Who do you want to represent the UK?

Comments

• 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Amelia Lilly
    At this moment in time, I'd settle for a supergroup comprised of the Hump, Josh Dubovie and Jemini. At least that way we'd get some news!
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other - please list
    At this moment in time, I'd settle for a supergroup comprised of the Hump, Josh Dubovie and Jemini. At least that way we'd get some news!

Singing 'We've found a song Streissand turned down'
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Other - please list
    phill363 wrote: »
    Next Friday :)

I'll probably be watching if I'm not doing anything.
  • zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other - please list
    Rylan :)
    Emeli Sande
    Alexandra Burke
    Jahmene Douglas
    Pixie Lott
    Stooshe
    Little Mix
  • Dr.GDr.G Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Marina and The Diamonds
    I would like:

The Fratellis - Just reformed, new album just recorded, big following in Western Europe and Scandinavia.

or

Maximo Park - Lots of fans spread out across Europe, regularly toured before. If they could produce something as catchy as Our Velocity it would do well.

I don't think either would happen but it's what I'd like!
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like Kym Marsh from Girls Aloud.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other - please list
    I have a strong feeling it's Olly Murs.
    Olly is performing on the last episode of The Graham Norton Show on March 1. Which is usually the show in which the Eurovision act performs in. Also Olly has a break in his tour from April 4 to June 2. Plenty of time for Eurovision. And that would be the "big name that the UK has involved this year" YOU READ IT HERE FIRST
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dionne Bromfield
    Oh no, not Olly Murs!
  • dagger42dagger42 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Other - please list
    Stacey Solomon
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe McElderry
    Graham Norton just played Mika.
    Definitely will be him
  • terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vera Lynn.
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe McElderry
    Olly murs new single out in March so not likely to be him
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ahyeah wrote: »
    I have a strong feeling it's Olly Murs.
    Olly is performing on the last episode of The Graham Norton Show on March 1. Which is usually the show in which the Eurovision act performs in. Also Olly has a break in his tour from April 4 to June 2. Plenty of time for Eurovision. And that would be the "big name that the UK has involved this year" YOU READ IT HERE FIRST

Wrong. Graham Norton has said the name won't be released until March 18th.
  • Bamber BoozlerBamber Boozler Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Amelia Lilly
    Wrong. Graham Norton has said the name won't be released until March 18th.

If Ken Bruce is going to reveal the name of the act on Radio 2, it's highly unlikely to be a contemporary artist, which will get Radio 1 airplay. It's looking more likely to be Leanne Mitchell.
  • ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is withdrawal a likely option? Isnt there a cut off date of March 18th?
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diana Vickers
    Is withdrawal a likely option? Isnt there a cut off date of March 18th?

no we are locked in the cut of for being in or out was december 15th last year and we confirmed, we can withdraw but it will result in losing the participation fee, a fine and a possible ban.
  • ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    no we are locked in the cut of for being in or out was december 15th last year and we confirmed, we can withdraw but it will result in losing the participation fee, a fine and a possible ban.

Still possible...I am sure the BBC would risk it. Lack of interest, Jimmy Saville scandal and interference from some sectors of government.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diana Vickers
    Still possible...I am sure the BBC would risk it. Lack of interest, Jimmy Saville scandal and interference from some sectors of government.

Interest is quite high last year there was a peak of 9M or so people watching the final and the year before it was 13M.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,855
    Forum Member
    This is hopeful, but Paloma Faith is appearing on Lets Dance next week-World exclusive of the UKs Eurovision entry? ;)
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexandra Burke
    If Ken Bruce is going to reveal the name of the act on Radio 2, it's highly unlikely to be a contemporary artist, which will get Radio 1 airplay. It's looking more likely to be Leanne Mitchell.

If she gets a great song, she could KILL it! She may be forgettable but there's no denying she has a damn good voice! Hopeful!
  • Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God no, not Leanne Mitchell. I watched every episode of The Voice and I still can never remember the name of the person who won.

If it's not to be revealed, are we thinking it's because the BBC are in a number of discussions or because it's a big reveal? I mean, we'll likely be the last country to announce our artist/song so it could be a wow. But, grounded in reality, it's likely to be Rylan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member

Why would the BBC withdraw? Eurovision gets great ratings and it's one of the cheapest shows on the BBC.

I'm not sure what Jimmy Saville and government interference have got to do with a specific TV show. If that was a reality, then any TV show could get the chop. EastEnders? Casualty?
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Young
    Paloma Faith!

That would be brilliant...love her... And would make watching the Euro V quite a hoot.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tara Palmer-Tomkinson would be great! She can sing and play the piano
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67h4dy4J1aU
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will Young
    Hasn't her nose fallen off??