Detectives Search for Madeleine McCann in Australia

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching Central Tonight on ITV, going on about a 'controversial' leaflet highlighing the murkiness of the case and the abduction claims, the report being very pro-Mccann of course :rolleyes:
  • Loz KernowLoz Kernow Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching Central Tonight on ITV, going on about a 'controversial' leaflet highlighing the murkiness of the case and the abduction claims, the report being very pro-Mccann of course :rolleyes:

A leaflet containing 'controversial' FACTS.

If just one person removes their McCann blinkers then I for one will be pleased.
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What's important is that the leaflet is getting PUBLICITY however "controversial" it may be :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The McCanns could request the re-opening of the case but they don't seem very keen....
  • tomharry2tomharry2 Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mccaans could physically look for her...but they have not done that either...ever...except for when Gerry claims he looked for her on the night of her disappearance (ie after he prayed to allah and soiled his knees and trousers deliberately, where were you Gerry that you had to ensure that your knees were soiled so dramatically in front of the amused PJ)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomharry2 wrote: »
    The Mccaans could physically look for her...but they have not done that either...ever...except for when Gerry claims he looked for her on the night of her disappearance (ie after he prayed to allah and soiled his knees and trousers deliberately, where were you Gerry that you had to ensure that your knees were soiled so dramatically in front of the amused PJ)

Where were Kate's maternal instincts on the night Madeleine went missing, how did she manage to control the natural desire to go out looking, door to door, street by street, calling out the name of her beloved daughter?

Physically searching? No, not Kate McCann. Unless you count jogging in the days that followed.
  • tomharry2tomharry2 Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loz Kernow wrote: »
    Where were Kate's maternal instincts on the night Madeleine went missing, how did she manage to control the natural desire to go out looking, door to door, street by street, calling out the name of her beloved daughter?

Physically searching? No, not Kate McCann. Unless you count jogging in the days that followed.

and proper makeup...how could she stand in front of the mirror and apply her make up every day for the cameras...when her child was missing...unless the child was not missing then it becomes easy...a chore to complete.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and proper makeup...how could she stand in front of the mirror and apply her make up every day for the cameras...when her child was missing...unless the child was not missing then it becomes easy...a chore to complete.

And earrings. Don't forget the ever-changing earrings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Gerry? Clarence Mitchell is on record as claiming that Gerry wanted Kate to pose in a swimsuit for the cameras after Maddie's disappearance! The same Gerry who put marketing ahead of the possible gouging out of his own daughter's eyes? What sort of father is he?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    What about Gerry? Clarence Mitchell is on record as claiming that Gerry wanted Kate to pose in a swimsuit for the cameras after Maddie's disappearance! The same Gerry who put marketing ahead of the possible gouging out of his own daughter's eyes? What sort of father is he?

The sort of father who laughs when he thinks the cameras have stopped rolling.
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member

Maybe he's a member of a certain group and was seeing if anyone else was. Haven't they got a special sign?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC proper are now carrying the "LeafletGate" story :eek:. The McCanns have apparently released a statement in response :rolleyes:
    The McCanns released a statement saying they did want to dignify the organisation by giving any response - but they believed it did not have Madeleine's best interests at heart.

They added they felt that, if anything, it was hampering efforts to achieve justice on Madeleine's behalf.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/8202418.stm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *stifles ironic laughter*

I'd say that the Foundation HAS been shown to have Madeleine's best interests at heart - as opposed to her parents who are more worried about their own skins.

How can the revelation of FACTS hamper the case?

And when was the last time Mr and Mrs McCann were seen trying to 'achieve justice for Madeleine'?
    Forum Member

I'd say that the Foundation HAS been shown to have Madeleine's best interests at heart - as opposed to her parents who are more worried about their own skins.

And when was the last time Mr and Mrs McCann were seen trying to 'achieve justice for Madeleine'?

When they keep sending people on a wild goose chase.

Has any more been said about the police officer that was found with lots of money in his bank? I think he was one of the first on the scene the night Madeleine went missing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good question!

Meanwhile, does anyone know where I can read the statement the BBC refers to? I can't find it on their Donate-Towards-Our-Mortgage-Payment website. Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    When they keep sending people on a wild goose chase.

Has any more been said about the police officer that was found with lots of money in his bank? I think he was one of the first on the scene the night Madeleine went missing.

For some reason, I'm not really interested in this particular story. I'm more interested in Antonio Jimenez, the Metodo 3 operative tasked with "looking for Maddie" in Morocco who was in a Spanish jail awaiting trial on various charges the last time I heard!
    Forum Member
    For some reason, I'm not really interested in this particular story. I'm more interested in Antonio Jimenez, the Metodo 3 operative tasked with "looking for Maddie" in Morocco who was in a Spanish jail awaiting trial on various charges the last time I heard!

Really! :eek: What's that all about? What are the charges?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone enter the Madeleine Foundation's site on http://www.madeleinefoundation.org/ ? I'm currently unable to :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Can anyone enter the Madeleine Foundation's site on http://www.madeleinefoundation.org/ ? I'm currently unable to :confused:

No, I can't either. How strange.
    Forum Member

Apparently it's due to the high volume of traffic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really! :eek: What's that all about? What are the charges?

Some information here and here :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently it's due to the high volume of traffic.

I certainly hope so :D
    Forum Member
    Some information here and here :)

If they had nothing to hide, why would they need an informant?
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can get on there, but I still haven't been able to get on the http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/ site. I have been trying on and off for the last few hours, as I still haven't been able to see the 10 reasons leaflet. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofieellis wrote: »
    I can get on there, but I still haven't been able to get on the http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/ site. I have been trying on and off for the last few hours, as I still haven't been able to see the 10 reasons leaflet. :confused:

Strange because I can get on that site and not the MF one! For the leaflet, try this link. Just scroll down a little bit to get to it!
This discussion has been closed.