Options

Gillian Taylforth has said she would return!

Mattyboii1995Mattyboii1995 Posts: 938
Forum Member
✭✭
Been watching Celebrity Big Brother's Bit on the Side, and someone asked if she would ever consider going back..she said she would love to return as Kathy having been in a witness protection plan; and returning to the Queen Vic saying 'Allo Ian!'
What with everyone calling for her to go back, and Adam Woodyatt saying he would like her to go back, could this be the perfect opportunity to bring back Kathy?

Comments

• Options
    Owen19Owen19 Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes got a regular role on hollyoaks
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No after what happened with Dirty Den I doubt that this would happen...

anyway Taylforth is joining Hollyoaks
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kathys dead.
  • Options
    anndra_wanndra_w Posts: 6,557
    Forum Member
    If they can get her back they should. She would be a good addition to the show. I think it was ridiculously short sighted killing her off as they did. It was a waste of such an important character.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people would soon get over any kind of contrived return and welcome Kathy back with open arms! As long as Ian and Phil are on the show there's a place for her.
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Ian identify her body?
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw Bit On The Side. You can tell Gillian would return in a heartbeat. She'd have returned long ago if it wasn't for the stupid decision to kill Kathy. While I think they could find a way around her off screen death, I think it is highly unlikely they would pursue bringing Kathy back for a multitude of reasons. The fans, the show and Gillian are the ones losing out but that's life :(
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Didn't Ian identify her body?

Nope it was specifically said Gavin's sister did it. Which seemed odd at the time.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should come back for Ben's release!
  • Options
    Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,489
    Forum Member
    Oh here we go again:yawn:! I also watched this and you could clearly tell Gillian was joking about:rolleyes:!

She's obviously aware of things that have been said about 'witness protection' or 'Kathy's secret twin sister' and she was just playing up to it!

Look, I love Gillian as much as her next fan on here but Kathy is DEAD and as much as this still bugs me all these years later,:cry: I accept she can never come back to EE so let's all just move on eh?!
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should come back for Ben's release!

I can imagine Ben hating her for not coming to get him if she had his life would have been different. Then he kills her.

Anyway I don't think she's returning since her character dead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh here we go again:yawn:! I also watched this and you could clearly tell Gillian was joking about:rolleyes:!

She's obviously aware of things that have been said about 'witness protection' or 'Kathy's secret twin sister' and she was just playing up to it!

Look, I love Gillian as much as her next fan on here but Kathy is DEAD and as much as this still bugs me all these years later,:cry: I accept she can never come back to EE so let's all just move on eh?!

Thing is though all it would take is one brave producer, and maybe slightly stupid one and she wouldn't be. That's why its discussed.

I honestly think if they did it they could pull it off. It would take a lot of planning, and it would help if they kept is under wraps as the press couldn't tear it apart before hand and would have to judge on the actual material. It could be amazing, and if she stuck it out people would move on and accept it.

Part of the issue with Dens return was that people were beginning to accept his return, then there was the off screen antics, and then he was axed as it held a shadow over the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Could you? She seemed well up for a return to me and those I was watching Bit On The Side with. I'll rewatch it to see her reaction again but I don't think she was joking about the witness protection idea. The twin sister comment was clearly a joke though.

Is Kathy being in the witness protection really the most far fetched thing EastEnders have done lately? I'd have to say no. But I agree she's not coming back ever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Kathys dead.

This. Following which, this thread should be closed. aha :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It would get people talking about EE again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This. Following which, this thread should be closed. aha :p

If you don't want to read it, then don't. No need to ruin the discussion for others who want to. Nothing wrong with dreaming. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Part of the issue with Dens return was that people were beginning to accept his return, then there was the off screen antics, and then he was axed as it held a shadow over the show.

People have selective memory when it comes to Den's return. It was well received by both critics and fans at the time. A few months down the line and his ''resurrection'' was accepted and moved on from. The tide turned when Grantham disgraced himself, got suspended and later axed. It was ridiculous to kill him off again so soon after his return and that's why his comeback was deemed a failure and a joke. Not because of the return itself. If Grantham had steered clear of scandal and Den had stuck it out for a few years his return would not be looked upon so unfavourably now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    People have selective memory when it comes to Den's return. It was well received by both critics and fans at the time. A few months down the line and his ''resurrection'' was accepted and moved on from. The tide turned when Grantham disgraced himself, got suspended and later axed. It was ridiculous to kill him off again so soon after his return and that's why his comeback was deemed a failure and a joke. Not because of the return itself. If Grantham had steered clear of scandal and Den had stuck it out for a few years his return would not be looked upon so unfavourably now.

Exactly. His return eps were amazing and the new Watts brought the show back to life. EE could do with that, and maybe Kathy could give the show that kick again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Could you? She seemed well up for a return to me and those I was watching Bit On The Side with. I'll rewatch it to see her reaction again but I don't think she was joking about the witness protection idea. The twin sister comment was clearly a joke though.

Is Kathy being in the witness protection really the most far fetched thing EastEnders have done lately? I'd have to say no. But I agree she's not coming back ever.

I don't doubt for a minute that Gillian would love to come back, EE will have so many fond memories and Kathy was brilliant, but I'm sure Gillian herself knows the 'witness protection' thing would be beyond far-fetched:o!

I know someone has asked would that really be the most ridiculous thing EE have done, and the sad thing is it probably wouldn't be, but I genuinely think Dirty Den was killed off for the second time because they realised it just wasn't working,rather than because of Leslie Grantham's finger-licking webcam activities:eek:! That just turned out to be a convenient excuse!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. His return eps were amazing and the new Watts brought the show back to life. EE could do with that, and maybe Kathy could give the show that kick again.

Very true. I'd love to see the Beales and Mitchells reclaim their place in the show. Even Sharon would benefit from Kathy's return. But as much as I like discussing this topic I've accepted Kathy's return will never happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't want to read it, then don't. No need to ruin the discussion for others who want to. Nothing wrong with dreaming. :cool:

Ok sorry.
  • Options
    royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kathy is not dead. I'd rather her return than have anymore of this unrealistic Lexi nonsense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't doubt for a minute that Gillian would love to come back, EE will have so many fond memories and Kathy was brilliant, but I'm sure Gillian herself knows the 'witness protection' thing would be beyond far-fetched:o!

I know someone has asked would that really be the most ridiculous thing EE have done, and the sad thing is it probably wouldn't be, but I genuinely think Dirty Den was killed off for the second time because they realised it just wasn't working,rather than because of Leslie Grantham's finger-licking webcam activities:eek:! That just turned out to be a convenient excuse!

No I'd put money on it that it was the off screen activities. It brought a huge shadow over the show and was crippling the BBC at that time. The bad press didn't really hit the show until then, and of course then fun fair disaster followed. Most of Berrieges era was alright, like Janine/Barry, Shannis etc and Dens return was loved by the critics. Because Leslie was only suspended for a month, the press load into him so Kathleen Hutchinson used him as a scape goat to show the show is fixed.
    Ok sorry.

It's fine. Just seemed really rude, almost as if your opinion was all that mattered, which isn't how a forum works. People discuss things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kathy is not dead. I'd rather her return than have anymore of this unrealistic Lexi nonsense.

Yes because Kathy returning from the dead would be sooooo much more realistic than the Phil/Lola/Lexi story wouldn't it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Den's return worked initially. The problems arose when they couldn't come up with anything for him to do. Grantham being off screen due to suspension likely put any storylines they had for him on the backburner. I thought they salvaged the character just before his exit but they also tarnished him quite a lot and that seemed to be a punishment for Grantham which was unfair to him, the character and the viewers. I have no doubt they could have made it work again if they'd wanted it to work. They needed a scapegoat for the falling ratings and Dirty Den became it. Shameful when you think the following year they came up with Kathy's stupid death and drove Wendy Richards to quit.