Options

Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    tabitha2tabitha2 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    astor wrote: »
    Oh - and by the way- much as you detest Liz and " her dreadful excuse for acceptable journalism" presumably you do realise she's one of the highest paid journalists in the UK. With a massive following of people just like you.

I reckon you'd never see Liz and Astor in the same room.
  • Options
    dingdongwitchdingdongwitch Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    tabitha2 wrote: »

Indeed :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Oh - and by the way- much as you detest Liz and " her dreadful excuse for acceptable journalism" presumably you do realise she's one of the highest paid journalists in the UK. With a massive following of people just like you.

Yes the high priestess and what to aspire to as a journalist....eat your heart out John Pilger....NOT. What a sad indictment of UK journalism and one of the many reasons she annoys me!!! Earning huge amounts of money for deliberately being controversial and hypocritical ...what a great example for any aspiring journalist. Really can't fathom the editor of the DM allowing her to publish the rubbish she submits as articles....one day on anorexia the next castigating women's body shapes. One day castigating horse racing the next earning money reporting from Ascot. A diary full of made up nonsense...wouldn't mind if it was in any way interesting but she can't even manage to make fiction engaging. Says she slept every night with Squeaky yet we all know she lives mostly in London. Today it's making money out of her Mother's misery...this from someone who admits freely that she has other priorities more pressing than visiting her. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    CyanideCindyCyanideCindy Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    greeneyes wrote: »
    Yes the high priestess and what to aspire to as a journalist....eat your heart out John Pilger....NOT. What a sad indictment of UK journalism and one of the many reasons she annoys me!!! Earning huge amounts of money for deliberately being controversial and hypocritical ...what a great example for any aspiring journalist. Really can't fathom the editor of the DM allowing her to publish the rubbish she submits as articles....one day on anorexia the next castigating women's body shapes. One day castigating horse racing the next earning money reporting from Ascot. A diary full of made up nonsense...wouldn't mind if it was in any way interesting but she can't even manage to make fiction engaging. Says she slept every night with Squeaky yet we all know she lives mostly in London. Today it's making money out of her Mother's misery...this from someone who admits freely that she has other priorities more pressing than visiting her. :rolleyes:

And who stated in her Diary column that she can't find the time to even phone her mum.
  • Options
    kareena46kareena46 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    YAAAAWWWWNNNN. :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    18th June:
    Update on charity fund grand total of £911:D

24th June: Update on charity fund grand total of..... £911 :o ... C'mon folks, take pity on those poor old donkeys at least!
  • Options
    lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    18th June:

24th June: Update on charity fund grand total of..... £911 :o ... C'mon folks, take pity on those poor old donkeys at least!

:eek:That's no way to talk about one of the highest-paid journalists in the UK!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, Lozenger :o. Though in my defence, I did refrain from making tasteless references to old nags and the knackers yard... [oops!]
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    :eek:That's no way to talk about one of the highest-paid journalists in the UK!!

PMSL

Of course, anyone who really cares about the donkeys (and their owners - one of the nice things about Brooke is they help the donkey and the owner and understand the needs of both - unlike Liz judging by the awful piece she did on their behalf a couple of years ago) can donate directly.
  • Options
    Mommie DearestMommie Dearest Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    kareena46 wrote: »
    YAAAAWWWWNNNN. :sleep:

judging by your previous posts, I'm guessing that this was directed at us. Is this the best response that Liz "fans" can come up with? and if you find us boring, then don't read the thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today it's making money out of her Mother's misery...this from someone who admits freely that she has other priorities more pressing than visiting her. :rolleyes:
    I stopped reading here:
    But I don’t want Mum to suffer any longer. She has no quality of life. I no longer know what to do or think for the best. So let me tell you what I did for my 24-year-old cat, Squeaky....
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tabitha2 wrote: »

Oh, I think you might... in a zen sense. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every morning I look in the mirror and hear the tirade: ‘God, you’re ugly. Look at those bags, that bony nose and double chin. It’s a wonder anybody can stand the sight of you. Put some make-up on, and do it fast.’
    = Shona Sibary paying the school fees/rent, whilst having a pop at Samantha Brick. We're all in this together, sisters ! :rolleyes:......
  • Options
    lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If this is true astor, why is she drowning in debt and struggling to make ends meet?
  • Options
    cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a trailer for This Morning today; Liz was going to be a guest (discussing anorexia I think). Did anyone see the show? I'd be interested to see what sort of a reception she got from the hosts; she was extremely rude about Holly Willoughby after her last appearance! I'm surprised she (Liz) can bring herself to face people after insulting them in print!
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cathrin wrote: »
    I saw a trailer for This Morning today; Liz was going to be a guest (discussing anorexia I think). Did anyone see the show? I'd be interested to see what sort of a reception she got from the hosts; she was extremely rude about Holly Willoughby after her last appearance! I'm surprised she (Liz) can bring herself to face people after insulting them in print!

I've recorded it today and I'm just starting to watch it now but Holly definitely has a bit more cleavage on display than usual - me thinks Holly got that 'sweaty cleavage' out on purpose after Liz's last catty remark :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's pretty much just rehashing what she said in the Mail article on it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2162287/Why-women-starve-MUST-force-fed.html

Brought her mother into it to prove it's not a 'Right to Die' issue but that the anorexic person could make a full recovery so should be saved from themselves really. It actually shocks me but I think she spoke alot of sense.

But then of course she had to go an ruin it saying one of the phobia's anorexia has left her with is that she couldn't look in the mirror in the make up room. But would someone who can't even bear to look at themselves REALLY allow themselves to be photographed so often for articles in the paper, appear on the TV etc?

I hate to be cruel though but her face is very strange. Nothing moves apart from the eyes and the mouth. And she really should cover those ears up!

*saucer of milk for lotty!*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The brass neck of this woman! She's having another go at Holly (and other women) for tweeting themselves 'au natural' saying they're letting down the sisterhood or other such tripe. She's just sat across the sofa from Holly on This Morning too! It will serve her right if she's never invited back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2165732/Holly-Willoughby-Betraying-women-going-barefaced-Says-Liz-Jones-says-real-feminists-trowel-make-up.html

I wonder if Holly represents everything she'd like to be or have had? Loving husband, two kids and a confident in her own skin - Holly's never felt the need to have her breasts 'cut off' has she? And let's not forget, she's young and very attractive.

Saucer of milk of Liz methinks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    The brass neck of this woman! She's having another go at Holly (and other women) for tweeting themselves 'au natural' saying they're letting down the sisterhood or other such tripe. She's just sat across the sofa from Holly on This Morning too! It will serve her right if she's never invited back..
    Well she can't insult the Exmoor locals any more, and ooh, the mileage to be gained from anticipated on-screen spats with other female media figures! If women in general actually took notice of mad Lizzie & Shona, we'd never be able to leave home without wearing brown paper bags/burqas. Ps- We all really really hate each other, too :rolleyes:
  • Options
    cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "These women are the ultimate playground bullies: they know men hate make-up (my husband used to say I was like a moth, leaving dark smudges on him in my wake), so they pretend they need no help."

Playground bullies? How does she make the leap from not wearing make-up to being a playground bully? I suggest she looks up the word "bully", which is far more appropriate for people who shout at receptionists and make cruel sniping remarks about other people's weight/cleavage/hair loss. Or people who sit in someone's reserved seat and then snap and snarl at them when they object.

Holly really seems to push her buttons for some reason, ditto Kirsty Allsopp. Curvy, sunny-natured women in happy relationships with partners who love them and/or kids.

....And I do wish she'd stop presenting herself and her own views/neuroses as representative of women in general. Liz, you are a one-off. You do NOT speak for the rest of us!
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a tweet from Philip Schofield about half an hour ago

Phillip Schofield‏@Schofe

I swear there can be no greater force against all womankind than Liz Jones. She is inconsistent, bitter, nasty and unhinged.

Expand Reply
    Retweet

Favorite
  • Options
    Paula PanzerPaula Panzer Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Jealously is oozing from her every powdered pore. Liz, we all grow older; the young can generally get away without using make-up. The older ones of us choose either to present our own faces, flaws and all, or spend time and money on surgery, botox, make-up and everything else that tells the world we're scared to show our real faces to everyone. For me, surgery isn't an option - if I had the money I wouldn't want to take the risks that go with it - botox is poison, so no thanks and anyway I like my features to be able to move, and make-up is reserved for work and social occasions when I feel the need to look as if I've made an effort. If you can't show your own naked face to your nearest and dearest, or the people in the corner shop, you're living a sad life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL!!! and she was sat on the sofa yesterday??? with them.
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    What a pointlessly nasty article.

She truly is a troll.
This discussion has been closed.