Does Big Brother have the worst Production Team?

hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It certainly seems like the production team on this show is made up of incompetent buffoons who have no idea what they are doing.

A Monkey with severe damage could do a better job.

Comments

• Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    hmeister wrote: »
    It certainly seems like the production team on this show is made up of incompetent buffoons who have no idea what they are doing.

A Monkey with severe damage could do a better job.

There certainly isn't much that they can do to save the show now to be honest, its flogging a dead horse, simple as that. :cool:
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    There certainly isn't much that they can do to save the show now to be honest, its flogging a dead horse, simple as that. :cool:

I know. All involved with this mess should be forced into unemployment so more capable people who know the show can try and fix it.
    Forum Member
    hmeister wrote: »
    I know. All involved with this mess should be forced into unemployment so more capable people who know the show can try and fix it.

Put it this way morale at endemol and channel dive are down at the moment, underneath it all I don't think there's any job security within endemol and channel dives members. The damage has already been done. >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creative people are hard to come by .. Clearly Endemol have struggled to find a creative team!
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »
    Creative people are hard to come by .. Clearly Endemol have struggled to find a creative team!

It's not too difficult though is it.

You don't put three new housemates in who are straight from TOWIE. You put Sasha in and you cause friction between Steven, Sasha and Kim.

That's what I call Armageddon.

You also don't take away 'who goes you decide...'

I wanted Steven out on Friday. Now it looks like he is staying yet another week, as the three newbies decide who's going. I don't care about them. >:(
  • Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    That's been the consensus for several years running
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they've screwed up the last fundamental the show had on this channel and now the UK version truly is Big Brother in name only

Just when you think they can't go any lower, they manage to surpass themselves every single time but this has to be THE lowest they could have gone not once but twice tonight

Do they really think voting to save two of the newbies is going to make everything ok and placate everyone
    Forum Member
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Well they've screwed up the last fundamental the show had on this channel and now the UK version truly is Big Brother in name only

Just when you think they can't go any lower, they manage to surpass themselves every single time but this has to be THE lowest they could have gone not once but twice tonight

Do they really think voting to save two of the newbies is going to make everything ok and placate everyone

And conning us thinking Helen is the goodie, endemol and channel dive are so full of rubbish. >:(
  • BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been getting worse in recent years... But this lot are the complete pits.
    Expecting the public to pay good money keeping their favourites in... Then throwing those favourites out, without a public vote.

Stop voting ... Then that stupid team MIGHT pay attention.
    Forum Member
    BillyBoy7 wrote: »
    Expecting the public to pay good money keeping their favourites in... Then throwing those favourites out, without a public vote.

You know what I'm not even bothering to vote anymore, as whatever their doing is a wind up merchant. There's only so much the audience can take out of a show that's very badly run....especially this year. :(

Getting more doubtful that Viacom will sign a new deal for bb now considering its had low ratings and marred by scandal. :(
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly think that if they picked 10 random forum members from this forum, then they'd be significantly better at coming up with great ideas that would last a series.

I'm not joking either.
    You only have to read some threads which come up with ideas and you see several great ones.
  • What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is Ch5's last series.

What they are doing is no different to a man kissing his girlfriend for the last time - knowing that he is about to ditch her - and then throwing acid over her.

They do not want BB to have another lover, whether that be ITV or anybody else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I genuinely think that this year they have hired a bunch of pre-pubescent schoolboys to produce this show. Either that or they really ARE trying to get it closed down, Why are they even CALLING it Big Brother these days, it bears not even a tiny semblance of the show !! Sad really :(
  • TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    They're hardly TV geniuses, but BB is one of the hardest shows to have to produce well - not only do you need to find a cast who is interesting enough to sustain a few months of constant viewing, you need to edit daily shows with new fresh storylines and come up with a huge amount of tasks to fill up airtime (with limited budgets). I'm sure they tried to get Sacha coming in but I assume he's just not enough of a famewhore to do it.

I would like to see some forum members attempt to come up with actual workable twists/tasks for a series. Normally those sorts of threads just revolve down to "I would bring back Live Feed and go back to basics", which would be a trainwreck.
    I wanted Steven out on Friday. Now it looks like he is staying yet another week, as the three newbies decide who's going. I don't care about them. >:(

They would have to rig things to put Steven up as he'd avoid nomination from his fellow housemates (only Chris voted for him this week), which would be worse than what they've done now. Marlon would have at least been up and gone with a public vote; Steven is awful but he deserves to survive until he's nominated, not just taken out for the sake of it.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »

Well, I wouldn't say that's true. Ratings are down significantly. I know that DS members aren't even anywhere close to being the majority viewer, but clearly something is wrong with the way C5 is handling the situation. Channel 5 throw stupid twists at us, manipulate nominations to keep people in (Last series particularly), have stupid, childish tasks and viewers go down. People on here complain about it. C5's answer? Have more stupid twists. Have most stupid tasks. Try to artificially create drama. What happens? Viewers go down even more. C5's answer? MORE stupid twists. MORE stupid tasks.

Frankly put, whoever is in charge of BB at C5 is an idiot. Obviously what they are doing is NOT working. So they do MORE of what they're doing to try to rectify the situation? It's stupid. If I didn't love BB so much, I'd say it serves them right, but it does make me sad knowing we're probably heading towards a point where it is cancelled again... and C5 has no one to blame but themselves.
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BillyBoy7 wrote: »

I agree with you.......deny them the revenue, if they are turning BB into trash, and not letting the viewers decide.......then we can decide to not pay their wages......
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a let down as usual...
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're hardly TV geniuses, but BB is one of the hardest shows to have to produce well - not only do you need to find a cast who is interesting enough to sustain a few months of constant viewing, you need to edit daily shows with new fresh storylines and come up with a huge amount of tasks to fill up airtime (with limited budgets). I'm sure they tried to get Sacha coming in but I assume he's just not enough of a famewhore to do it.

I would like to see some forum members attempt to come up with actual workable twists/tasks for a series. Normally those sorts of threads just revolve down to "I would bring back Live Feed and go back to basics", which would be a trainwreck.

They would have to rig things to put Steven up as he'd avoid nomination from his fellow housemates (only Chris voted for him this week), which would be worse than what they've done now. Marlon would have at least been up and gone with a public vote; Steven is awful but he deserves to survive until he's nominated, not just taken out for the sake of it.

Emma told the housemates they were all up, and that should have been the case.

WE should decide who goes, and that way Steven would have been out on Friday.

As it stands three no-marks are gonna make the decision. It could mean someone as popular as Chris going. How fair is that?
  • DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was starting to like bb a tad then they throw in 3 useless newbies ones a big sl#t and the other two are towie extras.

I won't be watching anymore
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You don't put three new housemates in who are straight from TOWIE. You put Sasha in and you cause friction between Steven, Sasha and Kim.

That's what I call Armageddon.

You also don't take away 'who goes you decide...'

What you want is likely to create a situation far worse than what viewers have been complaining about for this series so far! It's too controversial, bitchy, lacks fun & imagination by the Production team! These hm's should never have been selected, they should be totally unknown who were auditioned like the old days. When was the last time we saw a TV ad for the public for BB auditions? BB has now become a Reality TV showcase.....an audition process for Reality TV 'stars' to gain exposure for future projects! It's not what we want & these hm's should have never been in there. BB Producers have selected individuals that were always going to clash because their personalities are too alike. We don't mind hm's clashing but we do when it is 24/7! It's lazy producing because they think that the more clashes, the more content for the highlights show which means the less they have to do to actually entertain us (i.e tasks)! It seems when they do actually create tasks, they are designed not with fun in mind but with more controversy in mind so to create further arguments. We used to have some great tasks in BB but I don't recall one single task I would call brilliant since it's move to Channel 5!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member

It's not as simple as that, though, is it. "Sasha" would have to want to debase himself to such a degree as to take part in this farce of a show.

As far as I know, BB don't have the power to compel members of the public to appear. It's not like jury duty.

And if it was, the jury's votes would be discounted anyway, rendering the whole exercise utterly pointless.
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't get is how they came to picking these three, surely they pulled the plug on the Sasha, Jenny idea at the last moment and these muppets lived close by so roped them in. If I wanted to watch Towie I'd watch Towie.
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They know they're going.

Viacom will not employ any of these awful TV producing, immature charlatans so they are trying to trash the show.

Cot open, toys everywhere.

Thus the shit we have now.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    And conning us thinking Helen is the goodie, endemol and channel dive are so full of rubbish. >:(

And protecting steven from the public vote by letting the newbies decide who goes and not us. Knowing that if the public voted he would be out.
  • JustTamJustTam Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    They should do a golden ticket situation every year to get housemates. Team up with a brand and have 12-16 golden tickets that everyone have a chance of winning. Then you're putting in random people who aren't fame seeking wannabes or have done the rounds of reality tv shows. Then we'll know it isn't scripted and you'll see a real mix of people instead of the same stereotypical people they get every year.