonb65 Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    My view is that whatever genre of song she sings, she always seems to bring it back into her comfort zone and sing it in a soul style which gets a bit boring after a while.
  • Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    simonb65 wrote: »
    My view is that whatever genre of song she sings, she always seems to bring it back into her comfort zone and sing it in a soul style which gets a bit boring after a while.

I tend to agree with that. I usually tune out somewhere round the middle of all of her songs.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    I thought Misha was the best performance of the night ... until Amelia sang.

Misha is still my personal favourite but last night belonged to Amelia.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Agree, Misha was good but Amelia was fantastic last night :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amiela stole the show misha needs to sing something different because she is getting predictable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    It was the best performance of the night, but not Misha's best performance of the series.