Options

Netflix

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
Forum Member
My Tivo updated overnight and Netflix is available, the screens are so much better now as well.

Comments

• Options
    virginskyfanvirginskyfan Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jambu wrote: »
    My Tivo updated overnight and Netflix is available, the screens are so much better now as well.

Can you post a couple of screenshots for us?
  • Options
    acoolwelshblokeacoolwelshbloke Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I smell bullshit!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I smell bullshit!

Why do you.
  • Options
    drabbledrabble Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do you.

Indeed, Manchester was announced today in addition to the other pilot areas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    drabble wrote: »

Thanks for letting me know.Would imagine it won't be long for all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    drabble wrote: »

I have often thought Digital Spy should be called Digital Cynic:D
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just cant waif for it to be released nation wide
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just cant waif for it to be released nation wide

Yep.Just hope it's worth the wait!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have no reason to "bullshit" anyone. I have had a good play with it tonight and am very impressed. The HD is far better on Netflix than on the normal HD channels although it does say that the broadcast is in SuperHD. I'm no techy but it obviously improves things. When pressing the info button it shows the speed and the SuperHD kicks in at about 4mbs @ 1080p. Prior to this is starts in SD, then 720HD until eventually reaching the maximum after a minute or so.
  • Options
    whohasmynameukwhohasmynameuk Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to Netflix coming to vm so I can reduce the internet use age I use watching it on the computer. Only downside would be that I generally watch the American version.

I wonder if one Netflix sub covers one box or if you could access it on a couple of boxes?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can you post a couple of screenshots for us?

I am sorry but I have no idea how to post screenshots onto here. Is there a way to attach them to a posting?
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to Netflix coming to vm so I can reduce the internet use age I use watching it on the computer. Only downside would be that I generally watch the American version.

I wonder if one Netflix sub covers one box or if you could access it on a couple of boxes?

You can log in on as many devices as possible but you can only stream on 2 devices at a time, however you can pay more a month to stream on 4 devices at a time
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    TiVo updated last night. Netflix app is there. Currently watching 'Super 8' in HD. Looks excellent. It is comparable with Dolby 5.1 too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jambu wrote: »
    I am sorry but I have no idea how to post screenshots onto here. Is there a way to attach them to a posting?

Don't worry.Thanks for letting us know anyway
  • Options
    whohasmynameukwhohasmynameuk Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    You can log in on as many devices as possible but you can only stream on 2 devices at a time, however you can pay more a month to stream on 4 devices at a time

I didn't know you could stream on 2 devices at the same time, cheers ocav.
  • Options
    ozsatozsat Posts: 5,744
    Forum Member
    I think Netflix offer up to 4 devides for a couple more £. But usually two is fine.

You can register loads of devices on the same account - it is only the simultaneuous playback which is limited to two devices.
  • Options
    tosha43tosha43 Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I've just my update today, I'm in Middlesbrough
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tosha43 wrote: »
    I've just my update today, I'm in Middlesbrough

Thanks for sharing the info
  • Options
    Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 new areas added to the netflix trial today

Teesside (Stockton), Avon (Bristol) and Croydon
  • Options
    Toby53Toby53 Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just switched on and apps gone up to 27, all crappy games though
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    I'm always intrigued by Netflix. Except I wonder what they have to hide (ie do they only show old programmes/films)

As a layman I haven't yet found a way of finding out what's on unless I subscribe.

Which I won't do until I can find what's on. Catch 22.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    watching Netflix in Croydon. Making the HDMI cable I bought at the weekend to connect my laptop somewhat redundant!
  • Options
    Tavis75Tavis75 Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    I'm always intrigued by Netflix. Except I wonder what they have to hide (ie do they only show old programmes/films)

As a layman I haven't yet found a way of finding out what's on unless I subscribe.

Which I won't do until I can find what's on. Catch 22.

Yep, the films are generally older, mostly things that have been out on DVD for 6 months plus and a lot of the TV is older stuff, but they do have some stuff that is brand new i.e. Breaking Bad or exclusive stuff they've created themselves such as series 4 of Arrested Development.

They offer a free months trial that you can easily cancel so you can sign up and see what's available without paying anything, in fact, if you do it through a cash-back site you could even get paid to check it out!
  • Options
    ToenToen Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan II used to have a Dansette record player), I digress.
    Look here
    http://netflixukcompletelist.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I looked at Netflix a couple of years ago, and wasn't really impressed at all.

But recently its getting a lot better now that's its investing money in some excellent tv drama like House of Cards and their new one Orange is the New Black, which is excellent.

Might not keep it long term, but definitely worth it just now for those, and a few other series we missed along the way.