Beyoncé is pregnant with Baby #2!

Comments

• CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely I have, that's my whole point. I hear this god-awful cliche wheeled out by the media ad nauseam and have yet to fathom what it actually means.

As far as I can decipher, it means a female celebrity who is frequently pictured doing seemingly 'normal' things with her offspring whilst wearing 'normal' clothes and cracking 'normal' facial expressions. See also Halle Berry, Heidi Klum, Jennifer Garner, etc.

In other words it could be used to encompass any celebrity parent bar Victoria Beckham. Or indeed, any parent at all who doesn't have a bevvy of nannies, hired help and designer togs at their disposal.

We have no idea whether, behind the cameras, a woman is a so-called 'earth mother' or not. I'm willing to bet that every celeb has at least one nanny and we don't have a CLUE which of these ladies has 'embraced motherhood wholeheartedly' or in fact struggled with PND, feelings of regret, etc etc.

That's why the phrase 'earth mother' is stoopid.

:sleep:

:yawn: indeed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    If she is, congratulations to them both. I kind of went along with the rumours with her first pregnancy, but having seen her in her documentary I don't believe them any longer.
    As for being compared to a soldier - Beyonce has never claimed to be brave, but she is a strong woman and a role model. Pregnancy isn't an easy process (no, neither is war), and dancing as hard as she does on a world tour every ngiht will undoubtedly be difficult at times. There's no need to attack her when another FM said so!
    I wish her all the luck for this second baby - it's her third pregnancy, and I don't blame her if she is taking her time to announce it.
  • livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes.

Compare her to those on the front line in Afghanistan; people undergoing gruelling treatment for life threatening illnesses and people trying to change social injustice in the 3rd world, and a spoilt, egotistical diva who will have every comfort thrown at her whilst earning $100,0000,0000000000000 per second for miming to a few records IS SO BRAVE.

This, she bores me stupid.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    workhorse wrote: »
    do ye know something I don't ?

Cue the next round of spurrilous rumours and conspiracy theories.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vile pair
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    If she is, congratulations to them both. I kind of went along with the rumours with her first pregnancy, but having seen her in her documentary I don't believe them any longer.
    As for being compared to a soldier - Beyonce has never claimed to be brave, but she is a strong woman and a role model

Role model for whom? I like my role models not to be known by shaking their bootie while dancing half naked and asking men to put a ring on it.
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Viridiana wrote: »
    Role model for whom? I like my role models not to be known by shaking their bootie while dancing half naked and asking men to put a ring on it.

Did you watch her documentary? The person she portrays on stage is a character - Sasha Fierce - (much like Keith Lemon etc) in reality she is a family girl with strong morals and a bloody good attitude towards life. She is certainly a role model in my eyes. I was always indifferent towards her until I watched her documentary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, she is laughing at the "low life people" talking about her alleged pregnancy:

"all I can do is sit back and laugh at these low life people who have nothing better to do than talk about me."

Taken from her instagram acc:
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/18/article-0-19D857CE000005DC-713_634x634.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2326463/Beyonc-posts-defensive-online-note-pregnancy-rumours-kick-high-gear.html
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you had to wait at least 2 years between pregnancies if you had a c-section.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    NII 88 wrote: »

I imagine that is more for the people who have been slating her song 'bow down' because it is offensive to women.

I suppose creating a story with no evidence at all is what that paper is about.
  • da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NII 88 wrote: »

The picture was never uploaded on Beyonce's instagram. It's a fake. Usual lies from Daily Fail.

Pandora 9 wrote: »
    I thought you had to wait at least 2 years between pregnancies if you had a c-section.

c-section story was a rumour which was quickly dismissed.
    Link
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    da3bool wrote: »
    The picture was never uploaded on Beyonce's instagram. It's a fake. Usual lies from Daily Fail.

Looks like TMZ attributed the quote to Beyonce's instagram before the DM:
    http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/18/beyonce-pregnancy-rumors/
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there's a blind thead on a site called blind gossip about a celeb couple who used a surragate for their first baby.
    and are now using another and the celebrity mother is also pregnant at the same time i'm not saying it's her for definite.
    but whoever it is sounds interesting.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Did you watch her documentary? The person she portrays on stage is a character - Sasha Fierce - (much like Keith Lemon etc) in reality she is a family girl with strong morals and a bloody good attitude towards life. She is certainly a role model in my eyes. I was always indifferent towards her until I watched her documentary.

Possibly.

But it's a shame she's married to a man who routinely refers to women as 'bitches' and espouses hanging out with his ni***s. Meanwhile, she talks a lot of guff about 'independence' and 'empowerment'. & please don't tell me that he is playing a character....
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair play to her for building an entire career round an arse (not her husband, although...)
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Can we ignore all the surrogate stuff for a minute and start making guesses at the baby's name?
    I guess Purple Royale.

(Why I don't know)
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Possibly.

But it's a shame she's married to a man who routinely refers to women as 'bitches' and espouses hanging out with his ni***s. Meanwhile, she talks a lot of guff about 'independence' and 'empowerment'. & please don't tell me that he is playing a character....

I couldn't have said it better myself.

And a character?! Please, she's been sprouting her idea of "empowerment" , while still presenting herself as a mysogynist rapper wet dream from the start. Who the hell wants to see kiddies on the playground dancing like her because she positioned herself as a role model?

A role model is someone like Rosa Parks, not some overpriveleged celebrity singing about being bootylicious. She did not contribute a thing to dispel stereotypes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

And a character?! Please, she's been sprouting her idea of "empowerment" , while still presenting herself as a mysogynist rapper wet dream from the start. Who the hell wants to see kiddies on the playground dancing like her because she positioned herself as a role model?

A role model is someone like Rosa Parks, not some overpriveleged celebrity singing about being bootylicious. She did not contribute a thing to dispel stereotypes.

I like the fact you put that in your post. However it's sad that a lot of young people today wouldn't even know who that is :(
  • poshnoshposhnosh Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyonce is pregnant with baby.

What else is she going to be pregant with???
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    whether is was a surrogate or not they will see the children have a good life with hopefully loving parents..well hope they do
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    poshnosh wrote: »
    Beyonce is pregnant with baby.

What else is she going to be pregant with???

It's says 'baby number 2'.
  • MarleyBMarleyB Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whats this one gonna be called pink meddow
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    fizzle90 wrote: »

Nothing wrong with being a little schizo...... :rolleyes:
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    I like the fact you put that in your post. However it's sad that a lot of young people today wouldn't even know who that is :(

Yeah, so, she didn't want ppl. to tell her where to sit on a bus. I don't like ppl. telling me where to sit. So why does that make her some kind of hero?

;);)
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly.
    Meanwhile, she talks a lot of guff about 'independence' and 'empowerment'. & please don't tell me that he is playing a character....

I like Beyonce as a pop star, but I agree with you. I find Beyonce's constant talk of 'empowerment' and other celebs OTT 'Beyonce's an inspiration' praise a bit odd. Yes, she's a good pop star. And a pop star who clearly throws everything into it and works hard at everything she does. I can totally see why she's an inspiration to wannabe popstars... but an inspiration to women in general? I'm not sure how she is tbh. :o