The Blacklist season 1 (US pace)

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no. If the Alchemist can make people look like other people then it looks like there will be doppelgangers in high places.
    Makes you wonder why the agent wanted him dead and allowed him to be shot.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no. If the Alchemist can make people look like other people then it looks like there will be doppelgangers in high places.
    Makes you wonder why the agent wanted him dead and allowed him to be shot.

He can't do it perfectly though, only base DNA and dental records. I doubt there will be a doppelganger plot as it would be too contrived.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else think that the govenor coukd be the mole? Or maybe even reds body guard. ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL thanks momcatjudy! :) I think Harold might be our third mole, that Meera works alongside. If it is, either Meera is leading Red to a patsy or is helping him because she knows she would be dead. So essentially she's a dead woman walking. Fitch was the mastermind on the attack on the blacksite bankrolled by that Harry fella and I don't think Diane is aware that he was behind it. Ditto on the borrowed time Judy!!

As soon as I saw Ressler running back to Audrey, I just knew in my mind this isn't going to end well. Maybe Audrey is a plant from Fitch or third unknown party? Ressler knows what Red has shared so far, so by having Audrey pursue him romantically he will be more reluctant to open up to her. I think someone is using his Achilles Heel (Audrey) for their own benefit.

Let's talk about Jolene, what are the chances Jolene is in fact Lucy Brooks that Red looked up on ViCAP? Explains why he handed over The Alchemist, so he can get the list of names, that Lucy was on. Jolene has a criminal past, because The Alchemist helps criminals. By the sounds of things she's actually a honey trap of somesort?. She has a file on Tom, may be instrumental in exposing Tom's true nature? Also someone made a reference to the song Jolene, the lyrics are a foreshadowing of who Jolene is?

They really need to give us a nugget with Tom already!!

I don't know if I could wait another week for an episode, then 2 weeks for the remainder!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    postit wrote: »
    Oh don't you just hate coming to the end of an episode, knowing you'll have to wait a whole week for another?

Don't know how I'm going to cope come haitus :cry:

Me either. But at the end of an episode I do like :) go back and watch it again, perhaps several times, just to be sure I am catching all of the nuiances the writters in this craft and trade have put into the script; along with the actors who have then breathed into their character a facet of their own soul.

As to hiatus? I am counting on "24" To Live Another Day, lawdy, lawdy I love Jack Bauer :p which starts May 5th on Fox regular broadcasting, to pick up the slack for me, :cry: and boy if it doesn't I may just have to take my "bankie" go off in a corner somewhere so I can sit down and suck my thumb! :( And believe me being over 70 and physically handicapped that ain't no easy feat to accomplish!!!:D :D So "24" better come through big time!!!
    Forum Member
    Oh my goodness sam_h786 that red meat thinking of yours on this last show truly is deserving of the Alchemist in me turning it into "Death By Chocolate" and a good cup of coffee so I can savour it all while I ponder it some!

All of that insight in one watching! :o I am impressed! As I've shared with Postit at the end of an episode I do like :) go back and watch it again, perhaps several times, just to be sure I am catching all of the nuiances the writters in this craft and trade have put into the script; along with the actors who have then breathed into their character a facet of their own soul.

Red is playing so many angles that from a distance he must throw a shadow that looks like a pentagram! You may well be right on Harold because my eyebrow ;-) has gone up on him a couple of times; but frankly Diane has my attention also :confused:. She was just too sure of herself when refusing to give the name to Harry/Alan Alda as the fig leaf he thought he needed to go into the congressional meeting. If I were playing poker with him :cool: I'd call his bluff a time or two just to see how much substance he's got behind all of that bravado he was dishing out to Red about he and his shadow group being Omni-Present! Hmmm? Shades of the 90's TV series Babylon 5 with Zahadoom, the Vorlons, Shadows, and Psy-Corps! But I digress. :(

Seems to me there is a country song about Jolene, I've only been in Texas going on 4 years, but did spend 35+ in North Caroline. But either way she ain't (and I use the word purposely) music to Tom's life by any means. Does she do Red's dirty work of exposing the skeleton's in Tom's closet to Lizzie? Or some other kind of blackmail in his future? Definetly a "Somebody Done Me Wrong" song coming down the pike for him.

Last week Ressler is barely walking with a cane when he sits down with the little boy at the morgue and this week there is no cane and he's able to run! Not logical, and believe me I know about legs, canes, pain and physical therapy! >:( But moving on, back atchya with the dittos and make them applicable to Audrey. I see her as a bit of a gold digger, but geez Louise you'd think she would realize that a federal employee like Ressler is a certain level of "fools gold" when it comes to living the opulent life style!:o I suspect she could get used to. I sure hope she isn't some sort of sicko black widow!

Ever Onward! Momcatjudy :kitty:
    Forum Member
    Opppss, Sam! I had missed your reference to the song about Jolene :>( Refresh my mind on that please. Country? Oldies but Goodies? Was busy with NCIS tonight and didn't get the chance to go back and rewatch this show.

The file on Tom? Did Red give it to her, or was that the doctored one that the FBI had on him?? If the alchemist had it how did he get it? Hmmm? I realize I am thinking out loud in the form of asking questions to myself; but feel free to jump in here if you've got answers. Need to put that on my list of things to do, re-watch Monday's episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol, Judy thats quite the analogy! Thanks for the compliment :) Don't blame you for going back and watching the episode again to pick up on clues. I do it aswell. I love to discuss and ponder the show with everyone on here. Sometimes you forget that you need to constantly be thinking on your feet and piece information together. Haha, Red is a well written character full of many layers and facets that make him such an interesting character that you could almost do a study on Reddington. I think one of the things on the show that bug me is the lack of back stories behind the other characters such as Meera, Aram and Harold. Atleast with the back story of characters, you can connect with them although Aram made me chuckle with his line on Phylis lol and his geeky nature is endearing. I thought the whole Ressler chasing Audrey was out of the blue and not worked into the story properly. Ressler and Liz are usually talking business, since when did they become friends that he discusses his ex with Liz?

Since the team was being surveillanced and knew no one would bat an eyelid at the seniors such as Harold so therefore he could get away with it. I could be wrong. Fitch seems to be a superior of some sorts to Diane, the way he spoke to her about how his head is on the line, that he had to give answers to congress. Good point Judy, however I think Fitch has some major power in Congress and is well connected with shady people in high places, I don't think Diane would dare cross him and face his wrath. She looked very startled when she was told there was surveillance on her and promptly wanted Harold to search for Red. Also, Red seemed a little scared (maybe it was the high dose of adrenline he was given) said that he hasn't told the FBI anything, this man could have killed Red anytime. As great as it would be to have Fitch get a taste of his own medicine, I don't think its going to happen.

Here are the lyrics to Dolly Parton's song "Jolene"

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
    I'm begging of you please don't take my man
    Please don't take him just because you can
    Your beauty is beyond compare
    With flaming locks of auburn hair
    With ivory skin and eyes of emerald green

Your smile is like a breath of spring
    Your voice is soft like summer rain
    And I cannot compete with you, Jolene

He talks about you in his sleep
    There's nothing I can do to keep
    From crying when he calls your name, Jolene

And I can easily understand
    How you could easily take my man
    But you don't know what he means to me, Jolene

Please don't take him just because you can

You could have your choice of men
    But I could never love again
    He's the only one for me, Jolene

I had to have this talk with you
    My happiness depends on you
    And whatever you decide to do, Jolene

Please don't take him even though you can
    Jolene, Jolene

I don't think Jolene is doing Red's dirty work, Red wants to find her as she most likely will be Lucy Brooks. When he looked up Lucy Brooks on ViCAP, Red says to Harold that she will be useful/good to both Harold and Red. I do think she is a one woman army that will be instrumental in exposing Tom. She could have hired someone to get information on Tom and what appears to be blue prints of the house. I won't be surprised Judy if thats the case with Tom, like Meera he had no choice but to partake.

Tom knew how busy she gets with work and should have known Liz would be late. He should know by now! I guess its naivety on Tom's part. Tom took Jolene's advice, which he would have been reluctant with at first and said yes to dinner with Liz. Jolene probably knew Liz wouldn't turn up or something, then Tom would take up her offer for the exhibition. Jolene is going to be a dangerous admirer of Tom's.

The timeline appears to be off with the show, Ressler nearly had his leg blasted to smithreens and surely, that would take time to heal up. Although I did notice a slight limp when he came in and sat down to have dinner with Audrey. To be fair Judy, the man she left was an investment banker I think? Then, money wouldn't be the motivation to run back to Ressler. I can see Liz and Tom's marriage crumbling further, Jolene seducing Tom, Liz confides in Ressler, he gives her a shoulder to lean on and develops feelings for him. Ressler will get heartbroken by Audrey, chances are she's one of Fitch's plants (as I mentioned before) to use him as I am sure it is gnawing away at Fitch as to what Red has told since Diane won't say a word and has doubts about trusting Red's word.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone have a good look at Jolene and the photo of Lucy? Definitely the same?

I agree that Red's interest in the Alchemist's list must be to find Lucy. We known she is supposedly dead due to the obituary that Red had in his hand.

But who/what is she, and why is she setting up a honey trap for Tom?

If Lucy is Red's daughter, why is Red so interested in and protective of Liz?

If Liz is Red's daughter, why is Red interested in Lucy?

Also, is there a connection to the info Red took from the Stewmaker's files?

The trailer for next week's episode showed the next case was about
    children being kidnapped for illegal adoptions

Given Red's self-interest in the Blacklisters he gives the FBI, I wonder how that ties in...
    sam_h786 wrote: »
    The timeline appears to be off with the show...

Also, it seems to feature the same magical transport that many other shows feature.

Tom left for Nebraska (?) by plane the previous week, decided not to bother with the interview, and then came home this week.

Meanwhile, in between that, Liz managed to fly to Hungary and back, all before Tom got home from his abortive trip to Nebraska :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D - if next weeks episode is anything to go by, what if Lucy/Jolene is Red's long lost child who he thought was dead after he came back home, maybe Fitch and company had her illegally adopted to keep it under the radar, basically keeping it hush hush, changed her name to Lucy so it was impossible for Red to locate her. She chose to pursue a life of crime or a career as a honeytrap, had The Alchemist change her identity hence another alias Jolene (One thing we know is she has a criminal past now that The Alchemist has been and gone)

Good point on the magical transport Matt lol. Dont they think people will notice? Surely the school will be majorly p*ssed that they paid him out of their pocket to come, only for him not to turn up (that's if there was an interview in the first place). The magic of TV land hey Matt! I think Red is going to look after Lizzie as he vowed to his best friend Sam he would look after her and protect her from anyone. I don't think Liz is Red's daughter, he's protecting her from Fitch and company as he may have rescued her from that fire that Liz's family was a target of from Fitch, changed her name and Sam decided to raise her after Red came to him.

I'm getting a little annoyed with the Tom storyline. It runs the risk of getting boring.
    Forum Member
    Oh my goodness Sam when I read the lyrics to Jolene I laughed right outloud at how perfectly they fit our girl who now has Tom hook line and sinker; who knows maybe he'll even say her name in his sleep! :D I took a sociology of family dynamics class in college and for a couple of weeks we used the song Lucille by Kenny Rogers as a case study of those dynamics; it was a great way to get everyone involved since the age range was from 20 yrs to 50 yrs old.

Now I can't help but wonder how many will start singing that song in their mind everytime she shows up on screen, especially since it is a Dolly Parton :blush: song! Red may yet be the one who got her here because when she does expose Tom, and I think there is something there for him to hide, hell hath no fury yada yada >:( and better Lizzie's wrath be turned on Tom and Jolene than on Red for what she learns. I haven't had time to go back and watch it again as I've been busy with a "Chili Cook Off" here for tomorrow/Friday.:p

I think Ressler's remarks to Liz regarding Audrey have come about from his seeing such a vulnerable side of her when she learned of her "dad's" events and ulitmate death. She also earned some respect from him in how she got into the building and helped to throw a monkey wrench into everything while he and Red were in the "box" this and Red's willingness to come out of the box for her has given him pause to think.

Aram's geeky nature is fun, :) and he plays it well because being somewhat of a people watcher everyone I know who has that strong left brain math, liniar thinking that makes for good geeks really do seem to think differently than most.

I see your point on Fitch and Diane, but it seems to me that she did not give him what he wanted/names for him to take to congress but rather stared him down. There is one cool, self serving, throw you under the bus if needed b/witch. Liz, Red, and Harold would do well to keep a bucket of water near by to throw on her if need be! :D

Taking Matt D's hypothosis under consideation could explain also Red's reaction to Fitch; especially if he thinks the child is dead. I still think Red is very capable of putting something together that would take Fitch out; but for now he best watch his back around Meera.

I want to go back over a couple of last episodes over the weekend, thanks much for they lyrics, I am sure others have enjoyed having them too because they certainly do seem to fit this femme fatale quite well! ^_^ meow!
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another month until the next episode, stupid Olympics. >:(
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Blacklist is the only current programme that I devote my attention to 100%. Best thing on atm.

4 weeks though, 4 weeks:(
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This just gets better and better. "You talk too much" bang.

I just knew she was the mole.
    Forum Member
    postit wrote: »
    This just gets better and better. "You talk too much" bang.

I just knew she was the mole.

You are absolutely right Postit, with one minor exception there were 4 more shots after the first one that sat her butt down and Red had her attention! I've been watching her too and remarked about it in posts on the 22nd and 24th. She was just to cold, even managed to stare Fitch down (I got his name wrong in my head/Harry):blush: when he wanted a name before going to congressional hearing.

Diane even tried to see if Red was bluffing by offering him the "Truth" of what happened "that night" which must be in reference to the flashbacks he had just before he blew the house up with its painful memories. Her arrogance was the point of no return for Red; if she knew then so did someone else! BANG! X4!

Don't know which surprised me more that Red shot her 4 more times or that I cheered him for doing it; the cheering part came under the "she had it coming to her law"! Someone in that position playing the games she was cannot be allowed to play with people's lives the way she was, it is a violation of everything in the oath that she willingly took, and it was a power play which was being done with malice of forethought-hence the- "she had it coming to her law" is activated by her behavior.

Now does that give Red the right to act as he did, technically no. But this is a fictional thriller story/program which makes for good escapism for my mind. He reminds me of the fictional character 007 Agent, hello James Bond and I really love/loved Sean Connery in that role, just as I am anticpating the return of Jack Bauer in "24" To Live Another Day May 5th.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Momcatjudy wrote: »
    You are absolutely right Postit, with one minor exception there were 4 more shots after the first one that sat her butt down and Red had her attention! I've been watching her too and remarked about it in posts on the 22nd and 24th. She was just to cold, even managed to stare Fitch down (I got his name wrong in my head/Harry):blush: when he wanted a name before going to congressional hearing.

Diane even tried to see if Red was bluffing by offering him the "Truth" of what happened "that night" which must be in reference to the flashbacks he had just before he blew the house up with its painful memories. Her arrogance was the point of no return for Red; if she knew then so did someone else! BANG! X4!

Don't know which surprised me more that Red shot her 4 more times or that I cheered him for doing it; the cheering part came under the "she had it coming to her law"! Someone in that position playing the games she was cannot be allowed to play with people's lives the way she was, it is a violation of everything in the oath that she willingly took, and it was a power play which was being done with malice of forethought-hence the- "she had it coming to her law" is activated by her behavior.

Now does that give Red the right to act as he did, technically no. But this is a fictional thriller story/program which makes for good escapism for my mind. He reminds me of the fictional character 007 Agent, hello James Bond and I really love/loved Sean Connery in that role, just as I am anticpating the return of Jack Bauer in "24" To Live Another Day May 5th.

We already know who the "somebody else" is, the apple eating FBI chief with Senate links who appeared to patronise Red after they kidnapped him from the FBI safehouse, the one who lectured and threatened Diane when the other two government officials were present at the meeting. That was the first real indication she was the actual mole with the power further up the pecking order to me. She was the only official connection between Red and that character. The story for me is how Red gets to him because he knows his face from that confrontation and it was made clear both Diane and Henry answer to him.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    Well, another bites the dust.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Blacklist is the only current programme that I devote my attention to 100%. Best thing on atm.

I always end up watching each episode twice as it is so easy to miss small details.

I like the Olympics so I don't mind the gap.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We already know who the "somebody else" is, the apple eating FBI chief with Senate links who appeared to patronise Red after they kidnapped him from the FBI safehouse, the one who lectured and threatened Diane when the other two government officials were present at the meeting. That was the first real indication she was the actual mole with the power further up the pecking order to me. She was the only official connection between Red and that character. The story for me is how Red gets to him because he knows his face from that confrontation and it was made clear both Diane and Henry answer to him.

"Apple eating FBI chief"?

The Apple eater was the guy running the surveillance on Liz and Tom, the one who Liz shot and "Mr Kaplan" cleaned up. Different guy to Fitch (Alan Alda).
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB....

Its especially annoying because Red's storyline is starting to firm up nicely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    When is The Blacklist back on Sky Living?, anyone know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    "Apple eating FBI chief"?

The Apple eater was the guy running the surveillance on Liz and Tom, the one who Liz shot and "Mr Kaplan" cleaned up. Different guy to Fitch (Alan Alda).

Ah, my apologies. It has been a couple of weeks since I saw the episode so if I am remembering things wrong, I am sorry for that.

Wasn't Fitch the guy who basically patronised Red when he was kidnapped from the safehouse and also appeared on the committee Diane answered to in that blacked out room? He did seem like the most obvious link between Red's life on the run and the FBI, some sort of double agent in a high ranking role, which is why I thought that scene tipped us off Diane was the mole.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vixen24 wrote: »
    When is The Blacklist back on Sky Living?, anyone know.

#TheBlacklist will return on Feb 28th at 9pm!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    JTsky wrote: »
    #TheBlacklist will return on Feb 28th at 9pm!

Thank you:D
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched episode 11 and I'm totally confused. Who exactly was Newton Phillips?