Options

Top Gear Series 16

lankyguy007lankyguy007 Posts: 214
Forum Member
Starts Sunday at 8. Interesting to see if it has improved after the last couple of series.

Comments

• Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't really matter, the idiots that watch despite hating it will still bitch.

They did X again boo hoo stale blah blah.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :) I love Top gear.Clarksons disregard and contempt for the 'save the planet- drive a Toyota Pious' brigade always goes down well in this house.
    This thread prompted me to go and watch the bit they done with the V12 Vantage a while back(the one with the Brian Eno music).Best bit of motoring tv bar none.:cool:
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeham wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter, the idiots that watch despite hating it will still bitch.

They did X again boo hoo stale blah blah.

That's almost certainly going to be the case ;). I know this is a forum and anyone is free to say anything but if nothing has changed, why wax lyrical about it? So they're repeating simliar ideas; that's happened for about 5 series now - are you really surprised? (no you're not are you - you're just pretending to be to make a somewhat annoying point that would actually be less annoying if you were honest). I'm not saying the show couldn't benefit from a few changes but those who persist in watching after the first show and then earnestly post their "heartfelt" opinions (despite having "hated" the original) deserve to have their opinions ignored or ridiculed imo.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top Gear should be good this Sunday.... watch out for Steve Brogan from British Superbikes racing his bike against a car!!! :cool: :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Top Gear should be good this Sunday.... watch out for Steve Brogan from British Superbikes racing his bike against a car!!! :cool: :D

BMW 1000RR v Ariel Atom V8. They did something similar a few years ago but it was only a 600cc bike so no contest really. As a biker I'd love the 1000cc Supersport to win but that V8 Atom is incredible. Clarkson tested it in his Italian Job DVD and it is a truly remarkable piece of engineering.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    This thread prompted me to go and watch the bit they done with the V12 Vantage a while back(the one with the Brian Eno music).Best bit of motoring tv bar none.:cool:
    That film was exceptional, all round - the commentary, camerawork, visuals and soundtrack were just perfect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaysus!
    Is that pile o' shite still going?
    Clarkson must be at least 67 by now. He should retire.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bibendum wrote: »
    Jaysus!
    Is that pile o' shite still going?
    Clarkson must be at least 67 by now. He should retire.

So it begins.

Pile of shite <> one of the most popular programs on the planet
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member

So it begins.

Pile of shite <> one of the most popular programs on the planet

Planet Zog, I assume?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Top_Gear_broadcasters_and_video_releases

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/CARS/FEATURES/33581.html
    1. The show has a worldwide audience of over 350 million people in more than 90 countries.
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member

Great! :yawn: :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    Great! :yawn: :yawn:

>Claim it isn't popular
    >Proven wrong
    >No retort

Good show ol' chap.
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what are they doing about the Stig?

Will they put another guy in the suit and pretend nothings happened?

Actually after the birth of the baby Stig in the Christmas episodes, I assume a new Stig is on the cards.
  • Options
    phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well for the SIARPC segment just before Cristmas they got Tiff in to train the celeb, and Jeremy mentioned it a few times so they won't pretend nothing happened. I'd say a few jokes about it and then a new Stig. I was hoping for a new colour though, maybe a grey stig this time!
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    That film was exceptional, all round - the commentary, camerawork, visuals and soundtrack were just perfect.

:) Totally agree mossy.I've watched it from the very beginning and it was their best work to date.
    Here it is again.Just to remind people of how good Top Gear can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgZlpRdQlRI
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phasers wrote: »
    Well for the SIARPC segment just before Cristmas they got Tiff in to train the celeb, and Jeremy mentioned it a few times so they won't pretend nothing happened. I'd say a few jokes about it and then a new Stig. I was hoping for a new colour though, maybe a grey stig this time!

They could drag it out over a few shows if they wanted, I am sure some of the programme staff must have children who would love to play the new Stig growing up!
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    :) Totally agree mossy.I've watched it from the very beginning and it was their best work to date.
    Here it is again.Just to remind people of how good Top Gear can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgZlpRdQlRI
    Thanks for that link :)
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,841
    Forum Member
    I only started watching Top Gear for the last series and loved it, I am hooked and roll on 8pm tonight:)
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunday Times say they have a new Stig. So basically baby Stig has grown in to a new Stig in just a few weeks.

New Stig is smaller, lighter, faster and might be a women. Vicky Butler Henderson perhaps?
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunday Times say they have a new Stig. So basically baby Stig has grown in to a new Stig in just a few weeks.

New Stig is smaller, lighter, faster and might be a women. Vicky Butler Henderson perhaps?
    Or the German female racing driver?
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight should be showing Steve Brogan from British Superbikes racing his bike against a car!!!

Also I think John Bishop will be the star in the cheapo car!!!
  • Options
    peodudepeodude Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    The "pile o' shit" generates a massive PROFIT for the BBC. They get far more money back from selling it and associated products than it costs to make it.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Or the German female racing driver?

Doesn't she do German Top Gear??

I'm pretty sure they did a cross-over with the German version, and Jeremy & Co. turned up in spitfires :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Have I missed all the advertising for it, because I only found out it started tonight from John Bishop on twitter?

Still, glad I did find out!:D
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those who want to see it but forgot - it starts in a hour! ;)