Spooks Season 8

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
Forum Member
Any idea when Season 8 of Spooks will be starting on BBC ONE?:)

Comments

• TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Nothing official yet, but hopefully around end of this/beginning of next month....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just about to ask the very same question!! Currently watching the previous series on Watch - they were showing series 4, and starting next Wednesday 9pm, they will be showing series 5

looking forward to series 8!
  • elven62elven62 Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    bluechang wrote: »
    I was just about to ask the very same question!! Currently watching the previous series on Watch - they were showing series 4, and starting next Wednesday 9pm, they will be showing series 5

looking forward to series 8!

This month would be good - I'm suffering from acute RAD (Richard Armitage Deprivation)..:D:o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    I'm betting on the first week in november!
  • dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talk about deja vue - there was exactly the same question posted in this forum about 4 hours before yours.

Anyway, this is what I said in that other topic about this
    Series 7 is out on DVD on the 12th Oct. In the past, the DVD of the previous series has been released within a week or two of the new series starting.

The Monday night 9pm slot though (where they normally show it if memory serves me) has a new David Attenborough series though starting on the 12th.

Tuesday at 9pm has a Children in Need tie-in program starting on the 13th. Presumably this would just be 3 or 4 episodes leading up to Children in Need night though - so it could get this spot after that's finished?

Wednesdays has feature length crime dramas on from 8pm to 9.30

Thursday is still showing New Tricks and I doubt they'll show it on Friday (9pm comedy hour) or over the weekend.

I could see it taking the Thursday 9pm slot after New Tricks finishes - that must be soon now isn't it?
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For guidance, last year S7 started on Mon 27th Oct, with the 2nd episode on the 28th, and then each Monday until 8th Dec.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Programme Info is now on the website for 24th-30th October, still no Spooks mentioned. :(
  • SteedSteed Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    BBC Programme Info is now on the website for 24th-30th October, still no Spooks mentioned. :(

Richard Armitage interview in next weeks tv guide says end of October for new "Spooks".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has to be within a week of that or else it won't fit before Christmas (even allowing for a double episode in one week, as happened with S7).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    New Radio Times today has it listed as "next week" i.e. week of Monday 26 October.
    Forum Member
    New Radio Times today says "next week" i.e week of Monday 26 October.
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At last!!:D

Thank goodness, I was beginning to think it would never return.

(Thanks for the info, by the way).
  • robhirobhi Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In which case it's moving nights (back to Thursday) as the other 9pm slots are all filled and New Tricks finishes the week earlier so that fits nicely. So Thursday 29th at 9pm looks like the night.
  • SteedSteed Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robhi wrote: »
    So Thursday 29th at 9pm looks like the night.

Up against "The Bill" on ITV1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sucks it's up against The Bill because I am liking the new The Bill - I wish they wouldn't put one genre up against similar (crime) because there are people who like certain genres.

I am liking Armitage so far. I still miss Matthew Macfadyen - really liked him! I never could warm to Rupert Penry Jones for some reason :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still think it should be mondays. It's always been like that though! Mondays at 9pm...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanMan01 wrote: »
    Still think it should be mondays. It's always been like that though! Mondays at 9pm...

I think they should always leave the programs on the nights they've always traditionally been on.

You get used to looking on that night for it for a start and wouldn't nec think to check a thursday night. I don't know why the BBC suddenly decided to turn Thursday night into a crime night, well I do of course, ITV went post water shed with the Bill. Is it really worth both their veiwing figures suffering though by being up against each other. But there again after the first episode of spooks they then have them all repeated on bbc4 as well with the first run being straight after.

I wonder if they'll show S7 on bbc4 before, I seem to remember they did it one series. I'd at least like the final episode of S7 as a reminder of the cliff hanger, I was watching it on btv a coupe of months ago but didn't realise it was almost out of date and didn't get to see it all so I want a reminder of whose still alive at the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Finally we have a date! Ive been rationing my unseen episodes from series 7 in the run up to series 8 lol! Now I can watch them without the dread of running out of spooks this autumn lol..
  • ElectratElectrat Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone seen any promo-ing for this yet? It all seems a bit quiet at the moment.
  • Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paddysu wrote: »
    I think they should always leave the programs on the nights they've always traditionally been on.

You get used to looking on that night for it for a start and wouldn't nec think to check a thursday night. I don't know why the BBC suddenly decided to turn Thursday night into a crime night, well I do of course, ITV went post water shed with the Bill. Is it really worth both their veiwing figures suffering though by being up against each other. But there again after the first episode of spooks they then have them all repeated on bbc4 as well with the first run being straight after.

I wonder if they'll show S7 on bbc4 before, I seem to remember they did it one series. I'd at least like the final episode of S7 as a reminder of the cliff hanger, I was watching it on btv a coupe of months ago but didn't realise it was almost out of date and didn't get to see it all so I want a reminder of whose still alive at the end.

How can you forget the cliffhanger? Poor Harry...

Cant wait!!!
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed: 29th October which is a Thursday.
    That'll sort the old Bill out.
  • Lunatic DreyfusLunatic Dreyfus Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you forget the cliffhanger? Poor Harry...

Cant wait!!!

Neither can I.

Watching Harry single handedly take on the whole Russian FSB and fight his way back to Blighty, will be epic. :D
    Forum Member
    Here's a scan from one of the tv magazines with a photo from episode 1. Just to whet the appetite ;)

Be aware it is spoilery for episode 1.

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/thescottishone/Spooks/?action=view&current=spooks1-2.jpg
  • servelanservelan Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Errr - your link contains a Trojan. Thought you should know.