EE's contempt for its audience

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
Forum Member
Urg, I really do not like the comedy chav characters and I am not sure if the writers hate the Working Class or are totally ignorant.
The young blonde Carter girl is based on Waynetta Slob and Vicky Pollard? I live in a poor area and I haven't seen a young lady wearing a shell suit since 2005, her silly hairstyle and choice of boyfriends are nasty swipes too in my opinion.
Lola, Bianca, the 1990s rave lesbian, Mrs Danny Dyer, Cat are all joke characters imo poking fun at Working Class women. Very nasty indeed.

Comments

• DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nancy is one of the best characters in the show at the moment, certainly the best of the younger cast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Nancy is an amazing character with her own style, I think it's extremely unfair to compare here to Waynetta Slob and Vicky Pollard.
  • lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could not disagree more with the OP.

Nancy is a kind, caring, intelligent young woman.

It doesn't matter what she wears.

She has her own style and good luck to her for that.
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty shallow to judge a person based on what clothes they wear.
  • Kirk AngelKirk Angel Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The irony of the OP calling others ignorant when their posts reeks of it.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    I agree. Nancy is brainy and Caring. Nikki is more chavy then Nancy imo.

I like Nancy's style. It's different and works well.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    twinkletto wrote: »
    Urg, I really do not like the comedy chav characters and I am not sure if the writers hate the Working Class or are totally ignorant.
    The young blonde Carter girl is based on Waynetta Slob and Vicky Pollard? I live in a poor area and I haven't seen a young lady wearing a shell suit since 2005, her silly hairstyle and choice of boyfriends are nasty swipes too in my opinion.
    Lola, Bianca, the 1990s rave lesbian, Mrs Danny Dyer, Cat are all joke characters imo poking fun at Working Class women. Very nasty indeed.

You're the one referring to working class folk as wayne and waynetta slob. You should be ashamed of your prejudices
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a load of rubbish. Every character in soap has to fulfil a role in the story for them to work. It's just basic storytelling.

On the flip side, all the "posh"/wealthy characters have all been nutters/murderers or suffering several mental or personal problems so I'm not really seeing your point OP.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    I have not seen anyone dress or look like that in real life. The only shell suit/tracksuit I have seen like that is Vicky Pollard and Waynetta Slob. I'm sorry you dont realise you're being laughed at
    Forum Member
    I have not seen anyone dress or look like that in real life. The only shell suit/tracksuit I have seen like that is Vicky Pollard and Waynetta Slob. I'm sorry you dont realise you're being laughed at

There's only one person getting laughed at in this thread..
    Forum Member
    ryanr554 wrote: »

Haha! It's a soap character, not a person.
    Forum Member

Chances are if you're this judgemental over a soap character, you're more than likely like it towards "real people".
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And yet you're the one working yourself up into a state about how representative Nancy is as a character. :confused:
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing I did find odd- Johnny having an exam on Bank Holiday Monday!
    Forum Member
    There's only one person getting laughed at in this thread..

I just hoped maybe some of you would think about what you are watching and open your eyes.
    I have clearly failed lol

good luck and goodbye
  • ImOnlyWeeImOnlyWee Posts: 11,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Owwa.

I'm sure there are other people in the world that dress like Nancy. Who cares what she wears though, best character in a long time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »

:D:D Random though Vas but good point although in Ireland our Bank holiday is next week
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »

This is definitely a much more interesting topic of conversation than the original post.

My guess? He was sneaking off to another gay club. :D
  • MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love Nancy. Her, Di and Mick are right at the top of the list.
    Once scene in which I will always remember and relate to her is the one when her and mick are on the sofa and he asks if she's just farted.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,219
    Forum Member
    Thats the whole point with Nancy, she doesn't really give a damn about her appearance and I like that about her. She's a very natural, caring, hardworking, humorous person. I didnt like her initially but she has completely grown on me.

I wouldn't be surprised if the OP is slating her because she won best newcomer and he/she was hoping Skegness McQueen from Hollyoaks would win it instead.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nancy is far more interesting than her older Brother Lee...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Johnny and Nancy are fab! I love Nancy. She's a really nice character and I like that she's not the dolly bird type
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,219
    Forum Member
    Johnny and Nancy are fab! I love Nancy. She's a really nice character and I like that she's not the dolly bird type

She's refreshing compared to the other young women in the square. She's a chip off the old block is our Nancy. :D
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Thats the whole point with Nancy, she doesn't really give a damn about her appearance and I like that about her. She's a very natural, caring, hardworking, humorous person. I didnt like her initially but she has completely grown on me.

I wouldn't be surprised if the OP is slating her because she won best newcomer and he/she was hoping Skegness McQueen from Hollyoaks would win it instead.
    Hollyoaks is full of chavs though. Mind you I think Nikki would fit right in there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    She's refreshing compared to the other young women in the square. She's a chip off the old block is our Nancy. :D

And she has a totally do able dad :p:D