Ameila Lilly - Party Over - New Single - Be A Fighter

Comments

• PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vash1221 wrote: »
    Danced-up. Uptempo, whatever.

Mumford and Sons are one of the VERY few "rock" acts. I think they are boring. They are only popular because of their counter-demographic market (People who don't listen to generic pop music)

Lawson aren't really rock, they are just a boyband that play instruments. A Pop band.

Fun are just a one-hit wonder Power-Pop band.

Ben Howard is becoming popular for the same reason Mumford and Sons became popular.

Fun have done more than one hit.

Lawson "are a boyband playing instruments" How do you call that ????? A pop/rock band. I dont care if it's boys or girls playing.

Ed Sheeran ? Muse ? Coldplay ? Come on !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PJ River wrote: »
    Danced up ? You mean uptempo ? Kelly is not doing electro or dance.

If you want it to be about trends then be it : Mumford and sons, Lawson, Ben Howard, Fun, etc... and all those girls from the acoustic scene on youtube or elsewhere do pop/rock.

Go to Wikipedia and search for Kelly Clarkson's chart hit "Stronger".

On the right of the page next to GENRE you will see:

Pop/rock - Dance-Pop - Electropop.

So Kelly is doing Electro and Dance, but I still love her :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we can safely say that Lady gaga and Kelly Clarkson do the same kind of music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So we can safely say that Lady gaga and Kelly Clarkson do the same kind of music.

Most pop acts today are incorporating dance-pop/electro-pop elements in today's music market.

It's trendy :cool:

and Kelly does the rock chick thing better than Gaga. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not what Amelia is doing right here. Amelia is doing pure electro. For me that's not her. I have never seen her do on that the X factor and again it does not showcase her vocal abilities like a pop/rock song would.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not what Amelia is doing right here. Amelia is doing pure electro. For me that's not her. I have never seen her do on that the X factor and again it does not showcase her vocal abilities like a pop/rock song would.

We know Amelia has the ability to do pop/rock and do it very well.

But if Amelia wants to survive in today's music market then she has to be trendy. The electropop suits her, and she is more than capable of doing it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go back to my previous and prove me that pop/rock is not "trendy".

Again ? Coldplay, Muse, Lawson, Mumford and Sons, Ed Sheeran, Fun, etc..

When Norah Jones did Jazz, it was not trendy at all and she has been very successful so it's not a matter of trend. Really not..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention Taylor Swift who also does pop/rock.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go back to my previous and prove me that pop/rock is not "trendy".

Again ? Coldplay, Muse, Lawson, Mumford and Sons, Ed Sheeran, Fun, etc..

When Norah Jones did Jazz, it was not trendy at all and she has been very successful so it's not a matter of trend. Really not..

Coldplay - Established Fanbase
    Muse - Established Fanbase
    Lawson - The only "pretty" pop/rocky band around. (Hence the boyband remark)
    Mumford and Sons - Only appeal to alternative and older audiences.
    Ed Sheeran - Glorified Busker/Acoustic Pop and writes "recession" music.
    Fun. - Power Pop and one hit wonders

Norah Jones could actually sing JAZZ, so appealed to a particular demographic, there was just a gap in the market for her as a new-age Jazz singer. But she's had her day now...

My point is the overall GENRE in the music industry today is dance/pop. With a few exceptions. Eg Taylor Swift.

But Taylor Swift is in a different Pop/Rock league from Amelia. Taylor dosen't have a "big" exciting voice like Amelia has, infact, the overall vocals in the airwaves today is pretty laid-back, we're not ready for the "energetic shouty vocals".

Do you remember that Pop/Rock band Paramore ??

That's the kind of Pop/Rock Amelia should make soon ;)

When I say rock being "trendy" am talking about the era of music in the UK from 2004 - 2008 when new wave rock took over, You had Indie Rock, Indie Pop, Piano Pop, Alternative Rock, Britpop. :cool: (Paramore were in their prime)

Can U remember ??
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    To the above post, I agree completely. But I still disagree with electropop being the latest thing. It's trending ONLY because it's being shoved down our throats. It's not as if that's what people want to listen to, it's as if people are being forced to listen to it. It's like once you listen to Scream and Shout a few times and someone says it's good then you instinctively think of the music with that impression. A few more people tell you it's great and then you think it's trendy and so you buy it. That's exactly how electropop has caught on.

No one actually likes it because people want songs that they can sing with themselves. They would look like a right pillock if they were singing Scream and Shout in the street. However, if they sang Someone like You then nobody would care because it's something that people can sing. Sorry for the verbose explanation. But that's the only reason electropop is trendy. It's not because people want to hear it but because they're forced to hear it. That's why bands and artists who don't follow the trend of electropop are doing so well; people crave artists like Coldplay, Adele, Taylor Swift, Emeli and Kelly Clarkson.

Amelia should stick to what she did best. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To the above post, I agree completely. But I still disagree with electropop being the latest thing. It's trending ONLY because it's being shoved down our throats. It's not as if that's what people want to listen to, it's as if people are being forced to listen to it. It's like once you listen to Scream and Shout a few times and someone says it's good then you instinctively think of the music with that impression. A few more people tell you it's great and then you think it's trendy and so you buy it. That's exactly how electropop has caught on.

No one actually likes it because people want songs that they can sing with themselves. They would look like a right pillock if they were singing Scream and Shout in the street. However, if they sang Someone like You then nobody would care because it's something that people can sing. Sorry for the verbose explanation. But that's the only reason electropop is trendy. It's not because people want to hear it but because they're forced to hear it. That's why bands and artists who don't follow the trend of electropop are doing so well; people crave artists like Coldplay, Adele, Taylor Swift, Emeli and Kelly Clarkson.

Amelia should stick to what she did best. :mad:

The new wave of Dance/Pop and Electropop was started by Lady Gaga back in 2008 when she released "Just Dance".

Electropop will always have it's demographic, "Scream and Shout" is a floor-filler.

But "You Bring Me Joy" one can actually singalong to.

And I think Amelia does the electro thing well :)

It's only a matter of time before she's the new Paramore :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh, I think it's best Amelia makes a quick buck from the lastest dance/pop trend then invest in pop/rock later on, she may even become a pioneer as the UK's answer to Kelly Clarkson !!! :D

And she is now supporting Girls Aloud on thier reunion tour :)

http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/girls-aloud/375810-girls-aloud-amelia-lily-tour-support

I think this argument is kind of irrelevant.

I reckon AL will be gone long before any changes in the market - her first record did well for a couple of weeks, her second record didnt break the Top 10 and disappeared after 2 weeks. Can see her being dropped - she is not really popstar material.Think that she is one of a number of people picked up by various labels (inc Syco), that want to make a quick buck from (whilst the X factor promotion is still just in the memory) before any memories run out.
    Forum Member
    The new wave of Dance/Pop and Electropop was started by Lady Gaga back in 2008 when she released "Just Dance".

Electropop will always have it's demographic, "Scream and Shout" is a floor-filler.

And I think Amelia does the electro thing well :)

It's only a matter of time before she's the new Paramore :cool:

I hope so. I just hope the album has sort of stuff she did on the XF. I mean I just fell in love with her singing Since You've been Gone, ET (amazing!), Piece of My Heart, You and I (with that wonderful twist in the chorus), River Deep Mountain High (she looked and sounded so classy), and then China in Your Hand! I didn't even know China in Your Hand before but like Kelly said now I do! She was amazing doing her pop/rock thing. And I'm a Lily always but I want her to do that stuff again. With those charged, amazing vocals. YMBJ and SU were alright but not the Lily I know and love.

We don't need Gaga or Katy Perry when we have acoustic Amelia.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    I think this argument is kind of irrelevant.

I reckon AL will be gone long before any changes in the market - her first record did well for a couple of weeks, her second record didnt break the Top 10 and disappeared after 2 weeks. Can see her being dropped - she is not really popstar material.Think that she is one of a number of people picked up by various labels (inc Syco), that want to make a quick buck from (whilst the X factor promotion is still just in the memory) before any memories run out.

The Saturdays have had singles that didn't break the top 10 but they didn't end up getting dropped did they? I think xenomenia wouldn't have sent her to LA to shoot the video for the next single if they didn't believe she was no longer a massive priority.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope so. I just hope the album has sort of stuff she did on the XF. I mean I just fell in love with her singing Since You've been Gone, ET (amazing!), Piece of My Heart, You and I (with that wonderful twist in the chorus), River Deep Mountain High (she looked and sounded so classy), and then China in Your Hand! I didn't even know China in Your Hand before but like Kelly said now I do! She was amazing doing her pop/rock thing. And I'm a Lily always but I want her to do that stuff again. With those charged, amazing vocals. YMBJ and SU were alright but not the Lily I know and love.

We don't need Gaga or Katy Perry when we have acoustic Amelia.

Yeh, I think it's best Amelia makes a quick buck from the lastest dance/pop trend then invest in pop/rock later on, she may even become a pioneer as the UK's answer to Kelly Clarkson !!! :D

And she is now supporting Girls Aloud on thier reunion tour :)

http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/girls-aloud/375810-girls-aloud-amelia-lily-tour-support
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    The Saturdays have had singles that didn't break the top 10 but they didn't end up getting dropped did they? I think xenomenia wouldn't have sent her to LA to shoot the video for the next single if they didn't believe she was no longer a massive priority.

Good point :)

and Amelia supporting Girls Aloud on their reunion tour should keep the momentum going.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vash, you said she should make pop/rock soon. Why not now ?

You also said Lady gaga started the electropop trend which is true but Justin Timberlake was the first in the noughties to add electronic sounds to RnB/Pop with the help of Timbaland.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »

Sorry, but I think comparing the Saturdays with AL is like comparing a real diamond ring with a cubit zirconum. They have a track record - AL does not.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Sorry, but I think comparing the Saturdays with AL is like comparing a real diamond ring with a cubit zirconum. They have a track record - AL does not.

Lol I don't. The Saturdays have really gone downhill and if we're talking in terms of vocals Amelia trumps over all of them. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At last ! I was waiting for someone to talk about cubit zirconum.
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's drop this "Amelia is a rock musician" - no she's not and she never was. She is first and foremost a Popstar with abit of a rocky influence.

Secondly, it seems people are saying it's gonna flop simply because they don't like the track. It has and always will do come down to radio play. If Capital and Radio 1 get on this, then she'll have a hit, if not, it'll be another Shut Up for Amelia Lily.

Thirdly, maybe she likes the music she's making? Perhaps she's moved on from that X-Factor sound as it was massively predictable and a little dated. Lastly, I love the snippet, very current and contemporary! Look forward to hearing the full song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thirdly, maybe she likes the music she's making? Perhaps she's moved on from that X-Factor sound as it was massively predictable and a little dated. Lastly, I love the snippet, very current and contemporary! Look forward to hearing the full song.

Me too :) It'll be hitting the clubs soon !!!
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i find the snippet interesting... looking forward to the whole song!!:)
    Forum Member
    Let's drop this "Amelia is a rock musician" - no she's not and she never was. She is first and foremost a Popstar with abit of a rocky influence.

Secondly, it seems people are saying it's gonna flop simply because they don't like the track. It has and always will do come down to radio play. If Capital and Radio 1 get on this, then she'll have a hit, if not, it'll be another Shut Up for Amelia Lily.

Nobody is saying that spaceoddity. We're saying she did pop rock. I personally don't mind the electropop route she's going down but seriously don't you think it's a bit generic and a bit common? Didn't her fans become her fans because of the way she did the covers on the XF? Shouldn't she therefore not stray too far from what she was doing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. Doing pop rock is completely different from being a rock musician.